Author Topic: The Clippers should . . .  (Read 10144 times)

Re: The Clippers should . . .
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 01:34:10 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Bledsoe and Odom package for either Milsap or Big Al has to go down. Jazz need a young pg and also need to move one of those guys.

I declare this trade must 100% almost certainly happen!!!:

Hornets Trade: Eric Gordon
Get: Al Jefferson

Jazz Trade: Al Jefferson
Jazz Get: Eric Bledsoe, Lamar Odom, Rony Turiaf, Trey Thompkins, 2014 Clippers 1st

Clippers Trade: Eric Bledsoe, Lamar Odom, Rony Turiaf, Trey Thompkins, 2014 Clippers 1st
Clippers Get: Eric Gordon

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 01:46:15 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Bledsoe and Odom package for either Milsap or Big Al has to go down. Jazz need a young pg and also need to move one of those guys.

Jazz Get: Eric Bledsoe, Lamar Odom, Rony Turiaf, Trey Thompkins, 2014 Clippers 1st

Clippers Trade: Eric Bledsoe, Lamar Odom, Rony Turiaf, Trey Thompkins, 2014 Clippers 1st

pretty good -- gotta say. that's one sweet haul the Jazz are getting for Big Al...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 02:07:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I don't know how much sense Danny Granger makes for the Clippers.
  • Granger is 29 years old and probably only has a few years left at a high level.
  • Granger needs 14-17 shots a night on a team that doesn't have that many to give.
  • Granger is a fairly average defender/rebounder and limited passer. So outside of his prolific scoring, he doesn't bring a lot to the table.
  • Plus, he is on $13-14 million a year so it'll be difficult to pay Granger + Griffin + CP3 + D.Jordan + a supporting cast.
I think I'd want something more if I am giving up Bledsoe. Either someone younger or someone who fits in better and can contribute in more ways than just scoring.

I look at it the other way.

The Pacers need more then a backup PG for Granger.
If you start looking at dollars though, then Odom and still 1 other player have to go to Indiana just to make the dollars work.  The trade starts to look better at that point for Indiana.

How about this three team trade?

LAC - Gay, Augustin
MEM - Granger
IND - Bledsoe, Butler, Odom

And yes I know Memphis just made a trade to get under the tax, but Granger is a pretty nice fit there and saves them some additional money, especially long term.
hey now, isn't the requirement that any 3-team deal proposed here has to include the C's and with them getting (or giving up) the best player in the deal?  ;)

Indiana is getting royally screwed here.

Another case of Celtics fans overvaluing other role players (bledsoe) while they think its absurd that AB can even get a starting caliber player back
The Pacers played very well without Granger and have one of the worst benches in basketball. Caron Butler fits in well with that starting unit (though while a downgrade isn't exactly a scrub), Odom provides much needed leadership and depth to the bench, and Bledsoe provides a spark for the second unit.  Overall the talent isn't that much different and they save a bunch of long term money.

I wouldn't make that trade if I was the Pacers.

Playing well with out Granger, let's see how much better the team can get with Granger instead of the poo poo plater of bench players.
Caron Butler is starting for the 2nd best team in basketball.  Odom and Bledsoe are playing quality rotation minutes for that same team.  They aren't what I would call a poo poo platter of bench players.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 11:12:13 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
No way GS would trade Curry for Paul. Plus Paul is breaking down again
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 11:51:51 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Why would they trade Odom or Turiaf? They don't even need Gordon.

Don't break up a winning team, a la Perkins..
That will screw their championship hopes all over.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 12:25:05 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Pretty cool trade for Utah and the LA Clippers.

It's a very bad deal for New Orleans though. Al Jefferson is an okayish (just about) fit there but why go in that direction with a defense-less center so early in rebuilding?

Why give up a stud two guard like Eric Gordon to get him? Someone who can give you 20-25 points a point plus 4-5 assists with dribble penetration, lethal outside shooting and playmaking (plus draws fouls and gets FTs at a good clip) to go along with solid defensive ability? For a flawed big man like Al Jefferson?

Nah. No deal.