Poll

Should/Will Bass be benched? Who should replace him?

Bass should stay starting
1 (5%)
Sully
13 (65%)
Green
2 (10%)
Wilcox
3 (15%)
Jason Collins
0 (0%)
Lee at the 3, Pierce at the 4
0 (0%)
Bench someone else
0 (0%)
Start different players each game
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: More couch coaching: bench Bass?  (Read 5140 times)

Re: More couch coaching: bench Bass?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Yeah, bench him. Bench Bass.

I was hopeful that Bsas would find more of a comfort level when placed back in last year's starting lineup but it hasn't happened. He has had almost 10 games now (back in the starting unit) and he is trending downwards instead of upwards. I am ready to make a change.

I'd give Wilcox the nod before Sullinger. I like what Sully is giving Boston off the bench and am reluctant to mess with that. I'd rather give Wilcox the go-ahead in a part time starters role where he plays anywhere from 16-20mpg to 20-24mpg.

I don't think Bass will contribute much off the bench in a second unit that already has ball-happy / shot-happy players like Jason Terry and Jeff Green. So I'd expect his decreased production to continue to the rest of the season.
wilcox is an absolute joke. He averaged 5/4 for us last year. Sullinger averaged 10 rebounds during our winning streak, and consistently gets double doubles. He is averaging 6/6 right now and is an above average rebounder, whereas wilcox is very below average rebounder.
calm down..no one said wilcox is better then sullinger. he's comfortable and playing well with starters minutes coming off the bench and there's reason to want to keep that going while still benching bass....get it?

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 12:05:42 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Yeah, bench him. Bench Bass.

I was hopeful that Bsas would find more of a comfort level when placed back in last year's starting lineup but it hasn't happened. He has had almost 10 games now (back in the starting unit) and he is trending downwards instead of upwards. I am ready to make a change.

I'd give Wilcox the nod before Sullinger. I like what Sully is giving Boston off the bench and am reluctant to mess with that. I'd rather give Wilcox the go-ahead in a part time starters role where he plays anywhere from 16-20mpg to 20-24mpg.

I don't think Bass will contribute much off the bench in a second unit that already has ball-happy / shot-happy players like Jason Terry and Jeff Green. So I'd expect his decreased production to continue to the rest of the season.

I honestly didn't think Bass was a "Contract year" kind of player. He seemed more professional then that. Now I am not so sure. I hope he turns things around.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The spambots are out in force tonite.  I wish they had a button you could choke people through the internet for guys like this one.