Author Topic: Memphis makes trade to get under the tax.....  (Read 9980 times)

Re: Memphis makes trade to get under the tax.....
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 02:13:50 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Clearly Memphis needs to go sign Kenyon Martin  :D.

West, TA, K Mart, Z Bo. LOL that locker room is reality TV.
I could see them blasting music and flexing pregame, TA probably crip walking rofl
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 02:17:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Last Years draft based on production thus far
1. Irving
2. Faried
3. Vucevic
4. T. Thompson

Off the top of my head Kawhi Leonard and Klay Thompson are pretty big omissions on that list. From a prospect standpoint Valancunias seems to be a much better option.

Add Iman Shumpert to the list for sure too.

To me, Thompson has Hakim Warrick written all over him. A guy that can put up numbers without making any kind of real impact on the game.
Based on production thus far Shumpert and Leonard belong no where near that list.  Klay certainly could be there and he is a pretty nice scorer/shooter thus far.  He doesn't do much else aside from shoot though.

Leonard's stats aren't flashy, but he looks like a great piece down the road for SA.

Yeah, Kawhi Leonard is a very good player. I can't remember whether I had him just inside or just outside the top ten SFs in the league when I was last ranking players.

Very good player. Strong defender and possession creator with a legitimate three ball offensively in addition to his athletic finishes around the basket and in trnasition. Kawhi adds a lot of value to a team.

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 02:19:19 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Clearly Memphis needs to go sign Kenyon Martin
Great idea. They should sign K-Mart.

Gives them a great insurance policy against the injury prone Darrell Arthur. They'll be hard pressed to find anyone else with nearly as much quality as Kenyon Marin on a minimum contract.

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Interesting.

I didnt like it for the Grizz at first but if those signings are actually true then its not bad. They are still soooo thing up front however.  They save about 6 mil in cap and wont have to trade Gay or Randolph. Keepign that lineup intact was the smartest move to make. Thin bench, especially up front.

Conley/West
Allen/Walker/Vujacic
Gay/Pondexter
Randolph/Arthur
Gasol/Haddadi

They have Jerryd Bayless too. A Bayless + Delonte backcourt is a good reserve backcourt. I think Delonte will be great with the Grizzlies power game through the post. His spot-up shooting and dribble penetration will be a really nice weapon for Memphis.

Pity the Vujacic signing isn't happneing. I'd like to see him back in the NBA.

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 02:40:37 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Last Years draft based on production thus far
1. Irving
2. Faried
3. Vucevic
4. T. Thompson

Off the top of my head Kawhi Leonard and Klay Thompson are pretty big omissions on that list. From a prospect standpoint Valancunias seems to be a much better option.

Add Iman Shumpert to the list for sure too.

To me, Thompson has Hakim Warrick written all over him. A guy that can put up numbers without making any kind of real impact on the game.
Based on production thus far Shumpert and Leonard belong no where near that list.  Klay certainly could be there and he is a pretty nice scorer/shooter thus far.  He doesn't do much else aside from shoot though.

Leonard's stats aren't flashy, but he looks like a great piece down the road for SA.

Yeah, Kawhi Leonard is a very good player. I can't remember whether I had him just inside or just outside the top ten SFs in the league when I was last ranking players.

Very good player. Strong defender and possession creator with a legitimate three ball offensively in addition to his athletic finishes around the basket and in trnasition. Kawhi adds a lot of value to a team.
Basically the SF version of what Bradley provided last year, with a larger sample size to back it up.

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 03:32:14 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Yes, had alot of ppl laugh at me when i said Faried should be a top 5 pick..I got that one right!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 03:53:39 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yes, had alot of ppl laugh at me when i said Faried should be a top 5 pick..I got that one right!!!
Still don't see him as a top 5 pick.

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Interesting.

I didnt like it for the Grizz at first but if those signings are actually true then its not bad. They are still soooo thing up front however.  They save about 6 mil in cap and wont have to trade Gay or Randolph. Keepign that lineup intact was the smartest move to make. Thin bench, especially up front.

Conley/West
Allen/Walker/Vujacic
Gay/Pondexter
Randolph/Arthur
Gasol/Haddadi

They have Jerryd Bayless too. A Bayless + Delonte backcourt is a good reserve backcourt. I think Delonte will be great with the Grizzlies power game through the post. His spot-up shooting and dribble penetration will be a really nice weapon for Memphis.

Pity the Vujacic signing isn't happneing. I'd like to see him back in the NBA.

Yeah good call. I was getting Ellington confused with Bayless.

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 06:05:34 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Why couldn't we get in on Speights? He's got size is a decent rebounder and can score a little. Sure the defense needs work, but he's on the cheap and relatively young.

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 06:09:46 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Why couldn't we get in on Speights? He's got size is a decent rebounder and can score a little. Sure the defense needs work, but he's on the cheap and relatively young.
I thought same thing
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 06:11:15 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I thought same thing

Cavs probably want him to take up some of Varejao's minutes.  Doubt they're in a hurry to move him.  Plus I think he may not be able to be traded for awhile since he was in a multiplayer deal.

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 06:12:11 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I thought same thing

Cavs probably want him to take up some of Varejao's minutes.  Doubt they're in a hurry to move him.  Plus I think he may not be able to be traded for awhile since he was in a multiplayer deal.

He could be re-routed, as long as he's the only player Cavs are sending out.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 06:18:23 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I thought same thing
I don't see any role here for Speights to fill.

I prefer Bass and Sullinger to Speights at the power forward position and I would rather concentrate on finding someone who can play defense at the backup five behind Garnett.

$4 million a year. Danny would have to give up somebody earning a similar amount to make the salaries work. Someone who would be more valuable to the team than Speights would be.