Author Topic: It is time. (Wicklow's way to turn around the C's)  (Read 8143 times)

Re: It is time. (Wicklow's way to turn around the C's)
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 02:32:16 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
For Me move Bass for something that can net us a big rebounder and 3 point shooter. Hopefully we could do something like this.

Bass Lee Collins 2nd round pick

For

Gortat and Dudley

We get a good defender/3 point shooter back and Gortat someone who protects the rim rebounds and good with Rondo on pick and roll and not have to be pick and pop every play.

Rondo/Terry/AB
Bradley/Terry
Pierce/Green/Dudley
KG/Sully/Green
Gortat/Sully/Melo?

This allows our second unit to go small and run while our first unit is a well balanced half court/running team.
I think that is the type of package we will send out but I doubt we are able to get that much for those players.

True maybe throw in next years 1st round pick?

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 02:33:53 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
For Me move Bass for something that can net us a big rebounder and 3 point shooter. Hopefully we could do something like this.

Bass Lee Collins 2nd round pick

For

Gortat and Dudley

We get a good defender/3 point shooter back and Gortat someone who protects the rim rebounds and good with Rondo on pick and roll and not have to be pick and pop every play.

Rondo/Terry/AB
Bradley/Terry
Pierce/Green/Dudley
KG/Sully/Green
Gortat/Sully/Melo?

This allows our second unit to go small and run while our first unit is a well balanced half court/running team.
I think that is the type of package we will send out but I doubt we are able to get that much for those players.

I would include Terry instead of Lee.  Don't know if it sways Phoenix one way or the other, but I'd rather have the younger Lee than the older Terry on our team.

Plus, Lee has shown more confidence and effort of late, while Terry is still doing what exactly.  He seems like he came here to retire.

All in all though, I don't think this trade improves our team much.  It's going to have many of the same issues. 

I honestly think the team's main issue now is LEADERSHIP.  Doc alluded to it in his interview.

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 02:36:49 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
You are overrating Rondo's value.

Very well could be.  But, if traded now, I think Ainge is still selling high.  Many teams would be ecstatic to add Rondo, either to win or boost excitement and credibility.

If done right, I think Ainge could fleece a team for a bit more than Rondo's actually worth.

I DO NOT recommend trading him for less than he's worth.  We aren't at the point of trading him just for the sake of trading him.

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 02:38:06 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
Yes lack of leadership may be the problem. I also think getting to the rim is a big problem, and its not freeing up our shooters. If Rondo could have someone roll with him more often then not than I think that helps a ton. Gortat has great hands and rolls to the rim with the best of em. KG mostly pop's out along with Bass. I think this is causing everyone to sit outside while Rondo is the only one going to the hole. Gortat free's that up and makes AB's man slide down and he is in the corner. IDK i just think that is the best way for our team to improve helps on both ends of the court.

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 02:42:04 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
+1 TP...you nailed it..I don't want to rebuild but everything you said makes complete sense and the players the only bring it when the want too are the root of our problems.

The only challenge I have is Rondo, while regular season RONDO is infuriating, playoff Rondo is a beast...it is just so tough when you have to watch 82 games of Rondo, not knowing what to expect...When you average out the entire year Rondo is a top 50 player..in the playoffs he plays like a top 5 player in the NBA
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 02:45:52 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
One thing I consistently see on this board is people overrating the worth of a non max player playing out his final year.  How much is 1/4 a season of Gortat worth?  Not as much as people on this board seem to think.  He doesn't have a huge salary so it isn't like you just let him walk and get a big salary relief.  The Suns aren't going anywhere.

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 02:50:55 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
One thing I consistently see on this board is people overrating the worth of a non max player playing out his final year.  How much is 1/4 a season of Gortat worth?  Not as much as people on this board seem to think.  He doesn't have a huge salary so it isn't like you just let him walk and get a big salary relief.  The Suns aren't going anywhere.

But gortat helps this team right now. He is another shot blocker unlike bass. He rolls to the rim unlike Bass and KG. He rebounds at a better clip than Bass. He helps this team for this season without a doubt. I am not saying he is the best center but could be our best choice and help this team a lot.

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 02:52:27 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I DO NOT BLAME DOC FOR THIS YEAR'S STRUGGLES.

There is one thing you absolutely have to blame Doc for.  He has done an unbelievably bad job of incorporating Terry into the offense while simultaneously relying on Terry too much despite his poor play.  There are other points you can argue about and it doesn't excuse Terry's performance, but Doc's handling of him is one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen.

Mike

I go back and forth about Terry. One thing I've noticed from time to time is that the Celts run a play but it seems like Terry doesn't know the set and messes it up. I have definitely seen Rondo, KG and Pierce trying to point him to a spot in the middle of a play, and then seem frustrated.

It's hard to pick up on this on TV, but I saw one game in person and it was really apparent to me.

It's confusing, because Terry is a vet and I don't view the Celtics' offense as all that complicated.

Anyone else noticed this too?

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
It's confusing, because Terry is a vet and I don't view the Celtics' offense as all that complicated.

Terry is a vet who is used to 2 NBA plays on which he thrived.

1) Pick-and-roll with Dirk.

2) Iso with the ball in his hands, usually at the corner of the arc.

Neither of those plays are really in the Celtics system.

I expected some "Terry plays" to be added, but none have.  He basically runs Allen's old baseline double-screen plays.

But even without the comfort of his old plays, I thought he'd be a better vet on this team.  He has been disappointing.

I like it when Terry drives and takes the pull-up or floater.  I think that sets him up nicely to launch his threes.

But, he's been disappointing, and I'd rather keep the younger Lee (who plays better defense and attacks the basket more often) on the team and trade Terry, if applicable.

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 03:02:39 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Agree with all but pierce.  Green is done.  Can't stand his up and down anymore

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 03:08:01 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Besides KG Sully & AB, everyone else can go. We better do something.

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 03:11:48 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
Besides KG Sully & AB, everyone else can go. We better do something.

I'm sorry but would be stupid to trade pierce or Rondo right now. I would be willing to move AB if it meant getting someone like Josh Smith in return. Clee could start in a lineup of

Rondo
Lee
Pierce
Smith
KG

Would be a very good defensive team. I just think trading Pierce or Rondo would be dumb. Rondo ONLY if he brings back a lot but would be doubtful.

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

This is not Gortat's final year, his 7.5 mill contract expires after next season.

My only issue with Gortat is what it would take to get him. They are not taking a package centered around bass nor should they. Go take a peak on the suns forum and they all seem to think our offers are trash and that's WITH Bradley/Sully included in the deal.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 03:52:38 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
TP to the OP, great post.

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 03:54:38 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
This is also interesting and actually possible depending on where Sac is with regards to Cousins. A little concerned about Green starting at SF but that is a monster front line. That's just beating up on people... Good suggestions.

Trade 1: Pierce to Memphis, Gay to Utah, Jefferson, and Pondexter to Boston
Trade 2: Rondo and Bass to Sacramento, Cousins, Evans, Garcia and first to Boston

C's:
Evans / Terry / Barbosa
Bradley / Lee / Evans / Terry
Green / Garcia / Pondexter / Lee
Garnett / Jefferson / Sullinger / Wilcox
Cousins / Garnett/ Jefferson / Wilcox

Very good backcourt with Evans, Bradley, Lee, Terry and Barbosa
The greatest frontcourt with Garnett, Cousins, Jefferson, Sullinger and Wilcox- in all time we would have 2 BIGs and 2 GREAT REBOUNDERS on parket
The weakest area is SF with Green, Garcia, Pondexter and Lee