Author Topic: Blow it up or reinforce?  (Read 9269 times)

Re: Blow it up or reinforce?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 10:23:20 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
Can't trade KG,  PP is almost untouchable, the man to GO has to be  RONDO . for a SCORING BIG....like COusins

fine make it happen. we have seen enough garbage from this club. disgusting. players who do not show up night in and night out can hit the road also. lost to this crappy pistons team TWICE now. TWICE. no pride whatsoever. none. nada. zilch.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 10:24:15 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I would add now might be a good time for a Bradley for JJ Reddick trade. A Lee/Reddick/Rondo is a very nice guard rotation..

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 10:25:55 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think it's time to blow it up.

This team just doesn't have it anymore

Just look at the regular season records.

In 2007-08 and 2008-09, those Celtics teams won OVER 60 games that year.

Also, they weren't losing to medicore teams like Detroit, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Sacarmento, etc.

Yeah, maybe it's the "flipping the switch" syndrome again this year. Regardless, if that's the case, I really dislike the idea of a team playing ONLY when it feels like.

I think now might need be the time to turn off the lights on the "big 3" era. The sooner we blow it up, the sooner we return to prominence. Right now, if we hope and pray this team competes for a championship, we are going to be sadly disappointed.

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 10:26:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I would add now might be a good time for a Bradley for JJ Reddick trade. A Lee/Reddick/Rondo is a very nice guard rotation..

That's a lateral move at best . . . .
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 10:26:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Danny will try to package some of the expendable assets and young trade chips for an upgrade.  He might be unsuccessful, but he absolutely will try.  Depends how much value a guy like Bradley or Sully really has in this league... each probably have about as much value as a late 1st rounder.  You really can't get a ton for a couple late 1st rounders and bad contracts. 

But just like you can't panic after blowing a few games, you can't overreact to a 6 game win streak.  It's a .500 team... this is what happens with a .500 team.  Still can't panic until after the trade deadline.

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 10:27:08 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Are you kidding me? That's a huge win for us!! Bradley can't even stay on the dang floor

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 10:29:05 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Rondo came from a huge triple double and a 30 point game in the last two. Pierce has been SUCKING big time in the last 5 games. You gotta be kidding me with these "trade rondo talks". Pierce needs to go, and fast. Trade for a big who can run the floor and keep up with Rondo's amazing talent.
See, your logic is bass-ackwards.  You don't trade guys that suck while they are sucking.  You're sellin low.  You trade guys while they're value is high.

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 10:30:18 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I actually like that move. For all the praise that Bradley has gotten over the last 6 months (and rightfully so), he gets injured way too much.

And did you see him tonight? Why was he even in the game? Do I think Bradley is talented and a good defender? Yes. However, would I cut bait with him while his stock was high? Yes. Will I regret it? Maybe, but it's a chance I am willing to take.

Not to mention, for all of Bradley's praise on defense, he's inconsistent, offensively. I think JJ will give us a boost we need off the bench. You have to give to get

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 10:31:56 PM »

Offline Juneauz

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
Rondo came from a huge triple double and a 30 point game in the last two. Pierce has been SUCKING big time in the last 5 games. You gotta be kidding me with these "trade rondo talks". Pierce needs to go, and fast. Trade for a big who can run the floor and keep up with Rondo's amazing talent.
See, your logic is bass-ackwards.  You don't trade guys that suck while they are sucking.  You're sellin low.  You trade guys while they're value is high.

My logic is: you have an amazing player, you keep it. Try to build something around him. Give away the old and expendable.

Not that bass-ackwards, really

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 10:34:54 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
My logic is: you have an amazing player, you keep it. Try to build something around him. Give away the old and expendable.

I think the question is: do we really have an amazing player?

Rondo is truly amazing at times.  He's come up big for this team when it matters.  But in terms of being the main man, carrying a team to 55+ wins, I'm not sure he's that guy. 

If you have a top scorer or two in place, it's hard to find a better #2 or #3 than Rondo.  But without one of those top guys, you might be disappointed more often than not depending on Rondo to shoulder the load.

I wouldn't trade Rondo lightly, but he's far from untouchable in my book.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 10:37:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
what so amazing about a guy that can't shoot a freethrow , turns the ballover, per TOMMY is stupidily hurting the team with lazy passes and dribbling the ball up the court like a 90 year old man. He is more moody than any old girlfriend I ever had... ;D  AWEFUL

Can't shoot very good, play aweful defense these days...

Rondo is a liability ...his lazy careless effort is embrassing. 

Dump him for a GOOD BIG

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 10:42:48 PM »

Offline Juneauz

• Payton Pritchard

I think the question is: do we really have an amazing player?

Rondo is truly amazing at times.  He's come up big for this team when it matters.  But in terms of being the main man, carrying a team to 55+ wins, I'm not sure he's that guy. 

If you have a top scorer or two in place, it's hard to find a better #2 or #3 than Rondo.  But without one of those top guys, you might be disappointed more often than not depending on Rondo to shoulder the load.

I wouldn't trade Rondo lightly, but he's far from untouchable in my book.

Agreed, we need a prolific scorer next to him, 'cause that was never rondo's role. But still he can dominate games in many other ways. If you want to be a contender you need a #2 like RR on you team!

What is Pierce doing? Nothing, nada, zero. Costing us game after game, possession after possession. I'm sorry, but he's not a go-to guy anymore. Look, I love the captain, but I can't stand people calling out Rondo every time he makes a tiny mistake and yet they're unable to criticize PP who's been playing AWFUL 5 games in a row.

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 10:43:06 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

You say pierce has been bad and you want to trad him.  That part is definitely bass-ackwards.  In terms of rondo, I have a prediction.  Not only is he overrated now, I think he won't have a very long peak due to the fact that nothing about his game cones easy.  If he is a starter on a good team when he is 30, I'd be surprised.  Frankly, I think his value is about as high as it will ever get right now. 

If we can trade rondo for something good, we need to do it.

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 10:48:05 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Beyond disappointed in terry and bass

And disappointed Danny didn't get a legit big that was worth a [dang]

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 10:48:56 PM »

Offline Juneauz

• Payton Pritchard
what so amazing about a guy that can't shoot a freethrow , turns the ballover, per TOMMY is stupidily hurting the team with lazy passes and dribbling the ball up the court like a 90 year old man. He is more moody than any old girlfriend I ever had... ;D  AWEFUL

Can't shoot very good, play aweful defense these days...

Rondo is a liability ...his lazy careless effort is embrassing. 

Dump him for a GOOD BIG

Won't even bother answering... you're living in a fantasy world