Author Topic: Trade Idea Boston/Denver/Milwaukee (idea)  (Read 2134 times)

Trade Idea Boston/Denver/Milwaukee (idea)
« on: January 21, 2013, 04:39:24 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=atnm57j

Celtics get Dalembert and Wilson Chandler

Nuggets get Bass and Lee

Bucks get Terry and Mozgov

Why

Denver, They have Galinari and Brewer at SF and Iquidala at SG. Lee is a better fit with those 3. The biggest gripe I can find from the Nuggets fans is their team lacks outside shooting Lee gives them this. Bass becomes Faried's backup and provides more floor spacing for the nuggets. (BIGGEST ISSUE here is if they are willing to take on more $$ with Iggy and Brewer up for contracts.

Bucks, They are currently in the playoff race. They move a DNP in Dalembert for a perfect 3rd guard in there fast paced system. Mozgov is a nice off the bench big in his last year. (BIGGEST ISSUE do they want to pay Terry two more years?)

Celtics, Chandler becomes 6th man and pairs with Green to form a big bench wing combo. His rebound at the SG position helps the rebounding deficiency. Sully moves to starting PF and Dalembert becomes first big off the bench.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Trade Idea Boston/Denver/Milwaukee (idea)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 04:56:04 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I don't hate this trade, do i like it.....idk but its not bad for all 3 teams, so TP for that.....eh id really think hard bout pullin the trigger on that one..so maybe

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I don't want to give up Lee!!

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 05:04:12 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Also, Chandler and Green seem like clones.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 05:12:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I don't mind the trade from Boston's standpoint, but it really is a salary dumping type move.  I'm ok with that, but that trade isn't going to do much more than that, especially with Chandler being injured.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 08:16:10 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Chandler and green are simulate but one is a 2/3 the other a 3/4 makin them a good pairing of the bench.

Chandler has been back from injury for a few games
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 08:26:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Also, Chandler and Green seem like clones.

Not really. As someone else said, Chandler is a 2/3, Green is a 3/4. They are similar in that neither is a viable starter for a contender, and both are theoretically suited well to play and defend multiple positions off the bench.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 08:29:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I like this deal. Dalembert and Chandler would both help, and losing Bass and Lee is reasonable. Lee is playing very well lately, but if Bradley stays healthy we don't really need Lee, and Bass sucks.

Dalembert gives us a cheap solid vet center who can defend and rebound, and Chandler is a good wing who can give us scoring off the bench. His value has dropped since his injury but he's a very good player.

TP for a good trade offer.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 08:34:06 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=atnm57j

Celtics get Dalembert and Wilson Chandler

Nuggets get Bass and Lee

Bucks get Terry and Mozgov

Why

Denver, They have Galinari and Brewer at SF and Iquidala at SG. Lee is a better fit with those 3. The biggest gripe I can find from the Nuggets fans is their team lacks outside shooting Lee gives them this. Bass becomes Faried's backup and provides more floor spacing for the nuggets. (BIGGEST ISSUE here is if they are willing to take on more $$ with Iggy and Brewer up for contracts.

Bucks, They are currently in the playoff race. They move a DNP in Dalembert for a perfect 3rd guard in there fast paced system. Mozgov is a nice off the bench big in his last year. (BIGGEST ISSUE do they want to pay Terry two more years?)

Celtics, Chandler becomes 6th man and pairs with Green to form a big bench wing combo. His rebound at the SG position helps the rebounding deficiency. Sully moves to starting PF and Dalembert becomes first big off the bench.

Dalembert is a lot better than  many people here give him credit for, for our needs:rebounding and rim protection.
I like the trade for us, but don't think Denver does it for the reasons you suggest. (tying up $$$)

+1 for the idea

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Denver's not going to make a deal to keep their depth, they're going to want a clear rotational upgrade.