Author Topic: I didn't see the CLE game, but this is absurd...  (Read 2355 times)

I didn't see the CLE game, but this is absurd...
« on: January 22, 2013, 09:42:31 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I didn't see the Cleveland game. And I'm glad I didn't see it. But what the heck is going on? I do not care how good or promising Kyrie Irving is... the kid is an absolute stud... but how can you let anyone score 40 on you at this point in our season? We are absolutely pathetic.

Rondo must have been guarding him. I hope he was. If it was Avery, it will be that much worse & nauseating. I try not to overreact to a loss. I thought we could right the ship when we saw flashes of our old defense when Avery returned. But against a 10-win team, after Doc's comments last game, and letting one guy basically dismantle you... that's just not acceptable.

I wouldn't be surprised if Terry is running around doing his stupid (bleeping) jet right now, too. And Bass is scratching his head, wondering what quarter it is. And Sully... every box score I check... he has 10 & 8 after 14 mins... to go with 4 fouls. How can you be so undisciplined as to foul that much? His failure to improve here seriously suggests he has no frontal lobe.

/rant

I'm sorry. This one did it for me. I am ever the optimist, especially when it comes to this team, and a die-hard supporter of Rondo (over the years), Avery (since day 1), and Sully. But this is just unacceptable.

k, now officially /rant  >:(
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: I didn't see the CLE game, but this is absurd...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 09:56:56 PM »

Offline RedSpades

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
You didn't watch the game... so your input is really not worth reading.

Oh and why does Sullinger get a lot of fouls? Um... don't you watch the games? The kid is a rookie and he'll get calls for bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. reasons. It happens. The kid is also a rookie and he will make rookie mistakes so give him a break. He's the only one who's been consistent so talking Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. about him makes you look ungrateful.

Pierce is the problem here. He's been trash trash trash. The man now has horrible shot selection, poor defense, turns over the ball like a pro, the list goes on with how bad Pierce has been this season. If you want to criticize someone, pick him.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 09:57:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I didn't watch. The Celtics are past their prime and not feared by all the young athletic temas, CLIPPERS, GRIZZLES , NETS, Rockets , ect all these teams are vastly young and athletic.  Lakers are really in the same boat as the Celtics ...STARS are TOO old.....Kobe and Pierce are old stars than still can shoot lights out on a good night , but too old to defend for 40 minutes.

TOO many good young players loaded on to MANY TEAMS. 

Celtics as a team are now outclassed by better , younger players.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 10:02:05 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I didn't watch.

Was pretty easy to predict what was going to happen.

This team doesn't play a brand of basketball I have much interest in watching.

Honestly, I wish somebody would just make a video of Bradley and Sullinger highlights for each game.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:05:15 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I think its simple...

the shiny new bench that Ainge put together to TAKE the load off or pierce/KG has GREATLY underperformed.

we signed Terry/Green/Bass to give us ane offensive punch...but lately they have given us nothing.

theres alot of talented guys on the team, but unfortunately they dont fit together

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 10:08:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I didn't watch.

Was pretty easy to predict what was going to happen.

This team doesn't play a brand of basketball I have much interest in watching.

Honestly, I wish somebody would just make a video of Bradley and Sullinger highlights for each game.

Yep...you knew it too ,  these were my EXACT THOUGHTS ...I like watching Sully and Bradley as they give me a hope for seeing a decent Celtics team again.

I can't take anymore JET .  He is sickening aweful.   Bass is so unskilled , Green unconfident , on and on.....

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 10:08:43 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
It's been a terrible game to watch. Doc, the starters, the bench... only Sully came to play at 100%, and he's a beast.

Next game they may really try for a change, but after the ASG they'll play Celtic ball and we'll be behind them to try another run at the playoffs. Who knows

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 10:11:50 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
You didn't watch the game... so your input is really not worth reading.

Oh and why does Sullinger get a lot of fouls? Um... don't you watch the games? The kid is a rookie and he'll get calls for bull**** reasons. It happens. The kid is also a rookie and he will make rookie mistakes so give him a break. He's the only one who's been consistent so talking **** about him makes you look ungrateful.

Pierce is the problem here. He's been trash trash trash. The man now has horrible shot selection, poor defense, turns over the ball like a pro, the list goes on with how bad Pierce has been this season. If you want to criticize someone, pick him.

Sullinger gets a lot of fouls because he is late on rotations, leans into shooters, and hacks when he realizes he is beat... to make them shoot free throws and, more than once this season, to avoid being posterized. These are avoidable issues, even for a rookie at his stage. Blaming the refs for that is plain silly - there's no evidence of a "rookie trend" where rookies rack up 3-4 fouls in 12 mins every single night. A lot of his fouls are egregious and 75% of them come down to discipline.

If I am ungrateful, I would not harp to anyone that would listen about how promising he is, along with Avery. I have been calling him a "future borderline all-star for months..."

If you blame Pierce for our failures this season, you are the one not watching closely enough... that's pretty laughable.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 10:13:31 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I watched Irving and four scrubs carve up Boston. Nothing like losing to Alonzo gee, luke Walton, some guy named Livingston

Irving is all the cavs have. I live in ohio and their fans don't even care because they are so bad