Author Topic: Rondo and KG plan on hanging with Josh Smith at the all-star break(hinting?)  (Read 7760 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Here's one thing he was definitive on: Rondo won't be very social if he lands at this year's mid-February classic.

"No, I don’t do much socializing," he said. "If I make it, I hope one of my homeboys makes it, [Atlanta's] Josh Smith. If he makes it, KG makes it, we’ll all [hang out]."

Just don't expect any members of the Knicks or Heat to get an invite. Rondo noted on Thursday, "I don’t try to be friends with anyone outside my team."

When asked if he would hang out with Wade and Melo: "Why would I?"

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4701314/rondo-on-chummy-all-star-experience

I know Rondo and Smith are close friends , but Smith seem to be really chummy with a lot of the c's players. After the last game against Atlanta smith came up to a bunch of the c's and gave them hugs and socialized .

I really think that the C's are going to go after Smith ,and yes I would probably give up anyone outside of the big 3 and Bradley for him

Bos sends: Green, Lee, and Sully ( or instead of sully , Melo and a 1st rd pick or 2)

Atl sends: Smith and Stevenson

can you imagine a starting lineup of

PG: Rondo
SG: Bradley
SF: PP
PF: Smith
 C: KG

Best defensive team ever with the ability to score and run the fast break off the turnover they create .

I think there is a good chance this happens

sounds like Josh smith would love to play for the c's too from last year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPrYKGegnqY
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:33:24 PM by rondohondo »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Wonder if atl would take bass, terry and mello.
They get a serviceable 4, a vet leader type and a upside prospect for a player who will be leaving for greener pastures this summer

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I don't think Atlanta would have a ton of interest in Jeff. They finally unloaded Marvin Williams, I don't see why they go for a Marvin Williams redux.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't think we have the (expendable) pieces to get Smith.  I have no doubt he'd love to play here, and our players would love to have him here.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't think we have the (expendable) pieces to get Smith.  I have no doubt he'd love to play here, and our players would love to have him here.

IT's funny, because usually you say there's no way in hell Atlanta would take a package built around Sully and picks... but then as Sully plays better, it makes you all the more reluctant to trade him.   I still doubt a package built around Sully, picks and cap filler (Terry/Bass/Green) would be enough, though. 

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
A sign and trade in the off-season is our best bet.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Yeah I think I have to agree with this. I loved seeing the extended hugs and socializing after the Atlanta game. Smith was number one on my wishlist in the offseason and he still is. I dont see Bass, Terry or Lee, and Sully or Melo w/ picks getting it done however. Its unfortunate.

Hopefully he can demand his way here in the offseason. A guy can dream.

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I really think that the C's are going to go after Smith ,and yes I would probably give up anyone outside of the big 3 and Bradley for him

I have no problem sending Bradley for Smith.

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
cue Ainge telling Sacramento that we have a deal in place to get Smith, unless they are willing to drop their demand to take back Sully or Bradley for Cousins 

Cousins & Garcia
-for-
Green, Melo + cash and a 1st

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
cue Ainge telling Sacramento that we have a deal in place to get Smith, unless they are willing to drop their demand to take back Sully or Bradley for Cousins 

Cousins & Garcia
-for-

Rather have smith, much better defender and fast break player to run with Rondo.

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
I said it last year that Josh Smith will be in a Celtics uniform in 2013-14 season. Wheather its by trade or FA signing. But they have to clear space
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
So the question is who would u give up? My give-up list is(w/out the big 3):
1. Terry (#1 disappointment so far, he doesnt fit here  :()
2. Bass
3. Wilcox (srry, u had ur chance big guy)
4. Barbosa (luv him, but Doc isnt using him properly)
5. Lee (very nice player, i doubt he'll get traded)
6. Melo
7. Sully
8. Bradley
9. Green (extremely important on this team's success)
10. Collins (sorry, but Im a big fan)

I say Terry+Bass+Wilcox+Barbosa+2 future picks for Smith+fillers
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Cousins & Garcia
-for-

Rather have smith, much better defender and fast break player to run with Rondo.

I suspect Cousins is off the market for now, but any way the C's could hypothetically get both--Cousins in a trade and Smith as a FA if the C's renounce Pierce's contract (and maybe sign him back for much less)?

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
no surprise here...rondo isn't part of the new age best friend nba and I like it...however Josh Smith has always been exception..they've been friends since high school and there's nothing more to it.

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
We're better off to work out a sign & trade in the offseason to get Smith. Rather than give up many assets in a midseason overhaul.