Author Topic: Remember the Future  (Read 935 times)

Remember the Future
« on: January 22, 2013, 10:07:43 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Think about it this way:

Rondo/Bradley/Green/Sullinger/Melo is a credible, solid starting lineup for 2014-2015... do not trade any of them.

Apart from them, KG and Pierce might as well finish off their careers here.

Everyone else is expendable.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Re: Remember the Future
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 10:17:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't have a ton of confidence that the lineup you describe would be a particularly good team.  That team doesn't have a credible go-to scoring option.

Bradley and Sullinger are nice pieces.  Melo may turn into a decent player at some point.

But if we're talking about a post-Pierce/KG team, we are going to need a lot more young assets to build around.  No, guys like Lee, Green, and Bass don't count.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:32:54 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Hard to remember the future when it hasn't arrived yet.

Is that you, Marty McFly?

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 10:38:27 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I don't know if Rondo could handle rebuilding, Bradley is overrated to me as he hasn't played well for more than a month, Green....blah, I like Sully, and who knows what Melo is.

I don't see any real future #1 guys there.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:40:44 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Mediocre lineup that gets you a 6-8 playoff spot.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 10:41:47 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Horrible team. Much rather have

Tyreke, Avery, Green, Sully, Cousins, Melo

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 10:42:31 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Mediocre lineup that gets you a 6-8 playoff spot.

we may not even make the playoffs this year and if we do we will get swept in the 1st the way it is looking now.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 10:45:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I have no desire to build around Green as a key piece of the future.  We may have to due to his contract, but he's just not that good.

Once KG and Pierce retire, this team is going to stink until the team lands another legit star.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 10:48:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I have no desire to build around Green as a key piece of the future.  We may have to due to his contract, but he's just not that good.

Once KG and Pierce retire, this team is going to stink until the team lands another legit star.

YUP.....23 more years of waiting and waiting and waiting  and waiting .....its gonna really suck.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 10:51:37 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

This.  Post Pierce/KG we're at least 3-4 years away from being a competitive playoff team, assuming the best case scenario with draft picks hitting and prospects developing.

That's why, although I value Rondo as a player, I wouldn't hesitate to trade him for the right package of prospects.  Because he'll be on the wrong side of 30 by the time we have the next core group together.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain