Author Topic: this team is done. what do you do if you're DA?  (Read 9436 times)

Re: this team is done. what do you do if you're DA?
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2013, 10:38:33 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
any chance we can merge all these into one big over-reaction thread?

Any way you can explain to us how this is an over reaction? This is not last year or 2010. This is a team of mismatched parts, many of which have no interest in doing what it takes to be a Celtic. The green glasses guys are starting to drive me nuts.  This team is garbage.

yeah, you gave up on this team early on last year too.

It is not last  year. THis team has no one inside except KG and a talented rookie. This team is soft. This team has a bunch of guys who don know what it means to be a Celtic. Keep living on last year and have fun with it.

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2013, 10:41:50 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Any way you can explain to us how this is an over reaction? This is not last year or 2010. This is a team of mismatched parts, many of which have no interest in doing what it takes to be a Celtic. The green glasses guys are starting to drive me nuts.  This team is garbage.

It is not last  year. THis team has no one inside except KG and a talented rookie. This team is soft. This team has a bunch of guys who don know what it means to be a Celtic. Keep living on last year and have fun with it.
I'd argue that our accomplishments last year were pretty overblown as well.   We went on a run towards the end of the lockout shortened season thanks to KG hopping into the rejuvination machine (dropping 20/10 nightly) and the sneak-attack of a complete unknown (Avery Bradley) having the greatest shooting stretch of his life.    Then we beat a Horford-less Hawks team in Round 1... and knocked off the 8th seed 76ers (in 7 games) in Round 2.   Not exactly the stuff of legends. 

This team is what it is and it has been this way since Shaq broke.  When you have 3 former superstars and a lot of pride, you can ride on the fumes of former greatness up to a point... but only to a point.

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2013, 10:56:27 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

I'd argue that our accomplishments last year were pretty overblown as well.   We went on a run towards the end of the lockout shortened season thanks to KG hopping into the rejuvination machine (dropping 20/10 nightly) and the sneak-attack of a complete unknown (Avery Bradley) having the greatest shooting stretch of his life.    Then we beat a Horford-less Hawks team in Round 1... and knocked off the 8th seed 76ers (in 7 games) in Round 2.   Not exactly the stuff of legends. 

This team is what it is and it has been this way since Shaq broke.  When you have 3 former superstars and a lot of pride, you can ride on the fumes of former greatness up to a point... but only to a point.

again while we realize that last year was most probably our last hurrah with these guys no need to discredit them. you think the magic did when they beat us in 09? due to KG's injury?lakers in 2010? due to perks injury?it is part of the game. that reasoning can be thrown out by plenty of teams every year. it is a waste of time. let's move on.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2013, 11:00:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
what should Danny do? 
1. hope like hell he can move JET, Green and Bass at a minimum for decent players/ assets without having to cough up draft picks to get other teams to take them.
2. hope KG and PP see the writing on the wall and call it a career in the offseason.
3. pick the best players available when it's his turn to pick in this year's draft.
4. hope AB, Sully and Melo continue to improve next year and that they get a lucky bounce in the lottery in 2014 where they land the next franchise player.

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2013, 11:12:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
DA doesn't have to BLOW this team up ...its happening all by itself right before our eyes , just like the Lakers.

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2013, 11:26:26 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Id give up our first rounder to get a big. Mahinmi is fine.

Id tell Doc to sit Paul on some games so he can get rest, and guve Green some more minutes and set up plays for them. I realky believe that Greens case Is just a lack of confidnece issue and once he gets rolling, he'll be good.

Id tell Doc to convice Rondo to stop the matador defense and just play his man.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2013, 11:32:15 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2013, 11:49:32 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
A team that has Garnett, Pierce, and Rondo is never done. They will right this ship.

Yep. Right this ship into a first round playoff loss. Can't wait.
It's not fun, but the C's need to make the playoffs this year. Sully and Bradley need the experience. 2014 will be the season for the lottery. I'd love to skip the crash, but assets need to be acquired. No we won't get #1, the C's never have that kind of luck, but we can get a talent or two. Trades and FA market in a couple of years... sucks until then.

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2013, 11:52:24 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I've said it before and will keep saying it. Deal Pierce and KG to the Lakers for Howard and whoever else to make the trade work.

Then, extend Howard and hope you can get Josh Smith next summer.

The idea would be to create a new superteam of Rondo, Smith and DH with Bradley, Sully and Green as your COMPLIMENTARY pieces (remember people, you can't build a team around Bradley and Sullinger.)

That's what I would do and start a new era. You're not getting anything out of this current group.
Why do people keep insisting to trade KG? He's got a no trade clause and if this were blown up he'd just retire.

What makes you think KG wouldn't waive his no trade clause to play with Kobe in LA?

What makes you think Howard wouldn't walk from us after this season. He has 0 interest in Boston.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2013, 11:57:01 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Rocknroll,

I would hang onto Lee if possible.  Keep Melo.

Smitty77

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2013, 12:04:51 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Sorry Rocknroll, you had Melo in there as a keeper.  Agree.

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2013, 12:14:49 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

again while we realize that last year was most probably our last hurrah with these guys no need to discredit them. you think the magic did when they beat us in 09? due to KG's injury?lakers in 2010? due to perks injury?it is part of the game. that reasoning can be thrown out by plenty of teams every year. it is a waste of time. let's move on.

Yes.  The continued campaign to try to discredit the accomplishments of last year's team is fairly petty and distasteful in my opinion.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2013, 12:18:09 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
While i will not dis-credit anything the C's did last year, Cause that was a hell of a run. This is not the same team. We rely on Jump shots more and more. Everything is pick and pop. Its either KG popping, Bass floating out, or Paul floating beyond the 3 point line. Celtics need to find some big man that actually picks and then rolls. Sully is good but is still a rookie, and we cannot lay our chances on him.

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 12:32:36 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
trade Bass, Lee, Terry, Melo, Green for 2014 picks. Let KG and Paul retire in May. Sign Oden. Let the young guys develop and go for broke in 2014.

All except I'd keep Melo. Oden Sully Melo could be awesome in a couple years. Then hope for Wiggins or Parker in 2014.

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 12:41:45 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
What are the options for next summer besides trades? 
Any free agents coming along we can afford?