Author Topic: Lou Williams out for the year, increase chance of trade with ATL for Smith?  (Read 11825 times)

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
could they use one of our guards and Bass?  more likely now?

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
losing Josh Smith would be much more of a blow to their playoff hopes than losing Lou Williams.

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Danny Ferry was talking about trading for an All-Star type player to go WITH Josh, but I think that was before Lou went down for the year.

I bet Danny now completely shifts to a win later plan and not the win now plan.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/19/3893510/nba-trade-rumors-2013-josh-smith-hawks

Smitty77

Online csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
losing Josh Smith would be much more of a blow to their playoff hopes than losing Lou Williams.

They are a team in disarray, not happy with JSmoove since they suspended him. This is hurting their playoff hopes as much, if not more as Lou Williams being out.

Consequently, I agree that losing Williams may give them some impetus to get a guard (Lee could start for them next to Teague)and if Smith isn't happy in Atlanta, and Atlanta isn't happy with him they will need a PF to replace him (Jeff Green) or two (Sullinger), and Green can also play the 3.

Not saying it's gonna happen, just saying that with Smith's situation and its obvious very negative effect on the team and with Wms out, I can easily see Ferry trying a 1 for 3 to fill his roster.

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I still sometimes chuckle to myself when I think about how Smith cost Atlanta playoff games, especially against us, with his boneheaded decisions. Kid is dumb.

With that said, if I woke up tomorrow morning and saw Smith was replacing Bass in our starting lineup I would cry tears of joy.

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

I agree but I'm just thinking they are less likely to be building around an unhappy Smith for this year (likely losing him at the end of the year anyways) now that Lou is out, more likely to look towards next year with some wholes filled, between maybe lee and bass/sully or lee and green

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I was at the game. Happened right in front of my section. You knew right away it was season ending.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Online csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237

I agree but I'm just thinking they are less likely to be building around an unhappy Smith for this year (likely losing him at the end of the year anyways) now that Lou is out, more likely to look towards next year with some wholes filled, between maybe lee and bass/sully or lee and green

Is there an echo in here? (see 4th post in this thread)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

TP, matteo for your similar thoughts and having to endure a little kidding. ;)

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I actually like this trade for both the Celts and Hawks

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aojqtfo

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411

they not trading Horford
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

That is a good trade and I'd do it in a second, however a lot of people on here are forever against giving Rondo up in a trade. but honestly, he's going to want MAX contract in  2 years and is he really worth that?

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
I dont think Hawks would trade Smith to us. They dont like us!

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Wow what a terrible blow for the hawks. Can't see them being in "win now mode" without Williams playing. I really want smith but I just don't think we match up with them. They're probably looking for expirings along with young cheap talent to build around. I don't think I wanna give up sully an Bradley however. Although Bradley might fit with Williams now out.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing (lol.)

I think Danny Ferry holds a grudge vs Boston, because after we dismantled the Cavs in that final year Lebron was there, Ferry lost his job.

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing (lol.)

I think Danny Ferry holds a grudge vs Boston, because after we dismantled the Cavs in that final year Lebron was there, Ferry lost his job.
Plus he told on Rondo!!!