Author Topic: This issue is our role-players, not the big 3  (Read 1188 times)

This issue is our role-players, not the big 3
« on: January 22, 2013, 10:13:25 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Alot of people on this board are pointing at Pierce/KG/Rondo...but thus far in the season, all 3 have played at near all-star level...Sure pierce is slumping Now, but just a couple weeks ago he was going toe-to-toe with melo so im not worried about him.

the problem is that outside of sullinger/bradley/Lee our bench has given us NOTHING.

Green/Terry/Bass were signed to give us an offensive boost. but thus far they have been a non-factor for us. while guys like Pietrus/Dooling wouldnt give much in terms of offensive output...they COMMITTED to defense.

thus far, none of those guys are committed to defense nor are giving us ANY scoring off the bench. they have no chemistry together. and they are NOT committed to giving the effort on the defensive end that is required to win.

last years team lacked the talent that this years team had..but they BOUGHT in..i've yet to see our new guys "Buy in" to playing defense night in/night out

Re: This issue is our role-players, not the big 3
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The problem with this argument is that, statistically speaking at least, the supporting cast is still deeper and more productive than what we had last year.

Lest we forget, last year we were depending on Pietrus, Dooling, Stiemsma, and Sasha Pavlovic to give us scoring off the bench.  Their defense was better, but they were terrible offensively.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:44:13 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I still think the problem is our two best offensive options are 35+ yrs old

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 10:52:24 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Alot of people on this board are pointing at Pierce/KG/Rondo...but thus far in the season, all 3 have played at near all-star level...Sure pierce is slumping Now, but just a couple weeks ago he was going toe-to-toe with melo so im not worried about him.

the problem is that outside of sullinger/bradley/Lee our bench has given us NOTHING.

Green/Terry/Bass were signed to give us an offensive boost. but thus far they have been a non-factor for us. while guys like Pietrus/Dooling wouldnt give much in terms of offensive output...they COMMITTED to defense.

thus far, none of those guys are committed to defense nor are giving us ANY scoring off the bench. they have no chemistry together. and they are NOT committed to giving the effort on the defensive end that is required to win.

last years team lacked the talent that this years team had..but they BOUGHT in..i've yet to see our new guys "Buy in" to playing defense night in/night out

I think you're wrong in pretty much everything you're saying.

Green has played good defensively for us this year. And Terry too, when you know, he's actually tasked to someone he can actually guard, like a PG... which has been the usual since he's been on the bench.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 11:06:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I still think the problem is our two best offensive options are 35+ yrs old

Yes alot of it , but not being able to play defense and stay in the game for 40 minutes IF that is what it takes to win is critical...got to count on having stars that can play the game 40 minutes every night.

Rondo is over rated , and a poor offensive threat and wastes the offense standing around dribbling all day , instead of attackin gthe paint  fast before the defense can setup.  His attitude and play has been a huge drag on this team.

DOC is a big problem becasue he lets Rondo play like dirt night in and night out and not calling him out.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 11:08:51 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
green/terry/lee struggle when each play 20 20 and 20 min.  splitting time creating an 9 man rotation is silly.  Give green 40 min, let lee and terry play like maniacs for 10 min.  and dominate the other team with a big guard rotation of pierce/green/bradley.