Author Topic: More Valuable: Green or Sullinger?  (Read 8097 times)

Re: More Valuable: Green or Sullinger?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 03:03:03 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I love these.  Sully vs. Bradley.  Sully vs. Green.  Bass vs. Lee.

How about this...

Do we like a future lineup of Rondo/Bradley/Green/Sully?

Do we like the idea of a future bench core that includes Lee and Bass?

Are we excited to see how these talents complement and support the KG/Pierce/Rondo core this year and next?

Heck, Danny should be GM of the year.

Are we surprised that all of these pieces that just came together this year didn't magically mesh together in an instant?

Something tells me we have a few more 5+ game win streaks in us coming up, and everyone will look good at some point.

If Green is on this team in the future and even worse in the starting lineup, you have the perfect recipe for mediocrity. The four core players you list feature one near superstar, one great defensive guard, a potential regular double double guy and a guy who has underachieved his entire career, never been consistent, and half the time plays like he is afraid of his shadow. That core four is not something I look forward to.

Hang on, Vin - Let me adjust my green goggles.

That's better.

I see Rondo leading the league in assists (nearly),
Bradley being an all-NBA 1st team defender,
Sully leading the league in rebounds (nearly),
and Green, with his rounded game, as a super-talent complement to any star player we can nail.

I could see those guys combining for an average of at least 50pts, 20rbs, and 15 asst with 2-4 stl, plus the bench and Center.

With a star Center, we have a heck of a lineup, and quite nearly our current starting unit (subbing Green for Pierce, and KG for Star Center to be Named Later).

So if you like the current team and think Green could provide an aged-Pierce level of production (about 5 more points and 2 more assists/36 than he puts up now), then both Green and Sully join Bradley and Rondo as key future pieces.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:13:41 AM by More Banners »

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 03:59:26 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

How about this...

Are we excited to see how these talents complement and support the KG/Pierce/Rondo core this year and next?

Are we surprised that all of these pieces that just came together this year didn't magically mesh together in an instant?

Something tells me we have a few more 5+ game win streaks in us coming up, and everyone will look good at some point.

If Green is on this team in the future and even worse in the starting lineup, you have the perfect recipe for mediocrity. The four core players you list feature one near superstar, one great defensive guard, a potential regular double double guy and a guy who has underachieved his entire career, never been consistent, and half the time plays like he is afraid of his shadow. That core four is not something I look forward to.

That's better.

and Green, with his rounded game, as a super-talent complement to any star player we can nail.

I could see those guys combining for an average of at least 50pts, 20rbs, and 15 asst with 2-4 stl, plus the bench and Center.

With a star Center, we have a heck of a lineup, and quite nearly our current starting unit (subbing Green for Pierce, and KG for Star Center to be Named Later).

So if you like the current team and think Green could provide an aged-Pierce level of production (about 5 more points and 2 more assists/36 than he puts up now), then both Green and Sully join Bradley and Rondo as key future pieces.

"With a star Center"

Devil is in the details
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 05:06:17 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

How about this...

That's better.

"With a star Center"

Devil is in the details

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 07:53:15 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Sullinger and its not that close
as a rookie he's already had several games better than anything jeff green has given us ever..doing things we actually need...lol@ bass and wilcox "easily" replacing what sullinger does in case of injury...uh what?
If the invisible man gets injured we dont need anyone to replace him...hell try Joseph im sure it wouldnt be much worse

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 08:09:04 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
PILE ON! Sorry guys, I just got up.

Sullinger's contract has value. He is an asset.
Green's contract has negative value. He is a liability.

At present, there is literally no number of Jeff Greens you could add up to be worth one Jared Sullinger.

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 10:07:36 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Sully has proven me wrong so far and im glad, lol..hope he can keep it up
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 11:32:42 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
For our team? I'd have to say Green only because if he goes down Pierce has to play huge minutes and we need to make a trade to fill in the void. Sully goes down and we still have Bass and wilcox at the PF positions.

Trade value wise it has to be Sully. Younger, less contract, more potential at this point.

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 02:22:47 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Right now its Sullinger, and there is no question about it. 

He's outperforming Green in almost every possible area - defense, rebounding, hustle, energy.  Green is scoring at a slightly higher per-minute rate, but not by much.

I like Green, bit he doesn't give us what Sully does on a nightly basis.  On some days he can explode and carry the offense, but he doesnr do it often enough.

As for the talk of Green replacing what Pierce gives us - never going to happen.  Paul Pierce is going to go down in history as one of the greatest scorers to ever play the game, and one of the 10 greatest Celtics of all time.  Green will never reach with accolade and at best he may simple he a very good starter.  To replace what Pierce has given us we'd need a Carmello-esque scorer, and Jeff Green sure isn't that.