Author Topic: this team is done. what do you do if you're DA?  (Read 9430 times)

Re: this team is done. what do you do if you're DA?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 09:45:48 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Everyone calm down.  This team will be fine once Avery Bradley comes back.

Yep, wait....you mean that wasn't Avery Bradley I saw out there tonight? LOL

and just like that,  the legend of Avery Bradley is dead

look he has made a difference but not the difference so many here chirped about for ages. he does not make us a contender.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 09:45:51 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd start shopping everybody on the roster with the exception of Bradley and Sullinger.

By shopping, I don't mean what I suspect Ainge normally does, which is say that he's willing to make a deal and then tell people to "make his day."

No.  Get what you can for the players on your roster.  If somebody makes you an offer that will put you in even a somewhat better position 2-3 years down the road, do it.  Point blank.

This team is SO far beyond "win now."  There is no win now.  This team will probably make the playoffs, but only because there's a sharp drop-off after them in the Eastern Conference.

They should get what they can for the role players on the bench and then aim for a lottery pick.  Maybe they can even get a couple other first round picks via trades if they play their cards right, since this draft isn't highly touted.

I'm done with this group, and Ainge should be, too.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 09:46:43 PM »

Offline reelbig4

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
They need a young scorer along Rondo

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 09:47:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

And Kyrie Irving absolutely torched Rondo.  For pessimistic naysayers like myself, this game killed two birds with one stone. 

But all jokes aside... it's all part of the ups and downs a .500 team.  I feel exactly the same about this team as I did in the offseason.  We'll win half our games and lose half our games.  Didn't read too much into the losing streak and didn't read too much into the win streak.  I refuse to panic until after the trade deadline.  This roster has been broken since day 1.  Now we'll see if we can maybe fix it.

Rondo should be ashamed of himself for the lack of defense he has shown all year, especially tonight.

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 09:47:29 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

rondo and pierce just MAY be traded.  :P
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 09:49:16 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
A team that has Garnett, Pierce, and Rondo is never done. They will right this ship.

The ship has sunk. Unless that sentence gets corrected by Danny Ainge to "A team that has Garnett, Pierce, Rondo and (insert other star player here) is never done. They will right this ship." Then yeah I can see it.

But with the lack of size and awful bench, its over my friend.

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 09:50:58 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
A team that has Garnett, Pierce, and Rondo is never done. They will right this ship.

The ship has sunk. Unless that sentence gets corrected by Danny Ainge to "A team that has Garnett, Pierce, Rondo and (insert other star player here) is never done. They will right this ship." Then yeah I can see it.

But with the lack of size and awful bench, its over my friend.

yeppers. we are done like dinner the way we are currently constructed. last year was our last hurrah.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 09:51:13 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40

And Kyrie Irving absolutely torched Rondo.  For pessimistic naysayers like myself, this game killed two birds with one stone. 

But all jokes aside... it's all part of the ups and downs a .500 team.  I feel exactly the same about this team as I did in the offseason.  We'll win half our games and lose half our games.  Didn't read too much into the losing streak and didn't read too much into the win streak.  I refuse to panic until after the trade deadline.  This roster has been broken since day 1.  Now we'll see if we can maybe fix it.

Rondo should be ashamed of himself for the lack of defense he has shown all year, especially tonight.

Didnt get to watch the game until 5 min in the 4th. Who guarded Kyrie the majority of the game?

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 09:51:32 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Half way through the season and this team still looks like they are playing preseason games. Pathetic. This is rock bottom. The cavs are woeful

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 09:51:46 PM »

Offline reelbig4

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7

I'm fine with Rondo is not his fault to make plays to the two top shooters that happened to be too old, what he needs is two young scorers.

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 09:52:49 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Ainge should step down for having traded Perk away. Then suck at golf for the remaining 30 years of his life on some sandy, unkempt golf course in Montana.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 09:53:25 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Well considering I wanted to blow it up in the offseason....I'd invent a time machine and go back

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 09:54:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
that nixed Ray Allen for Mayo trade last year really hurts now

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 09:55:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I'm fine with Rondo is not his fault to make plays to the two top shooters that happened to be too old, what he needs is two young scorers.

I agree with this 100%.  PP and KG have given their all these last few seasons.  Father time is just finally catching up a bit.  I am sure DA's plans are being tweaked as we go along.  I hate to say it, but I have kind of written this year off at this point as well.  I don't really see anything lighting the spark on us like AB did last year.

I just hope that we don't make short sighted trades that improve us a bit this year, but strap us for cap space later thinking we are a real contender.

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2013, 10:02:37 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
everyone needs to take a step back...KG/Rondo still are playing like all-stars and Pierce is going through a slump right now.

the problem is ALL of our role-players not named: Bradley, Lee or Sullinger

Bass/Terry/Green are GREATLY underperforming and arent giving us much of everything...these guys were picked up to take the slack off of the big 3, yet they havent done anything.

sure guys like Dooling/Pietrus didnt give you much in the way of scoring..BUT they played defense...Terry, Green etc arent really giving us either