Author Topic: Celtics/Lakers are perfect trade partners  (Read 9763 times)

Re: Celtics/Lakers are perfect trade partners
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 02:58:58 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I got a better idea  :

Green, Bass , Melo and a 1st rd pick for Dwight and Jamison?

The current lineups for both teams clearly don't mesh well .. Dwight will most probably not resign with the Lakers so might as well trade him.. Green would flourish in an uptempo team especially with Nash, while Melo has tons of potential that will only be wasted by Doc..

I am 100% sure that this trade is one I would include a kidney in if it would make it go through. I am also 100% sure the Rodney King riots would seem like an innocent kerfuffle next to the response that you'd see from Laker fans. Dogs and cats, living together, MASS HYSTERIA!!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I got a better idea  :

Green, Bass , Melo and a 1st rd pick for Dwight and Jamison?

The current lineups for both teams clearly don't mesh well .. Dwight will most probably not resign with the Lakers so might as well trade him.. Green would flourish in an uptempo team especially with Nash, while Melo has tons of potential that will only be wasted by Doc..

Yeah, there's no way the Lakers agree to this.

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 09:19:13 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
horrible trade.  At this stage of their careers, Rondo alone is worth more than Nash and Gasol together.   also, getting those 2 will make our currently-poor D look even worse.   we lose depth too.

This trade gets the Lakers back into the playoffs and could knock the C's out of the playoffs.

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 09:36:18 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
This would be a fun trade if you didn't have to worry about any repercussions.

It would be the definition of rolling the dice and if it didn't work out danny would be fired on the spot for making such a hostile risky trade.

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 09:40:09 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'd still offer the Green, Bass, and Terry/Lee for Gasol and Ebanks trade idea that has been around for the whole season.  Maybe L.A. would be more inclined to do it at this point given their struggles and Gasol's bum knee.

Boston would free up a lot of money more quickly and gets the legit PF/C to pair with KG that it desperately needs.   

PG - Rondo, Barbosa
SG - Bradley, Terry/Lee
SF - Pierce, Ebanks
Bigs - Gasol, Garnett, Sullinger, Wilcox, Collins

Boston could probably use a better back-up SF than Ebanks, but I'd rather be looking for one of those than a legit big man, and by bringing in Gasol, Boston will actually have a lot more financial flexibility a summer earlier (which will be huge in trying to turn the team around).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 09:57:14 AM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Why the hell would the Celtics make that trade? Those guys are over the hill, ancient is a better word.

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 11:39:12 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
No no no no no no no no no, I'm not trading young players to help this team "contend" for a title. They just don't have it in them.

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 02:47:12 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Another idea is dealing Pierce and KG for Dwight and Artest

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 03:39:37 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Another idea is dealing Pierce and KG for Dwight and Artest

Lakers don't make that trade I don't think. Howard is a franchise player and trading him for fading HoF players isn't a very smart move.

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 09:59:13 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 10:12:44 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Coach Mike D'Antoni announced Monday night that Pau Gasol, a former All-Star and two-time NBA champion with the Lakers, has been benched, effective immediately, for forward Earl Clark.

The move is considered permanent.

This is not good for anyone. Gasol has bristled at coming off the bench the entire season, even after returning from a concussion, and is unlikely to take this well. Gasol, in the select games he has been healthy enough to play this season, has been inconsistent and lacked focus. Well, more than the rest of the Lakers, I mean.

D'Antoni said his desire is to play small, where he feels the Lakers "play better." Clark has been impressive in his granted minutes.

But this is going to create even more tension, and you have to believe this accelerates the possibility of a Gasol trade. The drama in L.A. continues. The Lakers play the Bulls in Chicago Monday night.

He also said that Gasol and Howard don't play well together on either end of the floor. That said, a Boston-LA deal does make sense.

Boston-
Gasol

LA-
Bass (gives them good spacing and he played with Howard in Orlando)
Terry (gives them scoring off the bench)
Green (would probably thrive in D'Antoni's uptempo system and could see a good amount of minutes at the 4, with Howard protecting him defensively)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

So Boston gives up depth, which they have a lot of, for their big man need. LA gives up an expendable player, who will probably be relegated to sub 20 mpg, for the depth they sorely lack and players that look to fit well in D'Antoni's system.

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 10:43:12 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
i doubt the fakers want guys with big contracts in 2014-15, think they'll push for pierce in any deal and would want sully. 2014-15 kobe contract is up and la queen is a free agent, look for lakers not to use up cap space in that year, unless it's for a star like howard. I doubt the fakers will therefore touch green or bass contract, they might be open to taking one of terry or lee, i can't see them taking multiples of green, bass, lee or terry. If they do i wouldn't be upset, i just doubt it

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 10:57:52 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
i doubt the fakers want guys with big contracts in 2014-15, think they'll push for pierce in any deal and would want sully. 2014-15 kobe contract is up and la queen is a free agent, look for lakers not to use up cap space in that year, unless it's for a star like howard. I doubt the fakers will therefore touch green or bass contract, they might be open to taking one of terry or lee, i can't see them taking multiples of green, bass, lee or terry. If they do i wouldn't be upset, i just doubt it

That could be a factor, but remember that LA is in "win now" mode. Saving cap space for 2014 doesn't seem feasible unless they think wasting the last couple of years of Kobe's career is worth the opportunity, and only an opportunity when you consider how many teams have used the same approach and stuck out during free agency, of signing a star player or two.

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 11:59:48 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Agree and I'd probably rather keep Lee than Terry but I'm almost sure the Lakers want to get younger on the wing. I would laugh pretty hard if I saw a Laker playing with the Celtic's logo on his arm...holding an NBA Champ Trophy no less. That might be worth the trade by itself!

For the record I'm 100% in the get Gasol boat. I'd even move to get Stoudemire if they threw in Shumpert.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a77762c
or
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bal58m6

I'd do either of those. This is all under the heading of competing now and getting better now. Not sure NYK would want to make their divisional rival stronger but getting out of Stoudemire's contract is a HUGE incentive.

Yeah I'm not sure how much they can dictate when they are limiting Gasol's role and the offers for him have virtually fallen off a cliff. I don't think they'd want 3-4 year contracts up I'm also not sure they can get expirings and young talent for Gasol. I might be wrong. I remember the offers for him being pretty strong last year around this time and in the off season. If Gasol's value is low we should buy low. He's got 3 more good NBA years in my opinion.