Author Topic: Paul Pierce cost us the game  (Read 6281 times)

Re: Paul Pierce cost us the game
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 03:59:21 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
He definitely deserves a lot of credit for the loss but considering how many games he's won for us in the past I don't think we can be too upset at him.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 04:50:26 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I know this topic is about Pierce but it sorta got switched to Rondo...so I'll make my point.  Anyone notice how Rondo has had his higher scoring games against Chicago?  Do you think that's by design from Thibs?  I'm thinking Thibs wants Rondo scoring the ball because it gives the Bulls a better chance to win if he's being a scorer. 

I wasn't able to watch the game last night so I don't know what was going on, pace, etc but it's just ironic he goes for big scoring numbers and we've lost 2 out of 3 to Chicago.
or maybe because Derrick Rose's absence?!

If he could drop 44 points on a defensive juggernut like Lebron and the Heat, I don't think it matters who's on the court.  Rondo would still be Rondo.  He's done it time and time again with great players across from him.  And from the way he was playing last night (he was totally in the zone), I doubt Rose would've been able to stop him.  He singlehandedly almost will us to victory.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 05:18:08 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I know this topic is about Pierce but it sorta got switched to Rondo...so I'll make my point.  Anyone notice how Rondo has had his higher scoring games against Chicago?  Do you think that's by design from Thibs?  I'm thinking Thibs wants Rondo scoring the ball because it gives the Bulls a better chance to win if he's being a scorer. 

I wasn't able to watch the game last night so I don't know what was going on, pace, etc but it's just ironic he goes for big scoring numbers and we've lost 2 out of 3 to Chicago.

The bulls were lucky to even get to overtime. If that was Thib's strategy it wasn't overly successful.

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 05:24:53 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Blame the ref for the call all you want (and believe me they are definately to blame) but Paul Pierce made a lot of terrible decisions down the stretch that kept putting us in reverse.  I overlooked his flaws last game saying it's just wasn't his night but he's had those nights back to back now, it's ridiculous.

I want to use this opportunity to give a shout out to my boy Rondo.  The most criticized player around here but like he always does, he showed up big tonight.  He played an amazing game.  I wish everybody else on the team would've caught on early in the game

How many times has he won us a game???? Say what you will but when teams win/lose it very rarely should fall onto a single player. It was a blatant foul by the bulls to put pierce at the line and you could see that as soon as noah and butler realised there wasnt going to be a whistle for mugging him they went for the tie up.

With pierces track record he was arguably one of the safest guys to give the ball to.

I hate how people immediately forget how many great things this guy has done for the celtics over the years. He could have easily asked to be traded in those years when we were struggling but he stuck around and Danny rewarded him by bringing in KG and Ray and we got a banner for it.

Peirce has given his heart and soul to the Celtics. Just saying think about what he has done before you start calling him out and blaming him for loses

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Blame the ref for the call all you want (and believe me they are definately to blame) but Paul Pierce made a lot of terrible decisions down the stretch that kept putting us in reverse.  I overlooked his flaws last game saying it's just wasn't his night but he's had those nights back to back now, it's ridiculous.

I want to use this opportunity to give a shout out to my boy Rondo.  The most criticized player around here but like he always does, he showed up big tonight.  He played an amazing game.  I wish everybody else on the team would've caught on early in the game

How many times has he won us a game???? Say what you will but when teams win/lose it very rarely should fall onto a single player. It was a blatant foul by the bulls to put pierce at the line and you could see that as soon as noah and butler realised there wasnt going to be a whistle for mugging him they went for the tie up.

With pierces track record he was arguably one of the safest guys to give the ball to.

I hate how people immediately forget how many great things this guy has done for the celtics over the years. He could have easily asked to be traded in those years when we were struggling but he stuck around and Danny rewarded him by bringing in KG and Ray and we got a banner for it.

Peirce has given his heart and soul to the Celtics. Just saying think about what he has done before you start calling him out and blaming him for loses

Calm down, dude.  If you read the thread, you will see that it wasn't that last call I was calling him out for.  And I'm aware of how great he's been for this organization and even with how badly he's been playing, I wouldn't trade the captain.  But to overlook how terribly he'been playing would be laughable because it's right in front of our eyes.  The guy has been downright terrible and has cost us more than enough games this season.  For someone that often get the right of passage here, he deserve be called out and critisized especially when his terrible decisions keeps costing us games

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 07:41:45 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
I dont understand why you are calling him out for the lose though. You could call out garnett as well, you could call you practically everyone on the team bar maybe Rondo. In a 1 point loss (that shouldnt have been a loss) you cant blame one person. If KG hit 2 of his missed free throws we win....... if barbosa didnt miss 2 easy lay ups we win.... Its a team sport, You win as a team and loose as a team.

