Author Topic: what would it take to offload jeff green?  (Read 2497 times)

Re: what would it take to offload jeff green?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 10:49:36 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I don't think Jeff Green's contract is bad... He was due for it. whether here or still on OKC, like Harden did. What's bad for Jeff is his coach & the system he's put in. Jeff being traded to Denver will make his game flourish again. Its a much better system for his style of play with those group of players & coach. He needs to be traded to a better system.

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 10:55:25 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't think Jeff Green's contract is bad... He was due for it. whether here or still on OKC, like Harden did. What's bad for Jeff is his coach & the system he's put in. Jeff being traded to Denver will make his game flourish again. Its a much better system for his style of play with those group of players & coach. He needs to be traded to a better system.

Green's production here is about the exact same as it was in OKC, on a per-minute basis.  It's a cop out to blame the system.

Also, it's generally a bad idea to give guys coming off heart surgery a four year deal.  Ideally, we would have signed Green to a one year "prove it" type of contract.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 11:01:34 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I want to keep Jeff Green, because the thing I like best about the Celtics is watching a player who in about 60 percent of his games does absolutely NOTHING while on the court. And, if we traded him, who would be the guy on the Celtics we talk about who is doing poorly because:

No one passes him the ball
They don't call any plays for him
He is still working he way back from his major heart surgery
He needs to start because he is not effective off the bench
He can't get into the groove because he needs more minutes

I love the guy because he brings so many great things to this team. I mean come on. Look at those 4 or 5 hard dunks he has had this year. That is impressive.

And, don't forget his playmaking abilities, with his .9 assists per game. The only two players with lower assists per game who get regular minutes are Sully and Bass, both at .8

It;'s the system's fault  ::)

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 11:22:04 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
The guy is tissue soft mentally.  Where was Dr Niedlenoggin when ya needed him, Danny?