Author Topic: The Clippers should . . .  (Read 10140 times)

The Clippers should . . .
« on: January 21, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
trade Chris Paul for Steph Curry.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130121/LACGSW/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpgt[0021200610]

I mean, look at this box score.  He just got completely outplayed by Curry in a loss to the Warriors.  He's a lazy bum who doesn't bring it every night on either end of the floor. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Re: The Clippers should . . .
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Clippers should trade Eric Bledsoe while his stock is so high.

Get a legit 2 or better 3

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 09:59:08 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
My first thought when I read the title, "give us Griffin!"

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 10:00:53 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
My first thought when I read the title, "give us Griffin!"

That too. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 10:07:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

http://www.nba.com/games/20130121/LACGSW/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpgt[0021200610]

I mean, look at this box score.  He just got completely outplayed by Curry in a loss to the Warriors.  He's a lazy bum who doesn't bring it every night on either end of the floor.

Bad game for Paul for sure, but I think Steph Curry has a pretty firm grip on 'second best pg' this season, and he got the better of Paul tonight.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Bad game for Paul for sure, but I think Steph Curry has a pretty firm grip on 'second best pg' this season, and he got the better of Paul tonight.

I wouldn't say that Curry has a firm grip on the title of second best pg.  I'd be more apt to say that he might be in the discussion, but that Rondo, Westbrook, Parker, Holiday, and Irving all have something to say about that. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 10:17:06 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

So he's getting close to a "Kyle Lowry" level point guard?

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 10:21:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

So he's getting close to a "Kyle Lowry" level point guard?

Haha. Points awarded.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 10:23:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I wouldn't say that Curry has a firm grip on the title of second best pg.  I'd be more apt to say that he might be in the discussion, but that Rondo, Westbrook, Parker, Holiday, and Irving all have something to say about that.

The way Curry is playing right now, I don't think any of those guys are on his level. Curry might (actually, almost certainly will) drop off, but until he does, I think it goes Paul, Curry.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 10:38:30 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

The way Curry is playing right now, I don't think any of those guys are on his level. Curry might (actually, almost certainly will) drop off, but until he does, I think it goes Paul, Curry.

If Curry's play will almost certainly drop off he doesn't have a firm grip on second best point guard, he (arguably) has a slippery, temporary grip on the mantle.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 10:49:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

If Curry's play will almost certainly drop off he doesn't have a firm grip on second best point guard, he (arguably) has a slippery, temporary grip on the mantle.

Okay, I'll amend your amendment to say, "Right now Curry is playing like the second best point guard in basketball, but there is a very good chance he'll cool out eventually."

The point I guess is that Paul getting dogged by Curry isn't so bad with the way Curry is playing.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 11:02:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

They should try to trade for Granger or Pierce (if DA is in full blow-up mode, could make sense if he trades Rondo somewhere else).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 11:09:56 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Clips plus PP equals championship material if they can get him for odom and stuff
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 11:11:01 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642

They should try to trade for Granger or Pierce (if DA is in full blow-up mode, could make sense if he trades Rondo somewhere else).

I like Bledsoe as a change-of-pace guy who can come in and go all-out for 20 minutes.  I don't like him as a starter at all. 

Not interested.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 11:13:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

That'd be ideal, but I'm skeptical that the Pacers use Granger on Bledsoe. They need someone better than Psycho T up front, especially with West being a UFA this summer.