Author Topic: Danny wants JJ Redick? (Rumor)  (Read 8647 times)

Re: Danny wants JJ Redick? (New rumor)
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 05:10:41 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
JJ is a good guy and all, but not quite the defensive big man we need, lol

Haha perfectly put

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 05:35:20 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
If this was a 6-8 and under league, we would win a NBA championship!!

wrong Miami would

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 05:47:11 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Another guard?  What for?

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 06:24:44 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Another guard?  What for?

Shooting? Since no one is doing it very well right about now. I'd be happy swapping guards with Orlando.

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I can see why DA is interested in Redick. For this alleged surplus of guards we have, not a single one is a consistent offensive threat.

Terry, Lee and Barbosa are hit or miss and Rondo/Bradley's game isn't predicated on offense (Rondo more on assists and play making and Avery on D.)

I think Ainge is looking for another Ray Allen/Eddie House type that can come off the bench and provide an instant offensive spark. Again, this is what Terry and Lee were suppose to do, but it doesn't always work that way.

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2013, 07:42:23 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Yawn. Jj redick is not changing this teams fortunes in anyway, shape, or form

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 08:41:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd love Redick here, but I agree with others that SG isn't exactly our biggest need right now.

I'd trade Terry for him in a heartbeat, and I'd probably move Lee for him, too.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2013, 09:14:34 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I guess he'd be an upgrade over some of our currents SGs, but we'd have to use one or two of them in a trade for Redick, or in some other trade, hopefully for a big.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2013, 09:18:47 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Is it me, or is there always multiple rumors of Danny "coveting"  some white dude all the time.... Welch, Reddick, Gortat, Birdman, Etc etc....
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2013, 11:39:24 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I can see why DA is interested in Redick. For this alleged surplus of guards we have, not a single one is a consistent offensive threat.

BINGO!!!!

I think Ainge is looking for another Ray Allen/Eddie House type that can come off the bench and provide an instant offensive spark. Again, this is what Terry and Lee were suppose to do, but it doesn't always work that way.

BINGO AGAIN!!!!

TP for you my friend.  This Celtics team every since the 'big three' era has always had at least one elite and consistent perimeter scorer who can hit three's at a deadly rate.

We also always had a second person who could be a go-to guy down the stretch.

For us in past years that guy was always Ray Allen.  Pierce was usually our go-to guy, but Ray was equally capapble of hitting the big shot, so we were always able to run plays for either guy.

Right now our second best scorer is KG, and as solid as he is offensively, he's just not the type of player who can consistently dominate opposing teams with his individual scoring.  He can at times, but not consistently. 

After Pierce and KG our third best scorer on this team is probably a two-way tie between Jason Terry and Jeff Green, and both of those guys are inconsistent.

Everybody goes on about our need for a big man, but I think we are more desperate for another consistent scorer.  Somebody who is a potential 15 PPG to 18 PPG guy who can be our second scoring option, and allow KG to return back to being our third option.

I just don't think he's comfortable being our second scoring option out there - he's always been unselfish and more of a pass-first player. He's a very talented scorer, but not necessarilly the guy you want carrying the scoring load.

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 12:17:54 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Reddick...used to really not care for him, but he's grown from a hustle player into a very solid veteran role player who still hustles, and tends to be consistent in consequence.  Someone that couple play on any team.

Not sure how much of an improvement he would be over any of our guys, assuming our dude worked as hard.

But before pulling the trigger on a SG/SF-type (which JJRed is soon do be due to age), we should assess the future of our D-League guy. 

And then I see no need for Reddick.

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 12:36:17 AM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
we need a back up point guard or a center not jj reddick. the back up will run the offense better than lee or terry allowing them to score, rondo gets rest
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 12:38:25 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
we need a back up point guard or a center not jj reddick. the back up will run the offense better than lee or terry allowing them to score, rondo gets rest
I wish we had Hinrich
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk