Author Topic: Who do you hate more these days? Lakers or Heat?  (Read 4761 times)

Re: Who do you hate more these days? Lakers or Heat?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 07:12:46 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Will always be the Lakers...although I find them more comical than anything these days.

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 07:16:43 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5yMcmRWI5s

Goosebumps.

We have GOT to get back to the Finals.....

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 07:17:44 PM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
I hate Miami, but, if Miami were to play the Lakers in the finals, I'm going for Miami 10/10.

I'd almost go as far to say that I hate New York more than Miami too.

Lakers is, and always will be the clear #1 most hated team for me, that's a no-brainer for me.

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 07:43:17 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I actively root against both teams with almost as much passion as I root for the Celtics.  If they met in the finals, there could be no satisfactory outcome. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Both team suck eggs and I hate them.   I hate any team not the Celtics in the NBA!

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 08:08:08 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Lakers hands down
Its just... that uniform...ugh...

I used to HATE Shaq when he was on the Lakers. Rooted against him all the time. Its just when any player wears that uniform, they immediately become the enemy

But as soon as Shaq got traded to Miami, he became the loveable guy I enjoyed watching. That should be your answer

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Miami.  I just wasn't a celtics fan back in the 80's or earlier, so the extent of the rivalries that I've witnessed as a fan are stronger and more recent against Miami.  Miami's recent antics (the decision, "not 5, not 6, not 7", wade's punk acts, bosh's disgusting screams and faces, ray's free agent signing) since I've been a fan are far more loathsome as well.  They've even managed to make me dislike Shane Battier.

But I expect that in 6 years, it will be the Lakers or perhaps some other team that has fostered a new rivalry with Boston nearing the level that Miami is at.  I thought that level was previously unimaginable -- I think we're witnessing something in Miami that might be very unique in the history of basketball -- so it will very likely be Lakers.

Much respect to the traditional celts fans though who hate Lakers more no matter what.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 08:24:01 PM »

Offline thenotoriousjts

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
Still the Lakers, but Miami is catching up.
LeBron, Ray, Bosh, and Wade...hard to make me hate a team any more but Kobe, Artest (World Peace), and Dwight certainly make a strong case.
Feel free to check me out here: https://hardwoodhoudini.com/author/jstevens3/ or here https://hashtagbasketball.com/author/jeremy-stevens

Can't we just bring Gerald Green back?

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 08:38:22 PM »

Kiorrik

To quote Facebook:

"I'ts Complicated"

The thing is: Lakers are an arch enemy. You want them to lose as much as possible.

But the Laker thing is a franchise thing. It's very, very personal with the Heat.

And then there's the history. The Heat are *nothing* compared to the combined Celtic/Laker legacy. Both of us own them in every possible area, historically.

The heat are a thorn in the side, but the Lakers... they're pure evil.

Oh, and I want to mention the word "classy". I think our Laker rivalry is more classy than the one with the Heat (for as far as the Heat one can be called an actual "rivalry"!)

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 08:49:08 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Here's how I see it.

The Lakers are a respectable albeit evil franchise. The Miami Heat are just a bunch of crap flinging babies who I honestly can't stand. I hate Lebron and Wade with a passion. I really don't mind Velocibosh too much.

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 08:56:03 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Miami.  I just wasn't a celtics fan back in the 80's or earlier, so the extent of the rivalries that I've witnessed as a fan are stronger and more recent against Miami.  Miami's recent antics (the decision, "not 5, not 6, not 7", wade's punk acts, bosh's disgusting screams and faces, ray's free agent signing) since I've been a fan are far more loathsome as well.  They've even managed to make me dislike Shane Battier.

But I expect that in 6 years, it will be the Lakers or perhaps some other team that has fostered a new rivalry with Boston nearing the level that Miami is at.  I thought that level was previously unimaginable -- I think we're witnessing something in Miami that might be very unique in the history of basketball -- so it will very likely be Lakers.

Much respect to the traditional celts fans though who hate Lakers more no matter what.
Ha, good point on the Bosh screams.  No fan of basketball or the human race shouldn't hate those.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 09:00:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Always the Lakers.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 09:01:11 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Lakers.  I'm more or less apathetic to Miami, honestly.

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013, 09:12:26 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I hate the Lakers, but I'm not prepared for a Heat dynasty and the ensuing glorification of the single superstar being bigger than the game itself.  I lived through Jordan's '90s.  I have no interest in watching Lebron's '10s.  I'll root against that above all else. 

It's nothing personal against James.  I just don't want to see the game I love turned into more and more of a giant star gaze.  I know that the current commissioner wants nothing more than to exalt the individual above the game, but I'm not into that.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Depends on the day. Pretty equal tho.

I guess id rather the lakers win tonight to keep Heat closer  distance. But I want the lakers to finish 9th as well. Its a toughy