Author Topic: this team is done. what do you do if you're DA?  (Read 9435 times)

Re: this team is done. what do you do if you're DA?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 10:04:02 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Hate me if you want , but I would have traded Rondo and Bass for Cousins.   I'd gave the KINGS RONDO and GREEN  , in a heartbeat..... so now HOW do you get a LOTTERY pick ?? All I can say the BIGGEST screwup DA may have made is not giving the KINGs who ever thay wanted for Cousins.

Either bring in a new "BIG" for ROndo , or blow it up , and fiddle around for next 23 years .

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 10:06:33 PM »

Offline reelbig4

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
They need a young scorer along Rondo

rondo and pierce just MAY be traded.  :P
I'm fine with Rondo is not his fault to make plays to the two top shooters that happened to be too old, what he needs is two young scorers.

I agree with this 100%.  PP and KG have given their all these last few seasons.  Father time is just finally catching up a bit.  I am sure DA's plans are being tweaked as we go along.  I hate to say it, but I have kind of written this year off at this point as well.  I don't really see anything lighting the spark on us like AB did last year.

I just hope that we don't make short sighted trades that improve us a bit this year, but strap us for cap space later thinking we are a real contender.
At least Doc should seat Garnett and Pierce for a game or two, to see what happens, let some young guys shoot, I mean I guess there's nothing left to lose.

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Terry/Green were brought in to give us 10ppg off the bench EACH

so far it seems they barely make any impact on the game.

ainge put together a talented group of players..However, talent on paper doesnt make a team. and thus far it just seems like they have no chemistry together.

two of Lee/Bass/Terry need to go for a defensive big...and im leaning towards bass/Terry because lately Lee has provided some solid defense

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 10:08:23 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Hate me if you want , but I would have traded Rondo and Bass for Cousins.   I'd gave the KINGS RONDO and GREEN  , in a heartbeat..... so now HOW do you get a LOTTERY pick ?? All I can say the BIGGEST screwup DA may have made is not giving the KINGs who ever thay wanted for Cousins.

Either bring in a new "BIG" for ROndo , or blow it up , and fiddle around for next 23 years .

yep. I'd do that in a heartbeat. then you have a nice good young core to build around in Ab, sully, DMC and fabulous melo.  ;D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 10:09:56 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jason terry is all talk. Plays no defense and can't make shots anymore

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 10:11:21 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Id honestly rather have Dooling, Quis, Pietrus, Steamer back with Lee and Sully in the mix.

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 10:12:39 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
KG and Pierce are old and worn out, it is what it is.

Rondo needs young horses, but only has Sully and Bradley (who are too young right now).

The rest of the roster is trash.

This team plays with zero heart, passion or effort.  They play like they don't even want to be there.  At this point, I don't think even KG or Pierce can be absolved of this.

The win streak was fools gold, but only in that as fans we should have known the effort they showed was fleeting, and soon enough the team would be back to loafing.  Bradley coming back seemed to spark the team, but once the "adrenaline" wore off, it was back to business as usual.

I HATE this team.  I can deal with losing, but can not deal with lazy, uninterested effort.

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 10:14:44 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
KG and Pierce are old and worn out, it is what it is.

Rondo needs young horses, but only has Sully and Bradley (who are too young right now).

The rest of the roster is trash.

This team plays with zero heart, passion or effort.  They play like they don't even want to be there.  At this point, I don't think even KG or Pierce can be absolved of this.

The win streak was fools gold, but only in that as fans we should have known the effort they showed was fleeting, and soon enough the team would be back to loafing.  Bradley coming back seemed to spark the team, but once the "adrenaline" wore off, it was back to business as usual.

I HATE this team.  I can deal with losing, but can not deal with lazy, uninterested effort.

yep, which is why i said before if there is anyone who does not give it his all for his paycheck then HIT THE DANG DOOR! LEAVE. we do not want you or need you.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Id honestly rather have Dooling, Quis, Pietrus, Steamer back with Lee and Sully in the mix.

the difference is those guys BOUGHT IN to playing defense and putting in the effort. Our new guys havent at all..

its looking like the pieces ainge picked up were just a bad fit...he decided to foregoe defense for more offense off the bench and in turn we got neither.

time to see if we can move guys like Bass/Terry/Green

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 10:18:09 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
I didnt even answer the question of the OP, oops.

If im DA I give a tearful phone call and ask him why he lost his GM job with Minny. We need a favor, or 3

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 10:20:14 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Geez.. this Extended Window team has MISSED OUT on a lot of possible trades that coula/woulda/shoulda helped us.

JO for David West
Ray for Mayo
Jamal Crawford in place of Ray/Lee/Jet

I still strongly believe this could be a running team with Rondo and without Pierce/KG

If I were Ainge, I'd start a fire sale. Keep Rondo, and everyone else except Sully and maybe Bradley is up for grabs. KG probably wouldn't net us anyone at this stage of his career, so he stays this year and retires next. Fine.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aqd3o2t
HUGE TRADE, UNLIKELY TO EVER HAPPEN BUT STILL FAIR

Boston - JSmith, Billups, DeJordan, Turkoglu, Redick
ATL - JGreen, CLee, picks
Orlando - Butler, Bass, picks
LAC - Pierce, Melo, JTerry, Collins, Barbosa

Boston rebuilds. Rondo,Redick,Turk,Smith,DeAnre3000

Atlanta get Lee to replace Lou(torn ACL) and Green fills in rebuild mode for the Hawks.

Orlando save about 6 mil losing Turk and some draft picks.

LAC gets an LA native closer in Pierce, project Melo that could be better than Djordan, and the JET

I know this trade would probably never happen, but it's what I would do if I were the GM(or playing 2k13) b/c I'm tired of seeing this team show glimpses of greatness, then billboard signs of failure.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 10:20:25 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I've said it before and will keep saying it. Deal Pierce and KG to the Lakers for Howard and whoever else to make the trade work.

Then, extend Howard and hope you can get Josh Smith next summer.

The idea would be to create a new superteam of Rondo, Smith and DH with Bradley, Sully and Green as your COMPLIMENTARY pieces (remember people, you can't build a team around Bradley and Sullinger.)

That's what I would do and start a new era. You're not getting anything out of this current group.

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 10:20:44 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
trade Bass, Lee, Terry, Melo, Green for 2014 picks. Let KG and Paul retire in May. Sign Oden. Let the young guys develop and go for broke in 2014.

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2013, 10:22:18 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
A team that has Garnett, Pierce, and Rondo is never done. They will right this ship.

Yep. Right this ship into a first round playoff loss. Can't wait.

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2013, 10:23:16 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I've said it before and will keep saying it. Deal Pierce and KG to the Lakers for Howard and whoever else to make the trade work.

Then, extend Howard and hope you can get Josh Smith next summer.

The idea would be to create a new superteam of Rondo, Smith and DH with Bradley, Sully and Green as your COMPLIMENTARY pieces (remember people, you can't build a team around Bradley and Sullinger.)

That's what I would do and start a new era. You're not getting anything out of this current group.

Why on earth would LA do that? If they think that Howard won't stay with them they can get way more for him then two old guys who are done.
Peace through Tyranny