Author Topic: Trade them ALL*  (Read 2041 times)

Trade them ALL*
« on: January 22, 2013, 09:35:18 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
* Except Sully, Bradley, and Melo.

What a lame showing. Losing to the one-man Cavs.

Thank you, Pierce, for another wretched shooting performance.

Thank you, KG, for going 2 for 10 after a 3-for-3 start.

Thank you, Rondo, for going 3 for 11 after a 4-for-6 start.

With the three exceptions above, trade all of these guys. Terry is nearly useless. Green was invisible again. Bass couldn't even convert a freakin' easy alley-oop. Rondo's our best piece (which isn't saying much), so ship him off for Cousins or some other good young player. Ship off Pierce for a couple draft picks. Ditto for KG—he's still got game, but it's mighty hard for him to have an impact in only (what seems like) 12 minutes a game. Get what you can for Lee.

What a disappointment. Most of these guys didn't even have any fire tonight.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Re: Trade them ALL*
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 09:42:54 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
it is now quite obvious that last year was the final hurrah for this club which is why i wanted to beat the heat so bad and just make the finals. oh well. time to rebuild around the youngsters. cannot blame DA for trying this this year though. I think he has seen enough now though. we lose to crappy after crappy after crappy team. inexcusable.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 09:44:02 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Reckon cavs fans have a trade iriving thread when he has an off game?...........

Just a query

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 09:47:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Reckon cavs fans have a trade iriving thread when he has an off game?...........

Just a query

Here's the way I feel about it:

Rondo is a nice player.  The fact that the Celtics aren't great is not his fault. 

Still, I just don't think he's a guy I want to build around.  He's a nice #2 or #3. 

By the time this team has rebuilt, Rondo will be 30 or 31.  Trade him now while his value is high and get some pieces for the future.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 09:49:10 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Just a query

Rondo is a nice player.  The fact that the Celtics aren't great is not his fault. 

Still, I just don't think he's a guy I want to build around.  He's a nice #2 or #3. 

By the time this team has rebuilt, Rondo will be 30 or 31.  Trade him now while his value is high and get some pieces for the future.

agree. start over, get what we can now for him. build around AB and sully and even melo.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 09:54:47 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Just a query

I reckon Rondo is going to be averaging the same numbers (possibly more points) then he is now at that age anyway. The things im looking for a nice scoring wing. Hopefully melo develops into a 10/10/3 player he could be

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 09:56:16 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I'd keep Lee to be honest

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 09:57:23 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40

Just a query

Theres no comparison between Rondo and Uncle Drew. He is on the verge of becoming a superstar, something Rondo could only dream of.

Even Cavs fans wouldnt wish to trade him, unless they are insane. Rondo at this point is just as expendable as everyone else and has the most trade value.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 09:58:06 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
I posted the same on the game thread, but I'm not sure anymore. Right now they have little to no value, or we're not getting a fair trade for our players.

So no big trade now, try to move Bass and play the season. Make the big trades around the draft, and try to build a team around our young players.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 09:58:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Just a query

I reckon Rondo is going to be averaging the same numbers (possibly more points) then he is now at that age anyway. The things im looking for a nice scoring wing. Hopefully melo develops into a 10/10/3 player he could be

I think Rondo will be able to pass well until he's 40.

But he has trouble scoring more than 10-12 pts a game despite being faster and more agile than the vast majority of guys defending him.

What happens when Rondo starts to slow down?  Unless he develops a 3 point shot, I'll be very concerned about that.  I mean, Tony Parker is physically similar and he's still going strong at 30, but I even wonder how much longer he'll be able to keep that up.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 09:59:37 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
love the tittle

keep it simple

trade them all without except
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 10:06:20 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
I was thinking the other night that if this team lost to the Cavs, then Ainge will be forced to do something. No Varejao tonight for the one trick pony Cavs, and still lost.

Either Ainge is going to do something, or I could see KG opting out early on his deal.

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 10:27:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I was thinking the other night that if this team lost to the Cavs, then Ainge will be forced to do something. No Varejao tonight for the one trick pony Cavs, and still lost.

Either Ainge is going to do something, or I could see KG opting out early on his deal.

Man I agree... I couldn't bring myself to watch, I knew the result.... losing to a bunch of NOBODIES , after all those other embrassing losses..... there truely is NO HEART left in this team.

I agree,  Danny might as well start now ...these guys are finished....  he needs to make MAJOR trades. and then hope for drafting luck.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 10:29:34 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Man I agree... I couldn't bring myself to watch, I knew the result.... losing to a bunch of NOBODIES , after all those other embrassing losses..... there truely is NO HEART left in this team.

I agree,  Danny might as well start now ...these guys are finished....  he needs to make MAJOR trades. and then hope for drafting luck.

i skipped weightlifting at the gym to watch this so called NBA team called the celtics. I think i will skip the game next time.  :(
LET'S GO CELTICS!