Author Topic: Jermaine O'Neal gets in a shouting match with GM  (Read 11446 times)

Jermaine O'Neal gets in a shouting match with GM
« on: January 22, 2013, 03:11:49 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Yahoo Sports reports Jermaine O'Neal and GM Lance Blanks "engaged in a loud, expletive-laced confrontation on Monday."
Related: Marcin Gortat

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

Re: Jermaine O'Neal gets in a shouting match with GM
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 03:13:19 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Yahoo Sports reports Jermaine O'Neal and GM Lance Blanks "engaged in a loud, expletive-laced confrontation on Monday."

"Well joke is on you, Lance Blanks! I'm a Toys R Us kid, and your name makes you sound like a really terrible superhero! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to collect the remainder of my paycheck from my couch because I think you're mean." - Jermaine O'Neal

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 03:15:39 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
He's right there with some of my least favorite Celtics of all-time.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 03:20:30 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 03:24:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Somebody must be trying to force a buyout so he can join Miami.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 03:33:03 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Somebody must be trying to force a buyout so he can join Miami.
U got it!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 03:41:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Jermaine immediately reported severe pain in his shouting wrist, and will be out for 6-8 paychecks.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 03:43:08 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Let him collect his few remaining NBA paychecks from the Maricopa County Jail.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 03:55:33 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
No sympathy for the Phoenix organization whatsoever.

Not sure what their aim is right now.

Trotting out a bunch of sloppy-bodied basketball players isn't a good look to me. Everyone in that team bar Shannon brown and Gortat needs to find the weights room.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 04:08:20 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51

"Well joke is on you, Lance Blanks! I'm a Toys R Us kid, and your name makes you sound like a really terrible superhero! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to collect the remainder of my paycheck from my couch because I think you're mean." - Jermaine O'Neal
This situation is funny to me because I hung out with Jermaine Saturday & he was very candid while talking about alot of things. He says he absolutely loved the playing for the Celtics & wouldn't mind playing there again. He says the injury that kept him out was overblown just to keep him away from the team because he & Doc got into a physical altercation & that Doc wanted no more parts of him. He says he was sorry about it & he & Doc has since appologized to each other. But the player & coach relationship had soured enough to where he could no longer be a member in that locker room. But what I think is the funniest thing is that he also said "I will only be in Phoenix another week maybe if things go right" so I asked "Are you hearing your name in trades or something?" He said "Not really that but I got some things in play if things go right" and of course me not wanting to beat a dead horse I tried to figure those things out myself. But starting a profanity laced tirade at the front office escaped my imagination! Jermaine is such a nice guy, very polite & approachable guy, that I'm assuming he went in & asked for his release & the Suns frontmen said no we are not going to do that & he then got angry & his temper got the best of him. Maybe I'm being biased because he liked me enough to wanna be my friend & hangout away from the ballcourt but I have encountered many NBA cats & he's the 2nd coolest guy I've ever met only behind Shawn Marion. Very down to earth superstars or former how ever you wanna look at it. He really wants a title before he retires & he said as much & he was only using Phoenix to show he was healthy again & they were supposed to be his stepping stone to flip to a contender later. Looks like I may get to keep a friend for a year though now that Phoenix may not accommodate him. :)

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 04:12:40 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

This situation is funny to me because I hung out with Jermaine Saturday & he was very candid while talking about alot of things. He says he absolutely loved the playing for the Celtics & wouldn't mind playing there again. He says the injury that kept him out was overblown just to keep him away from the team because he & Doc got into a physical altercation & that Doc wanted no more parts of him. He says he was sorry about it & he & Doc has since appologized to each other. But the player & coach relationship had soured enough to where he could no longer be a member in that locker room. But what I think is the funniest thing is that he also said "I will only be in Phoenix another week maybe if things go right" so I asked "Are you hearing your name in trades or something?" He said "Not really that but I got some things in play if things go right" and of course me not wanting to beat a dead horse I tried to figure those things out myself. But starting a profanity laced tirade at the front office escaped my imagination! Jermaine is such a nice guy, very polite & approachable guy, that I'm assuming he went in & asked for his release & the Suns frontmen said no we are not going to do that & he then got angry & his temper got the best of him. Maybe I'm being biased because he liked me enough to wanna be my friend & hangout away from the ballcourt but I have encountered many NBA cats & he's the 2nd coolest guy I've ever met only behind Shawn Marion. Very down to earth superstars or former how ever you wanna look at it. He really wants a title before he retires & he said as much & he was only using Phoenix to show he was healthy again & they were supposed to be his stepping stone to flip to a contender later. Looks like I may get to keep a friend for a year though now that Phoenix may not accommodate him. :)

If this is actually for real and a true account then that is pretty cool.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Pics or it didn't happen.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 04:16:44 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Not gonna lie. I would sign JO to play Collins' minutes.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 04:17:31 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
It's a good thing we got rid of him!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 04:22:05 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

So he's a nice guy even though he physically assualted his teams head coach and by your own accounts just created a situation (expletive laced tirade) to get out from the contract he signed, to play for a contender? Sounds about right...     ::)