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 07:44:34 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Never kg! But I'm stunned this isn't a rondo scored over 30 and that's why we lost thread

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 08:02:08 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Calm down, dude.  If you read the thread, you will see that it wasn't that last call I was calling him out for.  And I'm aware of how great he's been for this organization and even with how badly he's been playing, I wouldn't trade the captain.  But to overlook how terribly he'been playing would be laughable because it's right in front of our eyes.  The guy has been downright terrible and has cost us more than enough games this season.  For someone that often get the right of passage here, he deserve be called out and critisized especially when his terrible decisions keeps costing us games

The problem is that people like you who are taking the anti-Pierce stance keep focussing on all the bad plays, but keep ignoring all the big ones.

How many games this year have we WON becuase of Pierce?  After Pierce (19 PPG) and KG (15 PPG) our next leading scorer is Rondo at about 12 PPG.  If Pierce were to, for example, go down due to injury (knock on wood) those other two guys would be depended on to handle our scoring load. How many games do you think we would win?  I assure you we'd be a lottery calibre team during that stretch.

Pierce hasn't been as consistent DURING GAMES as he was in past seasons, but he's been just as consistent over the season.  What I mean by that is that rather than scoring evently throghout a game, he will struggle through one half but then but then explode in the other half. 

At the end of the day, he's still putting up good scoring numbers on a day by day basis though.  When we have needed a big basket in a close game, he's still be the man who's come up good for us more than anybody.  I've lost count of the number of games this year where I've been criticisimg him the whole day, only to watch him explode with some huge clutch baskets and essentially win us the game. 

It's been very rare this season that I've seen a game (any game) where Pierce hasn't come up big for us in one stretch or another.  He's the only pure scorer on our team and we rely on him to carry our offense, which he does.  At his age you just can't expect him to plsy at vintage Paul Pierce level for 48 minutes every night.  He still plays at a Vintage PP level, but it's probably only going to be for 24 minutes a night. 

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 09:11:19 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
With this thread's logic, I could blame 10 other guys for not hitting shots or playing stupid. Just because Pierce didn't make his shot doesn't mean he cost us the game. Did he take the game winning shot? NO. Did he let his man make the game-winner in overtime? NO. Then how can you just blame him for everything.

Seriously, y'all need to use some logic now.
One game Pierce does good. Many of you fans: "Oh my god, Pierce is god. He is the truth. He is the best. He is so underrated. He deserves more credit."

If another game Pierce doesn't do good. Many of you SAME fans: "Pierce sucks. He is absolutely horrible. Old, useless. Get him out of here. He cost us the game, he is garbage."

Make up your mind, and live by it. Stop switching sides like BANDWAGONS.

The whole Celtics fanbase takes a hit on its reputation because of you guys.

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 09:38:54 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
With this thread's logic, I could blame 10 other guys for not hitting shots or playing stupid. Just because Pierce didn't make his shot doesn't mean he cost us the game. Did he take the game winning shot? NO. Did he let his man make the game-winner in overtime? NO. Then how can you just blame him for everything.

Seriously, y'all need to use some logic now.
One game Pierce does good. Many of you fans: "Oh my god, Pierce is god. He is the truth. He is the best. He is so underrated. He deserves more credit."

If another game Pierce doesn't do good. Many of you SAME fans: "Pierce sucks. He is absolutely horrible. Old, useless. Get him out of here. He cost us the game, he is garbage."

Make up your mind, and live by it. Stop switching sides like BANDWAGONS.

The whole Celtics fanbase takes a hit on its reputation because of you guys.

welcome to Celtics Blog Forums. where a blow it up thread comes up after each loss and if Rondo has a sub par game people talk about packaging him to get a big.

But i actually agree with 100% with what you say, people flip flop all the time on this forum. Basketball is a long season and we all know as long as you make the 8 the real season doesnt start till the playoffs