Author Topic: Who do you hate more these days? Lakers or Heat?  (Read 4762 times)

Re: Who do you hate more these days? Lakers or Heat?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 09:15:04 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
As much as I hate the heat and like to see LeBron suck, nothing is better than seeing the Lakers lose.

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 09:16:17 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
The Rondo injury, the knucklehead routines of Lebum and Wade, the Ray allen transfer really swayed me into hating the Cheat.

The Lakers, although, an archenemy has my respect during the Magic/Bird era. But this incarnation under Kobe is despised as well.

Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 09:39:26 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
The Rondo injury, the knucklehead routines of Lebum and Wade, the Ray allen transfer really swayed me into hating the Cheat.

The Lakers, although, an archenemy has my respect during the Magic/Bird era. But this incarnation under Kobe is despised as well.

+1....I have hated the Fakers longer, but my hate for the cHeat is FAR more intense for all your reasons in paragraph #1 and add to that their disingenuous claim to have used the Cs Big Three concept in THE WAY they came together.

That's crap. Our Big 3 came together by us giving up assets.
The cHeat came together by collusion amongst the evil 3 and Riley, the puppetmaster. They gave up NO assets to get them.

The Fakers 2000's iteration, I agree is pretty loathsome, however, as much as Magic Johnson broke my heart with that baby-hook to clinch that Finals game not more than 200 feet from where I sat and on many other occasions, I still respected the guy, even though I rooted fiercely against him and the Spartans in the '79 NCAA championsip game against our boy and the Sycamores, and even more fiercely in the '80s in general.

To me, Magic, behind Russ was the best player ever, and so was pretty hard to hate. (Sorry, MJ, Lenny Bias would've made you a footnote.)

What Magic did as a rook in the sixth game of the NBA Finals series against the '6ers earned my respect for him forever. Because Jabbar was out, Magic started at center and played forward and guard and scored 42, had 15 boards, 7 assists and was the only rookie at the time to have won the Finals MVP as a rookie.

Much respect for Magic, but I still hated Kareem, Scott, Rambis and company.

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 09:41:59 PM »

Offline Juneauz

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
Lakers.

And Wade, as a human being.

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 09:53:58 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Lakers obviously, but I think at the moment my hate for the current Heat squad is insurmountable at the moment... but with the awareness that it'll be a temporary thing, though it has potential to become more.

But this current Laker team I hate very much too, but since they've been losing, they're more of an afterthought.

I really do feel that dissmissiveness of some fans about those who feel passionate about their hate for the Heat quite unwarranted. In the past 5 years, we've met either LeBron or Wade in the playoffs 4 times... with some mutual distaste between us and them, and potential 3 more years of meeting them with the Piece-Garnett duo. LeBron is the closest to a rival Pierce has really had in his career, and we've been eliminated from the playoffs by the Heat twice in a row now in ways many would consider disgusting, including Wade's shenanigans with Rondo.

There's also the Pat Riley connection, and now they have Judas, who pretty much tainted in some ways my memories of our sole championship in 20+ years.

Just because during the 80s an intense rivalry with the Lakers blossomed to its peak (though it had been building up for decades of course) doesn't mean there isn't room for another one, particularly with a team that is closest to home with potential with more frequent meetings with each other.

I also feel that many don't want to admit their hate to the Heat because it feels a bit wrong to hate someone more than the Lakers at times, like a feeling of tarnishing what it means to be a Celtics fan... I feel it myself, but there's plenty to hate the Heat for, and we don't have to be ashamed of it. Screw them.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:59:38 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2013, 09:55:21 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The Lakers.

The Heat are just a basketball team with three of the top 15 players in the league on it. I didn't hate the 90's Bulls 'cause they had MJ, Scottie and Rodman...

Even if they (the heat) did gut their team so two of them could shadily sign there in free agency.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2013, 10:00:41 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Lakers obviously, but I think at the moment my hate for the current Heat squad is insurmountable at the moment... but with the awareness that it'll be a temporary thing, though it has potential to become more.

But this current Laker team I hate very much too, but since they've been losing, they're more of an afterthought.

I really do feel that dissmissiveness of some fans about those who feel passionate about their hate for the Heat quite unwarranted. In the past 5 years, we've met either LeBron or Wade in the playoffs 4 times... with some mutual distaste between us and them, and potential 3 more years of meeting them with the Piece-Garnett duo. LeBron is the closest to a rival Pierce has really had in his career, and we've been eliminated from the playoffs by the Heat twice in a row now in ways many would consider disgusting, including Wade's shenanigans with Rondo.

There's also the Pat Riley connection, and now they have Judas, who pretty much tainted in some ways my memories of our sole championship in 20+ years.

Just because during the 80s an intense rivalry with the Lakers blossomed to its peak doesn't mean there isn't room for another one, particularly with a team that is closest to home with potential with more frequent meetings with each other.

I also feel that many don't want to admit their hate to the Heat because it feels a bit wrong to hate someone more than the Lakers at times, like a feeling of tarnishing what it means to be a Celtics fan... I feel it myself, but there's plenty to hate the Heat for, and we don't have to be ashamed of it. Screw them.

+1, Bud...very well put...and I too don't think that we who have a more current intense hate for the cHeat are sore losers, or crybabies or jealous or not "true" Celtic fans, because of our stance.

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2013, 10:02:09 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Also....the Heat are a rival now.....the Sixers with Doc, Cheeks were rivals in the 80s
The Knicks with Frazier, reed, Bradley in the 70s
No one in the 90s because the C's were bad

The Lakers are a consistent rival and have been for over 50 years

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2013, 10:03:43 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Lakers.

And Wade, as a human being.

Amen bro.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2013, 10:08:54 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Just because during the 80s an intense rivalry with the Lakers blossomed to its peak doesn't mean there isn't room for another one, particularly with a team that is closest to home with potential with more frequent meetings with each other.

Ditto agree completely, to hell with the Heat and LA and as for tonight's game wish they could both take L's
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2013, 10:38:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Heat
Knicks
Lakers

Something about the Knicks man. I like Amare, love Chandler, and used to be a big Melo fan. But now...since about midway through last season right after their winning streak, man I despise the Knicks.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner