Author Topic: Knicks (25-14) at Celtics (20-21) 1/24  (Read 47380 times)

Re: Knicks (25-14) at Celtics (20-21) 1/24
« Reply #375 on: January 24, 2013, 11:06:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Pierce looks completely gassed and useless right now.  These last 5-10 games he has been more of a detriment to the team than benefit.  Those two fumbles at the end are inexcusable.  Totally lackadaisical.
Pierce is doing my head in at the minute. He has been sinking this team almost single-handily over this recent losing streak.

« Reply #376 on: January 24, 2013, 11:09:22 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Pierce looks completely gassed and useless right now.  These last 5-10 games he has been more of a detriment to the team than benefit.  Those two fumbles at the end are inexcusable.  Totally lackadaisical.
Pierce is doing my head in at the minute. He has been sinking this team almost single-handily over this recent losing streak.

It's a blessing he didn't make the All-Star Game. He needs some time off.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #377 on: January 24, 2013, 11:11:26 PM »

Offline popcontest

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 34
Trade everyone for future draft picks, none of these guys deserve to play in the TD anymore.

Seriously?

Shut up.  You make us all look stupid.  Please never discuss sports again.

TP

« Reply #378 on: January 24, 2013, 11:12:42 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Trade everyone for future draft picks, none of these guys deserve to play in the TD anymore.

Seriously?

Clearly, I must be leaps and bounds less intelligent than the people that think this is a championship caliber team. I love the effort that the young guys are expending, they deserve better than what the veterans are showing them.

« Reply #379 on: January 24, 2013, 11:15:24 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense

Seriously?

Clearly, I must be leaps and bounds less intelligent than the people that think this is a championship caliber team. I love the effort that the young guys are expending, they deserve better than what the veterans are showing them.

And how did you feel during the six game winning streak? I am frustrated too, but trading "everyone" is just asinine. If you cannot see the talent amid the lack of chemistry, then you are deluded.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #380 on: January 24, 2013, 11:17:47 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16

Seriously?

And how did you feel during the six game winning streak? I am frustrated too, but trading "everyone" is just asinine. If you cannot see the talent amid the lack of chemistry, then you are deluded.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pumped during the streak. And I'll apologize for my moment of frustration, but the hype that this team and the media generated for this team is ridiculous.

« Reply #381 on: January 24, 2013, 11:24:22 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Although im disappointed that we lost, I loved the effort they put out there. Its just so unfortunate that we cant hit shots, especially down the stretch.

I think they did a giod job defending (held the Knicks to 89 points, 38% shooting), and if they continue this kind of defensive play, aling with our shots starting to fall, we'll get back on track.

We still need some minor tweaks in the offense I guess, but I am happybwith the way the defended tonight and hope it continues on. It just disappointing that we fell a litlle short.

But its a start.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #382 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Rondo needs help that is the bottom line. He can't do everything. This team is real frustrating to watch right now Paul and Terry look cooked, just a disaster. You can say the same for KG he is spent you hope he takes it easy around the AS break and that something is still left in his tank like last year. Green and Lee need to give us more offensively, they are ok defensively but atrocious on that other end. I mean we are probably 1 of the worse offenses in the league or near it that is how awful we look.

If you blow this up it wouldn't even bother me at this point...but I'd be ok with a small trade for a big. Let them ride it out since the east sucks anyway see what they can do and then next year -KABOOM-
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #383 on: January 25, 2013, 02:01:18 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Though I should be used to it by now, I honestly couldn't believe Felger tonight, dissing Rondo for having a triple-double, intimating that he was somehow being selfish by doing so, and that he only cares about his own numbers.

Huh?!? Tell me, Felgy, what color is the sky in your world?

It never ceases to amaze me what an anti-Celtic, moronic know-it-all this guy is. Does anyone actually tune in to Comcast every afternoon to listen to him and Mazz out-spew each other for four hours?!?

I wonder what genius came up with that boast-fest from the two worst sports broadcasters in Boston, and what kind of job they'll be looking for next fall?
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #384 on: January 25, 2013, 01:47:37 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Though I should be used to it by now, I honestly couldn't believe Felger tonight, dissing Rondo for having a triple-double, intimating that he was somehow being selfish by doing so, and that he only cares about his own numbers.

Huh?!? Tell me, Felgy, what color is the sky in your world?

It never ceases to amaze me what an anti-Celtic, moronic know-it-all this guy is. Does anyone actually tune in to Comcast every afternoon to listen to him and Mazz out-spew each other for four hours?!?

I wonder what genius came up with that boast-fest from the two worst sports broadcasters in Boston, and what kind of job they'll be looking for next fall?

To be fair, I stopped reading Micheal Felger in the Rick Pitino era. I saw Rondo's game and frankly he made mistakes at critical times last night and some of his actions indicate that he is losing confidnence and trust in his teammates and I think he needs to be traded out of here.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #385 on: January 25, 2013, 10:18:49 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Although im disappointed that we lost, I loved the effort they put out there. Its just so unfortunate that we cant hit shots, especially down the stretch.

I think they did a giod job defending (held the Knicks to 89 points, 38% shooting), and if they continue this kind of defensive play, aling with our shots starting to fall, we'll get back on track.

We still need some minor tweaks in the offense I guess, but I am happybwith the way the defended tonight and hope it continues on. It just disappointing that we fell a litlle short.

But its a start.

we have 22 losses made with effort :D