Author Topic: Kyrie > Rondo  (Read 54319 times)

Kyrie > Rondo
« on: January 22, 2013, 09:55:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Discuss...

Good game for Rondo, but Kyrie was at another level tonight.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Kyrie > Rondo
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 09:56:24 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I agree, tonight he was better.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 09:57:37 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Far higher ceiling than Rondo definitely. I'd still argue Rondo is a better pass first pg, Kyrie is by far a better scorer though.

Cavs picked a good time to get the number 1 pick

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 09:59:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

To be fair, I think Kyrie is behind only Paul, Westbrook, and Rose at the PG spot.  Already.  In a year or two I think he'll only be looking up at CP3.

p.s. watch out I think I hear BBallTim coming
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:00:59 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Soooo..

CROTORNATS Rocks right?

are we good picking players or what?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 10:02:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Irving will be one of the greatest shooters this league will have ever seen by the time his career is done. But he is one of these new hybrid scoring PGs that people love.

To me if your a PG you have to make the rest of the team better by running an offense not running just your offense. Irving had a great shooting night. But I still say Rondo is a better point guard.

Rondo is a better passer.
Rondo is better in the open court.
Rondo is a better defender.
Rondo is a better rebounder.
Rondo can run a team offense better.

Irving is a better scorer and shooter.

Irving will be a STAR in this league and probably start most All-Star games once the Cavs start playing winning basketball. But right now, Rondo is a better overall player and PG.

And to this point Rondo has been a winner and Irving not. Yeah a lot of that is the personnel they play with and coaching but if I had to win one game in the playoffs, I want Rondo playing that game over Irving. As of right now that is.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 10:03:28 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Hyperbole and fluctuations often expressed on this forum is downright laughable.  Kyrie is not on Rondo's level and I'm not even saying that because I'm a Celtic.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 10:04:41 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Yeah, he's better at scoring, but Bradley was doing fine against him. I wonder why Rondo was defending Kyrie in the 4th.

And I hate the fact this kid is allowed to push his defender as if he was Kobe, Karate Hamster or MJ. He's an All Star by this.

Tonight it only feels like overreacting, but Rondo is still a better all around player. Kyrie can be the best PG in the League, though. And then you have Playoff Rondo, who is much better than Rondo. And I hate that.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 10:04:46 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Tonight, sure...I guess.

Neither plays a lick of defense.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 10:11:29 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
All the PG talk is nice but what was the last team that won a championship having their PG as the best player on that team? Was it Billups for the Pistons? And before that I can't think of anyone all the way back to I.Thomas & Magic.
I'm fine with Rondo as out PG, I'm not so happy with most of the other guys on the team right now.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Neither plays a lick of defense.

Very solid point.  That's an area Kyrie has to improve in (along with playmaking for teammates).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 10:14:26 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Tonight Kyrie for sure.

If you are picking a PG for the playoffs I'd take Rondo.

Irving is pretty amazing and scary though.

He can pretty much do anything on the court and is never fazed or rushed on anything. He was playing against Bradley for a decent amount of possessions and just took his time and made plays.

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 10:21:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Tonight Kyrie for sure.

If you are picking a PG for the playoffs I'd take Rondo.

Irving is pretty amazing and scary though.

He can pretty much do anything on the court and is never fazed or rushed on anything. He was playing against Bradley for a decent amount of possessions and just took his time and made plays.

I'd take Kyrie over Rondo in the playoffs pretty much no question unless I had multiple elite scoring options for Rondo to pass to.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 10:21:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Cleveland couldn't  possibly be that stupid. to trade .  Kyrie is without a doubt superior to ROndo...ROndo is mentally WEAK and not a very good leader. Give me Kyrie anyday.

CP3 would have NEVER EVER  EVER let his team down , like ROndo has these past few games. IF Rondo was so great why can't he take over like Westbrooke, CP3 , Irving , Rose ect ...becasue he is a TERRIBLE shooter., and not a smart player.

Do it in a heart beat.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:46:22 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 10:24:33 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Kyrie is an amazing scorer, this can not be disputed.

As far as I have seen so far, that is all he does though.  No defense, no making teammates better, no running an offense (he is a PG by the way-not a SG).

ESPN has all of you fooled.  Putting the ball in the basket in NOT the only aspect of the game of basketball.

Kyrie is a gunner, a darn good gunner, but that is it.  Maybe as he gets older, that will change.  Until then, he does not deserve to be mentioned with the likes of CP3, Rondo, etc..  He's more like a more efficient version of Montae Ellis.