Author Topic: Kyrie > Rondo  (Read 54343 times)

Re: Kyrie > Rondo
« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2013, 01:01:07 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642

Love this kid.

Isn't that a travel?

He is quite a scorer though.

Looked like a travel to me too.  Still made for a fun show though.

« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2013, 01:19:37 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28

Love this kid.

Isn't that a travel?

He is quite a scorer though.

Looked like a travel to me too.  Still made for a fun show though.
Looks like he was already in the air when he picked up his dribble.  Just landed, launched.  No travel in this gif.

« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2013, 01:26:50 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Imagine LeBron going back to join him in the summer of '14. Ouch.

A Lebron + Kyrie combination would be unstoppable.

I was thinking about that and they would need one more frontcourt player I think to really make them incredible/unstoppable...

Kenneth Faried.

Any chance they could trade away Thompson, Zeller, and a future 1st for Faried?

I'm thinking no, but what if they also trade away Varejao to a contender with that team sending back another prospect to Denver?  I think Varejao could fetch a prospect of high enough level to make that deal get done.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2013, 02:08:13 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I was thinking about that and they would need one more frontcourt player I think to really make them incredible/unstoppable...

Kenneth Faried.

I'm thinking no, but what if they also trade away Varejao to a contender with that team sending back another prospect to Denver?  I think Varejao could fetch a prospect of high enough level to make that deal get done.

I think a healthy Varejao would be enough.  Whether you can count on a healthy Varejao is another story.

But a Lebron + Irving + Varejao core is definitely championship worthy.  Just add in some defensive role players and you're all set.

Link
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:14:03 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2013, 08:35:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

Kenneth Faried.

I think a healthy Varejao would be enough.  Whether you can count on a healthy Varejao is another story.

But a Lebron + Irving + Varejao core is definitely championship worthy.  Just add in some defensive role players and you're all set.

Link
Thompson looks like he is going to be a pretty darn good player.  Zeller has potential as well.  Heck even Speights might still be there.  With Lebron and Irving, that is probably enough.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #275 on: February 18, 2013, 09:21:04 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Kenneth Faried.

Link

I think Varejao would be that player now... but we're talking in two years from now when Lebron hypothetically goes to Cleveland.  And you want a player who is not only at that level two years from now, but can sustain it for a few years beginning at that time. 

I think Faried will be that player because of his ability to create extra possessions.  That paired with the incredible efficiency of Kyrie and Lebron would be deadly.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #276 on: February 21, 2013, 09:05:47 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
35 pts with 20 coming in the fourth quarter!  :o

That kid is nasty!!

« Reply #277 on: February 21, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
There's no doubt Irving is better than Rondo.

I am not even sure it's close.

Of course there is, unless your method of comparing players consists entirely of how much they score.

How I wish your Rondo obsession would be shared by at least one rival GM. To think of what we could land...

« Reply #278 on: February 21, 2013, 09:35:30 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Kyrie is turning into a pretty stellar player. I watched the last part of the Hornets game last night and he killed it. He is going to a sueprstar in this league in couple years, hes already on the border of being one.

I would still take Rondo to run the point position however.

« Reply #279 on: February 21, 2013, 09:56:29 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Of course there is, unless your method of comparing players consists entirely of how much they score.

How I wish your Rondo obsession would be shared by at least one rival GM. To think of what we could land...

Yeah, regardless of how we feel as fans, it's probably fair to say that Kyrie has substantially more value around the league than Rondo (even prior to the injury).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #280 on: February 21, 2013, 10:08:48 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

OTOH, put most of the people here in charge of a team and we'd be perennial bottom feeders. The consensus opinion in the forums has been wrong often enough that I don't find being in the minority to be particularly distressing.

« Reply #281 on: February 21, 2013, 10:14:28 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
He can dribble and score

If the cavs miss the playoffs again next year then I couldnt care less....Until then its a cute story

« Reply #282 on: February 21, 2013, 10:15:06 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Yeah, regardless of how we feel as fans, it's probably fair to say that Kyrie has substantially more value around the league than Rondo (even prior to the injury).

There's a lot that goes into trade value though.

« Reply #283 on: February 21, 2013, 10:19:29 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

OTOH, put most of the people here in charge of a team and we'd be perennial bottom feeders. The consensus opinion in the forums has been wrong often enough that I don't find being in the minority to be particularly distressing.

I wouldn't picture you lasting long enough in charge of a team (or even a lunch order) to be perennial anything, so maybe you would make a better GM than the consensus opinion.  It would give your replacement a head start on fixing your mess.  So we're in agreement, TP.

And as an added bonus, Ricky Davis (whom you defended as a worthwhile gamble) and Mark Blount (whose signing you excused as defensible because we didn't have a franchise big man) are both available!  Rondo, Ricky Davis, and Blount, the BBallTim Dream Team, are all within reach.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:27:00 AM by celtsfan84 »

« Reply #284 on: February 21, 2013, 10:30:37 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

I wouldn't picture you lasting long enough in charge of a team (or even a lunch order) to be perennial anything, so maybe you would make a better GM than the consensus opinion.  It would give your replacement a head start on fixing your mess.  So we're in agreement, TP.

And as an added bonus, Ricky Davis (whom you defended as a worthwhile gamble) and Mark Blount (whose signing you excused as defensible because we didn't have a franchise big man) are both available!  Rondo, Ricky Davis, and Blount, the BBallTim Dream Team, are all within reach.

Too funny. You could interview for the job by breaking down the Raef/Theo trade again, after the owners stopped laughing you could hope they were amused enough to give you a job. Like cleaning up the office I left for and getting it ready it's next occupant.