Author Topic: Blow it up or reinforce?  (Read 9273 times)

Blow it up or reinforce?
« on: January 20, 2013, 09:58:51 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
This team, as constituted is mediocre at best.  We stay the course and it's the late 80s all over again.  That is clear as day.

So, seems like we have been here for the last three years.  But this time it feels real.  We try to get some size and it will cost Avery or Sully (maybe both).  Depending on who it is, that may make us better this year.  Maybe. 

Unless some team gives us a star, this team doesn't really have a chance.  I am thinking we need to do whatever we can to trade pp or kg and maybe rondo.  Time to pay the piper and start rebuilding for the future.

Re: Blow it up or reinforce?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 10:05:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I want to see more of this team with Bradley in the lineup before deciding.

Peaks and valleys so far since Bradley's return. Too extreme. Play needs to even out some before we know what we have with this team.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 10:06:45 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
Will people be mad if Ainge pulled the plug on the season and made a trade that involved Pierce, KG, or Rondo?

The more this season goes the less it would bother me honestly. C's are a dark horse at best for a championship and I'm not sure there is a trade that can get them over the hump. Their first two scoring options are 35 and 36 with a ton of mileage.

The team will fight like dogs in the playoffs. Not sure it be enough to get further than the second round though.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 10:09:37 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
if we can get a legit big (Big Al, Gortat, Smith , Cousins , Nene) without giving up Bradley, we have an outside shot at competing , but other than that the PP and KG era is over .

PP or KG to LAC

try to get back Jordan and/or Bledsoe or similar trades with other contenders

PP and pick for Gay

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 10:09:49 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
believe it or not im starting to think we may be close to the blow it up stage... this team has no shot of winning a championship, so why delay?

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 10:10:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If the trades are there, blow it up.

Even after the nice 6 game stretch where they looked good, this team's ceiling isn't high enough to be worth keeping a "win-now" mentality.

I don't think there will be any good trades available, but if there are, Danny should absolutely blow it up.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 10:11:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Can't trade KG,  PP is almost untouchable, the man to GO has to be  RONDO . for a SCORING BIG....like COusins

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Celtics can win without ROndo , but can't win without Avery....a fact

Need a big   ...trade RONDO .

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 10:14:44 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
Celtics can win without ROndo , but can't win without Avery....a fact

Need a big   ...trade RONDO .

Rondo is overated

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 10:15:11 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
No one amazing is coming back for our pieces. We're committed heavy into KG and PP (probably a mistake but understandable).

Go all out for Oden and see if he can get healthy. Continue to develop Fab and get Sully more involved in the offense. With Rondo, Bradley and Lee you have a decent 3 guard rotation. We need a new SF for the future, a star. Green is not it. We need to head to the draft possibly..

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 10:16:12 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Get on the phone and back up the truck, Danny. Let's get some new blood in here. This team is the epitome of mediocre. 20-20 is exactly what they are.

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 10:17:52 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Blow it up. Celtics are no Hawks, being content with a tough 1st-2nd round out every year... they're all about championships. And this team's chances at a championship are ZERO!! Not close to zero... ZERO!!
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 10:18:22 PM »

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW
KG has a no trade clause contract, so you have to forget that thinking.  All the stories say he would retire before wanting to be traded.  Out of respect to KG, I think you have to be careful on what kind of blow-it-up strategy you take, because he committed to us.

I would, however like to see a big shake up trade. 

Good luck, DA!
"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 10:18:58 PM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Perfect time to trade everyone over 27 (incl. trading Jeff Green) for major young talent and picks. This is as good a time and opportunity to make big moves to rebuild QUICKLY.

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 10:22:24 PM »

Offline Juneauz

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
Rondo came from a huge triple double and a 30 point game in the last two. Pierce has been SUCKING big time in the last 5 games. You gotta be kidding me with these "trade rondo talks". Pierce needs to go, and fast. Trade for a big who can run the floor and keep up with Rondo's amazing talent.