Author Topic: Rondo and KG plan on hanging with Josh Smith at the all-star break(hinting?)  (Read 7762 times)

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
no surprise here...rondo isn't part of the new age best friend nba and I like it...however Josh Smith has always been exception..they've been friends since high school and there's nothing more to it.

Well, it's not as if Rondo doesn't have any friends.  He just doesn't get chummy with too many, especially not players on rivals.

Rondo is friends with Smith, Gay and Perk.  I'm sure there are others.

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
no surprise here...rondo isn't part of the new age best friend nba and I like it...however Josh Smith has always been exception..they've been friends since high school and there's nothing more to it.

Well, it's not as if Rondo doesn't have any friends.  He just doesn't get chummy with too many, especially not players on rivals.

'
lets just sign and trade for all of Rondos friends lol  ::)

(c) Cousins
(PF) Smith
(SF) Gay
(G) Bradley
(PG) Rondo

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

Well, yeah...one of the few exceptions  ;D

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He's actually friends with Cousins and John Wall as well - they train in the off-season together
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I love the fact Rondo has no interest in hanging with LeBron, Wade, or any rivals really. That is awesome.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I love the fact Rondo has no interest in hanging with LeBron, Wade, or any rivals really. That is awesome.

You would've loved last year's ASG, then.

I can't find the clip, but there was footage of the locker room with the East players in it. In one corner there was Ray, KG, Paul and Rondo. Rondo and I think Paul had their backs to the rest of the players in the locker room, and I believe Ray and KG were sitting with a view of the entire lockerroom.

That was one corner.

In the other corner were Bosh, Wade and LeBron.

Dwight was being interviewed about the apparent schisms and he found it interesting, too.

Fast-Forward to this year and we have the same thing, except Melo wanted to do WWF with KG.

I fear that the West will run roughshod over the East once again....there is absolutely no chemistry in the East, unfortunately.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
yea , I look for Durant , Kobe  Hardin  to destroy the east.

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

I can't find the clip, but there was footage of the locker room with the East players in it. In one corner there was Ray, KG, Paul and Rondo. Rondo and I think Paul had their backs to the rest of the players in the locker room, and I believe Ray and KG were sitting with a view of the entire lockerroom.

That was one corner.

Dwight was being interviewed about the apparent schisms and he found it interesting, too.

Fast-Forward to this year and we have the same thing, except Melo wanted to do WWF with KG.

I fear that the West will run roughshod over the East once again....there is absolutely no chemistry in the East, unfortunately.

I believe this was 2010. The Shaq year. Kg and Ray didn't make it last year.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

'

(c) Cousins
(PF) Smith
(SF) Gay
(G) Bradley
(PG) Rondo

I don't think that would be very fair to the rest of the league  ;D

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170

'

(c) Cousins
(PF) Smith
(SF) Gay
(G) Bradley
(PG) Rondo

Since when is Cousins a friend of Rondo's? They went to the same school and all but I've never heard word one that they were friends. Perk on the other hand would fill that Center spot in a Rondo-friendly lineup.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

'

(c) Cousins
(PF) Smith
(SF) Gay
(G) Bradley
(PG) Rondo

Since when is Cousins a friend of Rondo's? They went to the same school and all but I've never heard word one that they were friends. Perk on the other hand would fill that Center spot in a Rondo-friendly lineup.

They played in a charity event a couple summers ago. They talked about playing together and how much fun it was. They may not be best friends, but much friendlier than Rondo and Wade...

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I don't think we have the (expendable) pieces to get Smith.  I have no doubt he'd love to play here, and our players would love to have him here.

IT's funny, because usually you say there's no way in hell Atlanta would take a package built around Sully and picks... but then as Sully plays better, it makes you all the more reluctant to trade him.   I still doubt a package built around Sully, picks and cap filler (Terry/Bass/Green) would be enough, though.

That's why any deal for Smith most likely would include a 3rd team. 

Smith is a free agent.  Danny Ferry has to know that Smith may walk away and he might not get anything back in return.  He will be traded, either now or in the offseason as a sign-and-trade.

The offseason case makes the most sense to me.  Piece becomes an expensive expiring deal that could be moved.  Green is only a 3 year deal instead of 4.  Lee is only 3 years. 

I can't see Danny moving Bradley or Sullinger for Smith though, as that kind of defeats the purpose of bringing him in (making your team younger and more competitive at the same time).

Thus I don't see this ever happening.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

That was one corner.

AS games are meaningless anyway. waste of time.
LET'S GO CELTICS!