Author Topic: Why can't we get JGreen more shots?  (Read 3620 times)

Re: Why can't we get JGreen more shots?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 05:05:11 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Green has trouble finding more shots when he is p---ing down his leg. It's tricky

lol hilarious.

The guy suck.  Plain and simple.  I don't really care how good he plays every now and then to show us flashes of a talent I doubt was even there to begin with.  The guy suck. 

When it comes to Jeff Green, I always think of one of my favorite movie quotes (A Bronx Tale)...when Robert De Niro said to his son "the saddest thing in life is a wasted talent"  That is Jeff Green.  That is exactly Jeff Green.  He sucks so badly.  I can't wait for Danny to trade him.

And I find it ridiculous that people are still calling for Doc to draw plays for him so that he gets more touches.

And I'm ashamed that the player under my username is Jeff Green.  Now I know I have to do something about my life, like giving daily efforts in areas I'm severely lacking
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:20:26 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 05:23:33 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
more shots?!?!?  no thanks, he sucks.

I don't think he sucks. He's frustrating this year for sure. All things considered its not too surprising to see the inconsistency. I think expectations were likely a little too high from the fans for Jeff this season. Still overall it is disappointing for sure.

I'm not picking on you specifically because I think you're echoing ideas other people have expressed, but this idea of viewing his performance this year as "inconsistent," or somehow "disappointing," just ignores every fact we knew about Green before the season started.

Throughout his entire career Green has actually been one of the most consistent players you can possibly imagine. I won't show the numbers here, but go look for yourself at his per-36 averages.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenje02.html

And you know what? His numbers this year are right at those same levels. Points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, advanced metrics - you name it. If anything his shooting has been a little worse this year, which makes the idea that he needs more touches just terrible, but whatever.

Wanting him to change as a player is, in my opinion, just foolish. He's doing exactly what he's always done on the court.

By the same token, anyone who's "disappointed" in his performance this year clearly had expectations with no basis in reality.

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 05:31:36 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
You can lead a horse to water......
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 05:53:14 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
Jess green has been great on the defensive side of the ball. But he's an average offensive player who has an occasional jaw dropping play. That's all.
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 06:45:58 PM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
So sick of people who haven't a clue by  doing something called 'watching players play basketball' and if you did this you would know this is something Jeff Green does not do. He shouldn't even be in the NBA......therefore, shouldn't take more shots. He's the worst basketball player I have ever seen in my life. so.....NO!

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 06:56:48 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
So sick of people who haven't a clue by  doing something called 'watching players play basketball' and if you did this you would know this is something Jeff Green does not do. He shouldn't even be in the NBA......therefore, shouldn't take more shots. He's the worst basketball player I have ever seen in my life. so.....NO!
In the same post you complain that others don't have a clue and then say Jeff Green should not be in the NBA. Wow. Get over yourself.

Jeff Green clearly belongs in the NBA. He just hasn't proved worthy of his contract. For all the players better than him in the NBA, there are just as many worse than him. Look at our team. Are Lee, Bass, Collins and Barbosa any better than Green as NBA players?

I find the "get him more shots" chant to be nonsense for the most part. If Jeff wanted more shots, he would take more shots. He would go into the post and call for the ball. He would do something with the ball. He chooses to be passive.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:15:40 PM by guava_wrench »

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 07:26:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I just can't understand why wouldn't you want to give an incredibly athletic wing who is typically a matchup nightmare - who is an incredibly efficient offensive player - more shots. 

He took 4 shots last night and one of the shots really doesn't count since it was a forced shot with the shot clock running down.
There is just soooooo much wrong with this:

1. Athletically gifted, efficient scorers in the NBA should have no problem getting shots up. Heck, there are tons of not so athletically gifted, inefficient scorers that do get lots of shots up. I am sure neither the team, management or coaching staff would do anything to hinder an athletically gifted, efficient scorer from putting up shots. As a matter of fact, I KNOW they wouldn't.

2. Jeff Green is not an efficient scorer.

3. If anyone is to blame for Jeff Green's passive nature and not taking enough shots, its Jeff Green. If Jeff Green wants m,ore shots all he has to do is take them.

4. Given Green's lack of efficiency, perhaps taking more shots isn't such a good idea.

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 09:03:33 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Under what standard are you considering Jeff Green "incredibly efficient"?

Agreed.

I don't care if Jeff Green is shooting or not. I do care about seeing ball movement in our units. Whether it leads to a Jeff Green shot or not, is insignificant to me.

But we can't have games where KG and Pierce are having awful nights, and yet we still try to play through them, and for some reason on those nights Pierce and KG feel the need to shoot even more than usual, usually ill advised well contested shots. That's inexcusable to me, particularly on a night that Rondo was pushing the ball quite well, and got us for the most part some early offense passing... just to be wasted by these two.
I thought this was pretty obvious to understand, but i'll still tell you: When you take a shot and it doesn't go in, and you are Pierce or KG who usually drain everything, you tend to shoot again to get your shot back and get out of the slump. KG got out of the shooting slump late in the game, Pierce didn't. Simple. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.