Author Topic: Boston/Detroit trade idea  (Read 4406 times)

Re: Boston/Detroit trade idea
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 11:37:55 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
There is no way Detriot is giving up Drummond

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 11:45:04 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
There is no way Detriot is giving up Drummond

seconded

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I'm not even positive if I would do the trade and I came up with it. Funny thing is about this trade, it's the all too common celtics debate now. Just how valuable IS Rondo? As you can see some people think I'm overvaluing him while some think I'm undervaluing him. I guess it all depends on your opinion of Rondo and said prospects.

I just don't really see the incentive for Detroit. I mean unless they just want to get into the playoffs otherwise they might as well be patient unless they are getting an absolute no brainer deal (which I don't think this is). This move wouldn't put them in title contention (or even really get them close) so there's no real need to make a move unless for some reason they are unhappy with him or if he was getting all demarcus cousins on them

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 12:33:31 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I'm not even positive if I would do the trade and I came up with it. Funny thing is about this trade, it's the all too common celtics debate now. Just how valuable IS Rondo? As you can see some people think I'm overvaluing him while some think I'm undervaluing him. I guess it all depends on your opinion of Rondo and said prospects.

I just don't really see the incentive for Detroit. I mean unless they just want to get into the playoffs otherwise they might as well be patient unless they are getting an absolute no brainer deal (which I don't think this is). This move wouldn't put them in title contention (or even really get them close) so there's no real need to make a move unless for some reason they are unhappy with him or if he was getting all demarcus cousins on them

That's a fair point. I think the reason Detroit would do it is to move two guys who show that scary "potential" word for a sure thing all star. Maybe Drummond becomes the next Dwight Howard or maybe this is a flash in the pan. Maybe they turn into great players or maybe they don't but it is a risk either way.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.