Author Topic: trade idea BOS / ATL / MIL bringing Smith to B-town  (Read 726 times)

trade idea BOS / ATL / MIL bringing Smith to B-town
« on: January 20, 2013, 02:14:40 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
As I would love to see Josh Smith in Celtic uniform I was trying out some trades. I'm not so sure what to think about the following trade as I don't want to lose Sullinger but I think that's the only reason MIL would think about it.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aftofj3

BOS sends: Green, Terry, Sullinger + 1st round pick to MIL
Bos gets: Smith

ATL sends: Smith
ATL gets: Jennings, Mbah a moute, Dalembert

MIL sends: Jennings, Mbah a moute, Dalembert
MIL gets: Green, Terry, Sullinger + 1st round pick

Why for Boston:
I would love to get Smith. Starting 5 of RR / AB / PP / JS / KG would be rocking. Bench would be a little worse, and giving up Sully is hard to do but has to be done to higher the tradevalue of the players we send. We could make another trade in sending a pick to get another role player for the bench

Why for ATL:
Smith will likely walk away, they have to trade him. They want some expiring contracts which they get with Jennings and Dalembert. They can use Jennings next to Teague to play SG. Mbah a moute would fit perfectly in the defense of the hawks.

Why for MIL:
Solve the Ellis/Jennings problem and they don't need to give Jennings the big contract. They can start Green as they need better players at SF/PF. They get some shooting with Terry who could fit into the playing style of the Bucks they shoot pretty much. Getting Sullinger could be their future PF or C. They don't have that much of talent there. The first rounder would be good for the future and could seal the deal.

Your opinion? Actually after writing this down I'm worried a little bit about our depth.