Author Topic: No panic. But to be realistic ,team needs a makeover  (Read 1098 times)

No panic. But to be realistic ,team needs a makeover
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:17:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
- Never seen doc lose his cool this early in the year , since he has been a celts coach and he has had worse teams. I don't think he is joking about changes to come
- You lose to NO , Bulls without Rose and now Cleveland. It doesn't get any worse than this.
- Celtics are not playing bad. They are working hard out there, but bottom line is, other teams score and we can't get timely bucks
- We are chasing a ghost of three years ago. Last years run was 50 percent epic, 50 percent luck.

I know this will be an unpopular comment, but Rondo should be the #1 guy dangled on the trade market as we speak. He has the most value of any of our players right now.

The issue i have with him since last season is that he plays out of control and it rubs onto the team in a negative way. There were subtle but key differences when we beat New York without him.  Ball sharing was spectacular, and it was just simple effective basketball. Rondo on the other hand, holds onto the ball way too long usually and everyone on the court just stands still. Calls plays after plays that just don't work. His defense as we seen tonight can't get any worse for an nba pg. Instead of moving his feet like Bradley just wants to gamble all the time to try to steal the ball. Or he is not focused on his man and looking forward to that defensive rebound to add to his stat

So i'd start with offering up Rondo right now. Pierce would be next but i'd love to keep KG, if he wanted to still stay. 

What gets accomplish by Rondo and/or Pierce trade

Starters - c/pf- KG, pf/C-(new starter), sf - Pierce or new starter, G- Courtney Lee , G - Avery Bradley

Bench - Sully, Green, Terry, Bass, Barbosa (bench has been doing their part since the winning streak has started)

I really like the lee and bradley backcourt duo and they haven't been out playing together that much since the NYN game. Rondo prevents them to play together for long stretches. Irving would of not scored 40 with these guys out together.  But again, its not just about preventing a marquee point like Irving from scoring at will. Its about how a Rondoless team would actually benefit the rest of the guys. It doesn't matter if Bradley and lee score a combined 10 points, the opposing guards wouldn't have their way on the court. This also gets other players on their team out of sync.  And like i've mentioned on offense, you play simple basketball, plus you got Lee and Bradley who can make shots that open up the floor for everyone else.

Thoughts

Re: No panic. But to be realistic ,team needs a makeover
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 12:20:06 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
It depends on what we can get for Rondo. I'd want legit talent for him.

Among all all-star caliber players, Rondo might have the most varied trade value. Some GMs might love him, some might hate him. What I don't want Danny to do is trade him for the sake of trading him. If he can find a good deal, I'm all for it. If not, keep Rondo.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 12:27:08 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
At this point, I'm ready to move Pierce, Rondo, and KG(if he'd let us). And just give Bradley, Sully, and Melo all the minutes they need to develop.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 12:27:10 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'd love to trade Rondo, but I doubt the right deal for us is on the table. As mention above, the perception of Rondo as a player is too varied.

I think he's the type of player people love to put in their top guards list, but when the time comes to trade for him, you hesitate to give up good players for him, even if the perception around the league is that those players may not be as good as Rondo.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 11:55:31 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
I am affraid if this team will be in playoff zone this year. The best scenario, if they will get 8th place @ East, most likely to be Vs Miami...in this case, will be impossible to be optimistic beating Heat, if you are down against modest teams such Cavs or NOrleans

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 12:00:38 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I am affraid if this team will be in playoff zone this year. The best scenario, if they will get 8th place @ East, most likely to be Vs Miami...in this case, will be impossible to be optimistic beating Heat, if you are down against modest teams such Cavs or NOrleans

The Celts get up for big teams usually. Especially a rivalry like that. If we are healthy all we need to do is play well for a stretch of that series and you can win.

We have been terrible but when push comes to shove.ibthink if you trot our team out there with a shortened rotation that they can still compete with the best of them. Plus Rondo is still a huge match up problem for them.

It would still be an uphill battle but losing to teams like NOH or the Cavs doesn't make me think we have less of a chance beating the Heat just like if we were beating those teams I wouldn't give us more of a chance of beating them.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40

The Celts get up for big teams usually. Especially a rivalry like that. If we are healthy all we need to do is play well for a stretch of that series and you can win.

We have been terrible but when push comes to shove.ibthink if you trot our team out there with a shortened rotation that they can still compete with the best of them. Plus Rondo is still a huge match up problem for them.

It would still be an uphill battle but losing to teams like NOH or the Cavs doesn't make me think we have less of a chance beating the Heat just like if we were beating those teams I wouldn't give us more of a chance of beating them.

I have a simple question for you dude

Do really think that in this conditions Cs can eleminate Heat during playoff?!