Author Topic: I'm so mad right now!  (Read 4491 times)

Re: I'm so mad right now!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 06:50:35 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
We would of won if Doc didn't decide to foul when we were up 3. Not a fan of that. It backfired pretty good.
yeah, I just as soon let them take a contested three.

I don't know how I feel about that call.  When Hinrich made one of two, I thought we had a pretty good chance to win that game.  That jump ball on the other end was what killed me.  Paul should have fought out of that double team better and drawn the foul.

Anyway, tough loss, but great game.  Both teams fought really hard.  What a junk shot by Bellineli to win it.

We had a timeout.  Pierce was trapped immediately.  WE SHOULD HAVE CALLED TIMEOUT.

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 12:32:07 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
We would of won if Doc didn't decide to foul when we were up 3. Not a fan of that. It backfired pretty good.

I don't know how I feel about that call.  When Hinrich made one of two, I thought we had a pretty good chance to win that game.  That jump ball on the other end was what killed me.  Paul should have fought out of that double team better and drawn the foul. 

Anyway, tough loss, but great game.  Both teams fought really hard.  What a junk shot by Bellineli to win it.
He DID draw the foul.  You didn't see Noah with his hands all over him?  And then hitting him in the face once Pierce tried to pull the ball away?

He did exactly what he should have done.  We had just come out of a timeout, why would he call another?  He was looking to get fouled, not have to inbound the ball again and then get fouled.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 12:52:44 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

He DID draw the foul.  You didn't see Noah with his hands all over him?  And then hitting him in the face once Pierce tried to pull the ball away?

He did exactly what he should have done.  We had just come out of a timeout, why would he call another?  He was looking to get fouled, not have to inbound the ball again and then get fouled.

There may have been a little contact, but to be honest, I didn't think it was too blatant.  If there was a real mistake by the refs on the play, it was that they called the jump ball way too soon.  There was no dual possession.  Paul still had the ball, and was trying to get out of trouble.

I just wish he could have protected the ball a little better.  As you say, he was looking to get fouled.  I feel that if he had been looking more to protect and secure the ball than waiting for the call, then he probably would have gotten the foul call eventually.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 01:56:46 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

There may have been a little contact, but to be honest, I didn't think it was too blatant.  If there was a real mistake by the refs on the play, it was that they called the jump ball way too soon.  There was no dual possession.  Paul still had the ball, and was trying to get out of trouble.

I just wish he could have protected the ball a little better.  As you say, he was looking to get fouled.  I feel that if he had been looking more to protect and secure the ball than waiting for the call, then he probably would have gotten the foul call eventually.
There was more than enough contact.  Not only did he grab a wrist of arm and get Pierce in the face, he put his hand on him before he even went for the ball.  That alone is enough to call a foul on the perimeter.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 02:04:41 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

There was more than enough contact.  Not only did he grab a wrist of arm and get Pierce in the face, he put his hand on him before he even went for the ball.  That alone is enough to call a foul on the perimeter.

I agree that a foul call would have been convenient there, but I honestly didn't see it.  The contact was minimal and Noah got a lot of the ball.  I stick with my observation that if there was a mistake made by the refs on that play, it was blowing the whistle too early. 

Personally, I thought a more egregious error occurred on the play where Rondo got fouled going for a loose ball, fell into an opposing player, and got the whistle against him, fouling out of the game. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson