Author Topic: Lou Williams out for the year, increase chance of trade with ATL for Smith?  (Read 11823 times)

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Getting a big time FA to play in Atlanta, well good luck there

I agree but i'm pretty sure thats atlanta's plan right now.
Personally speaking, I found Atlanta to be a pretty fun town when I went there so any FA's might be persuaded to go there.  Add in that they may still have Horford, Teague, Williams and possibly still have Smith, that's not a bad team to try and go for a title.  If Atlanta manages their cap well this offseason, I wouldn't say DH would be an impossible signing.

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
The way they're trending (2-8 their last 10 games), the Will probably be at .500 or less by the trade deadline.  All Smith has to do is make a lot of noise about not re-signing this summer or agreeing to any S and T and Ferry will have no choice than to trade him. 

I have a feeling that the fix is in with Smith and he and Rondo have conspired for Smith to force his way to Boston, either this year, or this summer in a S and T. 

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
The way they're trending (2-8 their last 10 games), the Will probably be at .500 or less by the trade deadline.  All Smith has to do is make a lot of noise about not re-signing this summer or agreeing to any S and T and Ferry will have no choice than to trade him. 

I have a feeling that the fix is in with Smith and he and Rondo have conspired for Smith to force his way to Boston, either this year, or this summer in a S and T.

As much as I would like Smith here (and I am only speaking for me here), I would feel pretty hypocritical if he forced his way here {a la Carmelo/DHoward and the conspiring (probably should be called collusion and tampering)of the Miami3}, and I embraced that idea.

I know that it's naive of me, but I was so against what Melo/Howard/Miami 3 did, that I'd feel dirty if I supported Smith forcing his way somewhere like those spoiled brats did. But again, that's being Polyanna-ish in the new-world order of the NBA.

And, people could make the argument that our "enemies" have benfitted from this course of action, why not us? And then we get into the Machiavellian argument as to whether the "ends justify the means."

I guess the answer is "sometimes".
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:35:52 PM by csfansince60s »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213

As much as I would like Smith here (and I am only speaking for me here), I would feel pretty hypocritical if he forced his way here {a la Carmelo/DHoward and the conspiring (probably should be called collusion and tampering)of the Miami3}, and I embraced that idea.

I know that it's naive of me, but I was so against what Melo/Howard/Miami 3 did, that I'd feel dirty if I supported Smith forcing his way somewhere like those spoiled brats did. But again, that's being Polyanna-ish in the new-world order of the NBA.

And, people could make the argument that our "enemies" have benfitted from this course of action, why not us? And then we get into the Machiavellian argument as to whether the "ends justify the means."

I guess the answer is "sometimes".

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Can't say I have much problem with players forcing traded to their desired destination.

As a player; if you have the leverage, you better use it.  The owners do.