Author Topic: Why was Jet in on the last play?.  (Read 3804 times)

Why was Jet in on the last play?.
« on: January 18, 2013, 10:35:34 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
He is not known for his D and just stood there while Galanari fell down and shot the basket. Doc should have had a better defensive player in Galanari or however you spell his name should have ate that ball.  Bottom line Ainge needs to start making moves for the future and no I don't believe this after a loss I believe it even if they win 6 in a row. Time to move on.

Re: Why was Jet in on the last play?.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 10:37:48 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Belinelli isn't Gallinari.

Also Terry was in there because Rondo was fouled out and he'd been playing solid D, I guess he didn't trust Green to shoot FTs cold if necessary or play smart D on a guard.

Anyways Terry did a good job, deflected the pass and was in position on his cut, he just hit a crazy shot.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 10:38:33 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I stopped reading when you said Galinari...You're not even close

He plays for the denver nuggets...

Terry made huge shots and his trap defense was pretty decent in clutch time.

The jump ball call on pierce lost us that basketball game. Should never have been an overtime.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 10:39:52 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum

Also Terry was in there because Rondo was fouled out and he'd been playing solid D, I guess he didn't trust Green to shoot FTs cold if necessary or play smart D on a guard.

Anyways Terry did a good job, deflected the pass and was in position on his cut, he just hit a crazy shot.

Whatever dude it's the same crap Bellinelli Galinari   He should have ate the ball, watch that play again.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 10:40:19 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
GalliNARRRIII

-in my C Webb voice
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 10:41:41 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
I stopped reading when you said Galinari...You're not even close

He plays for the denver nuggets...

Terry made huge shots and his trap defense was pretty decent in clutch time.

The jump ball call on pierce lost us that basketball game. Should never have been an overtime.

Oh thank you Internet police for correcting me, I could care less about getting his name correct. If you stopped reading after I screwed up his name then why respond??

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 10:41:48 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Whatever dude it's the same crap Bellinelli Galinari   He should have ate the ball, watch that play again.
Really you think he should have blocked the shot off the deflection as he fell down on a turn around jumper?

Okay.

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 10:45:31 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum

Really you think he should have blocked the shot off the deflection as he fell down on a turn around jumper?

Okay.

Watch the play again, he didn't deflect it and then the shot was made, he deflected it and Belinelli collected the ball and turned and shot. I just think a better defensive player should should have been on the court, ok.

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 10:49:14 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Why Pierce VS Boozer in last 2 minutes of regular time???

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 10:49:42 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Do you think any other players on the Celtics team would be capable of stopping Belinelli turn around, leaning backwards flick shot?
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 10:50:41 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Okay.

Watch the play again, he didn't deflect it and then the shot was made, he deflected it and Belinelli collected the ball and turned and shot. I just think a better defensive player should should have been on the court, ok.

maybe we could have secretly taken one of rondos fouls away and put him back on the floor or magically make bradley healthy so he could guard the circus shot "gallinari" hit at the end of the game.

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 10:52:13 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Do you think any other players on the Celtics team would be capable of stopping Belinelli turn around, leaning backwards flick shot?

Bellineli??? Are you talking about Belinelli normal player and he is not James or Koby...Come on man... ???

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 10:52:28 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Indeed. JET is getting unfairly beat on here. It's not like Reed Richards was on the bench or anything.

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 10:53:21 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum

Okay.

maybe we could have secretly taken one of rondos fouls away and put him back on the floor or magically make bradley healthy so he could guard the circus shot "gallinari" hit at the end of the game.

I would have preferred Green in why would it have to be Rondo or Avery?? I just don't think Terry should be in on the last play defensively. That's my take if you don't like it to bad.

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 10:55:53 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
Indeed. JET is getting unfairly beat on here. It's not like Reed Richards was on the bench or anything.

I'm not beating on Jet actually it's a knock on Doc. Terry is not known for his D not his fault. Just saying in any last possession defensive stand I don't want to see Terry in