Author Topic: this team is done. what do you do if you're DA?  (Read 9433 times)

Re: this team is done. what do you do if you're DA?
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2013, 07:49:40 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
any chance we can merge all these into one big over-reaction thread?

Any way you can explain to us how this is an over reaction? This is not last year or 2010. This is a team of mismatched parts, many of which have no interest in doing what it takes to be a Celtic. The green glasses guys are starting to drive me nuts.  This team is garbage.

yeah, you gave up on this team early on last year too.

It is not last  year. THis team has no one inside except KG and a talented rookie. This team is soft. This team has a bunch of guys who don know what it means to be a Celtic. Keep living on last year and have fun with it.
I'd argue that our accomplishments last year were pretty overblown as well.   We went on a run towards the end of the lockout shortened season thanks to KG hopping into the rejuvination machine (dropping 20/10 nightly) and the sneak-attack of a complete unknown (Avery Bradley) having the greatest shooting stretch of his life.    Then we beat a Horford-less Hawks team in Round 1... and knocked off the 8th seed 76ers (in 7 games) in Round 2.   Not exactly the stuff of legends. 

This team is what it is and it has been this way since Shaq broke.  When you have 3 former superstars and a lot of pride, you can ride on the fumes of former greatness up to a point... but only to a point.

again while we realize that last year was most probably our last hurrah with these guys no need to discredit them. you think the magic did when they beat us in 09? due to KG's injury?lakers in 2010? due to perks injury?it is part of the game. that reasoning can be thrown out by plenty of teams every year. it is a waste of time. let's move on.

Yes.  The continued campaign to try to discredit the accomplishments of last year's team is fairly petty and distasteful in my opinion.

agreed. That is all I am saying. It is why it was so tough to lose last year because we knew that was probably it deep down in our hearts. I guarantee you the magic are not discredited for beating us without KG in 09 and winning the east nor that big fat ring the lakers won is discredited in 2010 because we lost perk. nobody looks back at those things. They just see the championship. would have been the same for us had we won it all last year. nobody would have cared rose was hurt against philly or horford in atlanta.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2013, 07:53:12 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
While i will not dis-credit anything the C's did last year, Cause that was a hell of a run. This is not the same team. We rely on Jump shots more and more. Everything is pick and pop. Its either KG popping, Bass floating out, or Paul floating beyond the 3 point line. Celtics need to find some big man that actually picks and then rolls. Sully is good but is still a rookie, and we cannot lay our chances on him.

yes we need a big guy who can post up but another problem is we do not dribble drive/dish or cut enough. not fast break enough for easy buckets in the paint. remember there is more than one way for high % shots. we have some dribble drivers but for some unknown reason are not doing it enough. This reliance on jumpers is suicide. It is crazy.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2013, 10:09:25 AM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
A) I don't think he has the pieces other teams would want in order to make a trade for a decent big. I mean after watching 41 games what team would be that interested in Terry, Bass, or Green? Maybe Lee as I don't think he's been too bad and has played better as of late. Pierce and Garnett aren't overly tradeable either. Pierce has an awful playoff last year and looks old and slow, and Garnett is certainly not the same player he was.
I'd hate to trade Bradley or Sully so I guess Rondo is the possibility, but I also don't think he's as highly thought of around the league as he is here in Boston. Some of the ideas of what people think they can get for him make me laugh.
B) And this is on Doc, I'd start sitting KG and Pierce out for games. They both look ole and tired. They're a 500 team anyway, so why not rest them so maybe they could help in the games thay play?

Just my thoughts, but I think this team is on it's way down, not back up.

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2013, 10:14:57 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
It's TIME to bring up Melo !! We need someone who can play defense and block shots !!
Yess!!! C's has no one in the middle to at least alternate other players shot..Cavs had alot of easy shots close to the basket
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2013, 10:17:57 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Pierce is old and cant run like he use to. Yes, he will have a great game here and there but not every night like he use to. He is not a top player anymore, just have to face it that father time wins all the time!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin