Author Topic: The Clippers should . . .  (Read 10147 times)

Re: The Clippers should . . .
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 03:39:27 AM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
trade Chris Paul for Steph Curry.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130121/LACGSW/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpgt[0021200610]

I mean, look at this box score.  He just got completely outplayed by Curry in a loss to the Warriors.  He's a lazy bum who doesn't bring it every night on either end of the floor.

Bad game for Paul for sure, but I think Steph Curry has a pretty firm grip on 'second best pg' this season, and he got the better of Paul tonight.

I wouldn't say that Curry has a firm grip on the title of second best pg.  I'd be more apt to say that he might be in the discussion, but that Rondo, Westbrook, Parker, Holiday, and Irving all have something to say about that.

The way Curry is playing right now, I don't think any of those guys are on his level. Curry might (actually, almost certainly will) drop off, but until he does, I think it goes Paul, Curry.

Westbrook though...his last 4 games have been insane: 33.8PTS, 6AST, 6RBS, .510 eFG%, .841 FT%

He's been better throughout the season too. Among point guards he's 1st in PPG, RPG, and FTA, 2nd (to Chris Paul) in efficiency and PER, 3rd in offensive win shares, 4th in defensive win shares, 5th in steals and assists. His AST/TO ratio is about league average and slightly better than Curry's (2.45 vs 2.25).

The only category Curry has excelled in over Westbrook this season is his ridiculous 3-point shooting.

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 08:01:29 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Clippers should trade Eric Bledsoe while his stock is so high.

Get a legit 2 or better 3
I think they are keeping Bledsoe until they see what chris paul does.  That said I'm sure they would move him in the right trade, but I think they are more than happy to keep him as Paul insurance through the year.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 08:37:42 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Granger would make sense for the Clips.  Bledsoe, another player or two (probably Odom and Thompkins) and a 1st would probably be what they need to get it done.

Indy might do it to free up Granger's $ and his spot for George.  I think Granger's worth more and Indy already has a PG but they might go for it.

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 09:34:02 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Gay makes the most sense for the Clippers. 

Butler, Odom, and Bledsoe for Gay, Wroten, and Arthur

Clippers get a legit healthy SF scorer, a young PG to replace Bledsoe, and a young PF to provide depth.

Grizzlies save some money this year and a lot long term, provide a capable (though not as good) Gay replacement in Butler, a veteran PF for their bench who is expiring, and a young fireball PG for their second unit.

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 09:43:49 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Clips plus PP equals championship material if they can get him for odom and stuff

From a totally objective perspective (i.e. non-Celtics POV), Piece continues to make all kinds of sense for them.

Problem is matching up value. They're not likely to ship Jordan to the Cs, even if he and Blake sharing the floor smells largely problematic come playoff time. And Bledsoe, while valuable, doesn't fill a need for the Cs -- he'd be more like a 'chip'.

Outside of those two players. they have no attractive assets. The deal would probably need to be built around Jordan for the Cs to be interested, unless they plan to move Rondo too....

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 09:47:43 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Well played and agreed...they didn't miss a beat when magic Johnson combined with Isiah Thomas and John Stockton missed some games....Blake Griffin is the clippers best player and they have the best bench in the nba..if little Chris Paul can't even get to his first conference championship will the delusional man crush gushing finally stop? doubtful..best pg ever and he's best friends with all the stars proves it!

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 09:49:20 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't know how much sense Danny Granger makes for the Clippers.
  • Granger is 29 years old and probably only has a few years left at a high level.
  • Granger needs 14-17 shots a night on a team that doesn't have that many to give.
  • Granger is a fairly average defender/rebounder and limited passer. So outside of his prolific scoring, he doesn't bring a lot to the table.
  • Plus, he is on $13-14 million a year so it'll be difficult to pay Granger + Griffin + CP3 + D.Jordan + a supporting cast.
I think I'd want something more if I am giving up Bledsoe. Either someone younger or someone who fits in better and can contribute in more ways than just scoring.

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 10:03:11 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
  • Granger is 29 years old and probably only has a few years left at a high level.
  • Granger needs 14-17 shots a night on a team that doesn't have that many to give.
  • Granger is a fairly average defender/rebounder and limited passer. So outside of his prolific scoring, he doesn't bring a lot to the table.
  • Plus, he is on $13-14 million a year so it'll be difficult to pay Granger + Griffin + CP3 + D.Jordan + a supporting cast.
I think I'd want something more if I am giving up Bledsoe. Either someone younger or someone who fits in better and can contribute in more ways than just scoring.

I look at it the other way.

The Pacers need more then a backup PG for Granger.

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 10:33:25 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Bledsoe should be moved.  They already have Paul, Billups, Crawford, and Green.

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 11:00:02 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Bledsoe and Odom package for either Milsap or Big Al has to go down. Jazz need a young pg and also need to move one of those guys.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 11:00:50 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

If you start looking at dollars though, then Odom and still 1 other player have to go to Indiana just to make the dollars work.  The trade starts to look better at that point for Indiana.

How about this three team trade?

LAC - Gay, Augustin
MEM - Granger
IND - Bledsoe, Butler, Odom

And yes I know Memphis just made a trade to get under the tax, but Granger is a pretty nice fit there and saves them some additional money, especially long term.

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 12:04:34 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

If you start looking at dollars though, then Odom and still 1 other player have to go to Indiana just to make the dollars work.  The trade starts to look better at that point for Indiana.

LAC - Gay, Augustin
MEM - Granger

And yes I know Memphis just made a trade to get under the tax, but Granger is a pretty nice fit there and saves them some additional money, especially long term.
hey now, isn't the requirement that any 3-team deal proposed here has to include the C's and with them getting (or giving up) the best player in the deal?  ;)

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 12:10:03 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

LAC - Gay, Augustin
MEM - Granger

hey now, isn't the requirement that any 3-team deal proposed here has to include the C's and with them getting (or giving up) the best player in the deal?  ;)

Indiana is getting royally screwed here.

Another case of Celtics fans overvaluing other role players (bledsoe) while they think its absurd that AB can even get a starting caliber player back

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 12:17:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

LAC - Gay, Augustin
MEM - Granger

Another case of Celtics fans overvaluing other role players (bledsoe) while they think its absurd that AB can even get a starting caliber player back
The Pacers played very well without Granger and have one of the worst benches in basketball. Caron Butler fits in well with that starting unit (though while a downgrade isn't exactly a scrub), Odom provides much needed leadership and depth to the bench, and Bledsoe provides a spark for the second unit.  Overall the talent isn't that much different and they save a bunch of long term money.

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2013, 12:49:36 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

LAC - Gay, Augustin
MEM - Granger

The Pacers played very well without Granger and have one of the worst benches in basketball. Caron Butler fits in well with that starting unit (though while a downgrade isn't exactly a scrub), Odom provides much needed leadership and depth to the bench, and Bledsoe provides a spark for the second unit.  Overall the talent isn't that much different and they save a bunch of long term money.

I wouldn't make that trade if I was the Pacers.

Playing well with out Granger, let's see how much better the team can get with Granger instead of the poo poo plater of bench players.