Author Topic: Bradley suffered rib injury, may miss next game  (Read 8067 times)

Re: Bradley suffered rib injury, may miss next game
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 05:58:50 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Hope he isnt injury prone!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 07:48:26 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I think there's some truth to the fact that if he keeps playing defense the way he plays (which we all love), then there's a good chance that he'll be more susceptible to getting hurt.  It's admirable to try to fight through every screen set by seven foot two-hundred fifty pound guys instead of going around some of them, but it's got to take a toll on the body. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 09:04:43 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
At what point does he get the "injury-prone" label?

I would say he has already earned it

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 09:55:17 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Can Avery catch a break and finish a season without getting sidelined again?
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 10:58:48 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
The injury situation with AB is the big reason why I won't be surprised if Ainge trades him. 

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 11:13:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

I think there's some truth to the fact that if he keeps playing defense the way he plays (which we all love), then there's a good chance that he'll be more susceptible to getting hurt.  It's admirable to try to fight through every screen set by seven foot two-hundred fifty pound guys instead of going around some of them, but it's got to take a toll on the body.

I'm sure this has alot to do with staying healthy.   And they punish him more too,because he does this extreme pressure on the ball all the time. 

I sort sit there watching,  just can take it off my mind , and waiting for him to get injuried,  when he plays this hard , you know something bad is gonna happen.

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 01:46:15 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 04:03:52 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
This team just can't afford for this guy not to be on the floor. Their dependence on him is very troubling.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 04:59:21 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
This team just can't afford for this guy not to be on the floor. Their dependence on him is very troubling.

You're right...it is troubling.  To rely so heavily on this guy only spell trouble down the line if we don't change something.  Somebody call 911, it's emergency and we need a trade ASAP

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 05:20:28 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I want to know when and how he injured the rib. Probably got smashed in the guts and no foul was called. Hope he heals quickly

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 05:27:06 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I want to know when and how he injured the rib. Probably got smashed in the guts and no foul was called. Hope he heals quickly

It seems like a natural injury for him to get, given how close he plays his man and the fact that he tries to fight through every screen. Someone probably cleared him out with an elbow.

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 07:40:33 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Quote from: CelticG1
Maybe, seems like Rondo has been pretty healthy and why I always defend Rondo when people talk about "effort".

Earlier in his career Rondo was very dependable, but the last two seasons he's missed 25% of his games. 

This is despite the fact that it's those last two seasons where his effort level seems to have taken a drop moreso then ever.

I don't think Bradley is injury prone at all, at least not yet.  He's had two injuries (ankle and Shoulder), which were completely unrelated to each other, over three season.  It's just unfortuante that both were fairly significant injuries that have led him lose significant time.

Rondo has actually been injured quite frequently over the last couiple of seasons (usually several times per season), it's just that they are generally not major ones and he's usually lucky enough to either play through them or loose only 2 or 3 games.

Including this one Bradley has only had three career injuries (ankle, shoulder, ribs) but he's been unlucky enough that two of them have have been serious.  This one looks like a Rondo-type injury in that it doesn't sound major, and I'm guessing if he does loose time he will be back within 3 games or so.

What's trouble is (as mentioned by somebody else above) we cannot win games without him.  This hints partly at AB's value, but also hints partly at the wholes in our team.   The two thing Bradley brings are effort and perimeter defense, so we clearly need another 'energy' guy on the perimeter who can  bring those things.  As much as Lee seems to do that (and he's done it well lately) it obviously isn't enough because we can't win games when AB is out.   
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:52:41 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 10:47:55 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Quote from: CelticG1
Maybe, seems like Rondo has been pretty healthy and why I always defend Rondo when people talk about "effort".

Earlier in his career Rondo was very dependable, but the last two seasons he's missed 25% of his games. 

This is despite the fact that it's those last two seasons where his effort level seems to have taken a drop moreso then ever.

Rondo's effort level has been fine when he's been healthy, and he didn't miss 25% of the last 2 years.

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 11:20:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Yes I think so too Somehow , I feel like C's are defunct without him playing . No confidence in them.  Just more miserable play by JET.

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 11:31:30 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

It seems like a natural injury for him to get, given how close he plays his man and the fact that he tries to fight through every screen. Someone probably cleared him out with an elbow.
it was from Robin Lopez didn't see video though
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk