Author Topic: teams have been calling the Blazers about J.J. Hickson's availability.  (Read 4614 times)

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
A source told CSN Northwest that teams have been calling the Blazers about J.J. Hickson's availability.
It isn't a surprise. Hickson is on a very affordable one-year deal, and there are a number of teams that could use his services. The Blazers have a nice trade chip should they look to move Hickson before the February 21 deadline, but because Hickson is a Birds Rights player on a one-year deal, he has the power to veto any trade. If he accepts a trade, he will lose his Bird Rights. Jan 17 - 7:47 AM

Source: CSNNW

Re: teams have been calling the Blazers about J.J. Hickson's availability.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 11:29:16 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No surprise at all. He is playing great basketball, is young, and is on a favorable contract for the year. I don't see why Portland wouldn't keep him unless he is a headcase in the lockeroom or something. Since his contract is so low Im not sure if he can net them much of a return unless it is a young rookie. Could the Rockets be a suitor and then give him an extension?

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
although he'd be an upgrade over Bass, he doesn't have the size that would really help the C's.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 12:40:11 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
although he'd be an upgrade over Bass, he doesn't have the size that would really help the C's.

I would still take him over Bass regardless of size. Would rather get a true center though.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 01:29:32 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
It's funny that every time I play as the Celtics in a new NBA 2K game, the first trade I always make is for Hickson.

I did it back in 2010, again in 2011, again in 2012, and again in 2013.

His contract is always favorable, his rating in the game is a bit above his actual talent, and he's always under-utilized on his current team.  Also, the Celtics always lack size, and usually need a backup PF or C.

I very rarely keep him for an entire season - I usually flip him in a bigger trade later on - but I find it amusing that we always discuss him in real life with the Celtics.

He's not a standout, but he's solid.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 01:47:17 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
It's funny that every time I play as the Celtics in a new NBA 2K game, the first trade I always make is for Hickson.

I did it back in 2010, again in 2011, again in 2012, and again in 2013.

His contract is always favorable, his rating in the game is a bit above his actual talent, and he's always under-utilized on his current team.  Also, the Celtics always lack size, and usually need a backup PF or C.

I very rarely keep him for an entire season - I usually flip him in a bigger trade later on - but I find it amusing that we always discuss him in real life with the Celtics.

He's not a standout, but he's solid.
Except managing an NBA team is not like playing NBA2k or fantasy basketball.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 02:10:44 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
jj hickson likes playing for losers so he can "earn" a bigger contact then he's worth...he's slightly better then a scrub with a loser mentality... I'll honestly take bass..nuff said

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 02:22:38 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
Jeff green, Brandon bass and barbosa for Hickson and nic batum

Edit: throw in a first if you have to
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 02:27:08 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

The Celtics are going to need to throw in a lot more then a 1st if they want Batum from the Blazers. 

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

The Celtics are going to need to throw in a lot more then a 1st if they want Batum from the Blazers.

Haha.

It would be more like an starting conversation of Rondo for Hickson and Batum. The the Blazers might listen to an offer but with Lilliard still probably not.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 02:46:23 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I was gonna say the same thing, you beat me to it.

There going to need more than a 1st rounder to land Batum. I don't think we have more though.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 02:59:13 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I wonder if other fans value our stars as much as we value their semi stars

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 03:08:42 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

If we are talking about Batum, look at what was offered for him in a sign and trade he Blazers turned it down. 

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8168970/minnesota-timberwolves-submit-46m-offer-sheet-nicolas-batum

The Timberwolves have offered as many as three future first-round draft picks and even have dangled small forward Derrick Williams, the No. 2 pick in the 2011 draft.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8157984/source-portland-trail-blazers-minnesota-timberwolves-discussing-nicolas-batum-deal

Portland would receive shooting guard Kyle Korver from Chicago and two future first-round draft picks from Minnesota, according to the source. The Bulls would acquire a second-round pick from the Timberwolves, the source said.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 03:14:33 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

If we are talking about Batum, look at what was offered for him in a sign and trade he Blazers turned it down. 

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8168970/minnesota-timberwolves-submit-46m-offer-sheet-nicolas-batum

The Timberwolves have offered as many as three future first-round draft picks and even have dangled small forward Derrick Williams, the No. 2 pick in the 2011 draft.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8157984/source-portland-trail-blazers-minnesota-timberwolves-discussing-nicolas-batum-deal

Portland would receive shooting guard Kyle Korver from Chicago and two future first-round draft picks from Minnesota, according to the source. The Bulls would acquire a second-round pick from the Timberwolves, the source said.

Is that good value? Id say yuck to that.

I mean in general though over the last several years people will talk about these decent players like josh smith and act like our entire team couldn't bring him over than at the same time talk about how the Warriors laugh at a Curry for Rondo swap

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 03:16:51 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
I mean someone on this blog mentioned Paul George as a top 5 player they'd build around in the NBA