Author Topic: Doc needs to explore better lineups -rant-  (Read 353 times)

Doc needs to explore better lineups -rant-
« on: January 19, 2013, 12:10:10 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
I love the celtics.  I have been watching them a long time.  And Doc is a pretty good coach, but he is missing something. 

Doc needs to explore using bigger guard rotations!

One thing that has me baffled is why Pierce plays exclusively at the 3 when it might benefit the TEAM to move him to the 2. 

Now people will say wait, we have four shooting guards (terry, lee, bradley, barbosa) and that pierce is older and moving him to the 2 is silly.  Well when terry and lee are struggling to fit on a new team and bradley is injured and barbosa is getting negative minutes per game, we need our best player to show some versatility!

And this will help the team.  I want to see lineups with pierce at the 2 and green at the 3. 
If Bradley is 100% i love his fit on this team.  But in last nights game a large guard rotation would have been very beneficial. 

With Pierce and Green at the wings, both will probably be taller than their competition.  Both will have driving opportunities, and both will be able to get their shot off.  On defense, they are both great defenders, and I promise you Pierce will guard the 2 spot better then terry.  And green will guard the 3 spot better than terry at the 2.  The worst that could happen here is a 2 guard drives by pierce, but overall, 2 tall guards will benefit the team.

Especially when we are pretty much permanently small at the 4 and 5 unless garnett and wilcox or garnett and collins play together. 

Green is arguably the 4th best player on the team, moving pierce occasionally to the 2 spot will let green play where he needs to be.

Doc simply needs to explore these lineups I really feel they will put the opposition at multiple disadvantages trying to cover green and pierce at the guard spots. 

This doesn't mean I don't like other strategies, i just think this is an opportunity that has not been utilized. 

I like docs rotations when bradley is healthy, I don't see pierce at the 2 much when bradley is 100%  but Doc please try these line ups please!!!

I don't want to hear that Pierce can't play the 2 because he has done it so much in the past.  And he is our best player, if bass can play center, green can play 4 and Lee can play point, then pierce can DEFINITELY play 2 and it will HELP our team win games!

Otherwise I love watching this team play.