Author Topic: Pau Gasol to permanently come off the bench for lakers  (Read 1922 times)

Re: Pau Gasol to permanently come off the bench for lakers
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 12:33:03 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I wonder how long will D'Antoni and Co. tinker with that lineup?

It's not like they have a WHOLE lot of games left...

The disappointing thing is that because of BOS's struggles, I just can't relish in LA's. We are not THAT much far off.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 12:38:53 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

The disappointing thing is that because of BOS's struggles, I just can't relish in LA's. We are not THAT much far off.

Do they even have a winning record with D'Antoni? How long are they expecting it to take him to turn things around?

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:42:39 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Do they even have a winning record with D'Antoni? How long are they expecting it to take him to turn things around?

Not sure...I'm still shocked that they seemingly gave Phil the cold shoulder.

Perhaps the Lakers are planning on getting the 8th seed...POR/HOU/MIN are playing inconsistently right now...Lakers do have the slimmest of hope of reaching the post-season.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:52:34 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I feel bad for Pau.  I think he's a good player who is being terribly misused on that team with that coach.

I really hope they trade him to a team he can help win.  He's one of the most skilled big men in the game and perhaps the most gifted post scorer and passer in the league right now.  He should be playing at center anchoring an offense the way his brother does in Memphis. 

With his skillset and size he should be a highly productive player for another few years.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 02:42:19 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Good decision. They should bring Pau off the bench like Boston did with McHale.

They can't keep Pau involved enough when alongside the other three stars at the same time. They need more lineups where 2-3 stars are on the floor together instead of 4. That will help increase each individual's production somewhat. Good decision.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 02:54:11 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

They can't keep Pau involved enough when alongside the other three stars at the same time. They need more lineups where 2-3 stars are on the floor together instead of 4. That will help increase each individual's production somewhat. Good decision.

It's going to drive him out of there.

He is not at all happy about it. Pretty much said he wanted a trade in a pregame interview before chicago today.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 03:06:27 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

It's going to drive him out of there.

He is not at all happy about it. Pretty much said he wanted a trade in a pregame interview before chicago today.

Who cares? People care too much about how happy players are.

The team needs him to fill another role. Pau won't like it but he'll be professional about and do his [dang] job. That is the type of person is.

Just like Garnett or Bosh will play the center position even though neither likes it. The coach needs to do what is right for the team and bringing Pau Gasol off the bench is exactly that.