Author Topic: Calling out KG  (Read 6879 times)

Calling out KG
« on: January 16, 2013, 10:26:31 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Let me first say I love KG and I appreciate what he has given us, but he is GASSED!!

He looked HORRIBLE against the Bobcats who have NO ONE on their front line!!

He had BY FAR the worst differential on the team and the court (-26)!!!

He only had 4 rebounds against the lowly Hornets.

Everyone loves to call out Rondo, who certainly was "bad" Rondo tonight and there is plenty of reason to blame PP (-10 tonite), but I am calling for Doc to rest KG.

Something is wrong with him.  He looked 55 years old vs. the Bobcats.

Smitty77

Re: Calling out KG
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 10:30:59 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
But we don't need a big. ::)

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:32:57 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The whole team looked like they went out all last night and were still shaking off a hangover...Was it anyone birthday or anything, any big celebration. I mean geesh.

I dont understand why KG doesnt take the open lanes to the basket more. Tonight there were three or four times he had a wide open lane and ended up stopping for a turn around jumper which missed front rim. Man up and go to the hoop big fellah!

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:40:20 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
The only thing wrong with KG is that he's 36 playing in his 18th season in the league.

And resting him is a nice idea, but who takes his place in the line up? Collins? I think we've already seen what a disaster that is.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 10:54:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
There are going to be some nights -- and for stretches, more nights than not -- when KG simply doesn't have it.

That's just how it is.  Gotta make the most of the nights when he does have it and find ways to make up for it when he doesn't.

The good news is he "has it" on defense most of the time.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 11:02:03 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
haha funny  >:( This team is a lottery team without KG. And you picked a bad night to call him out. KG had good shooting night leading the Celtics in scoring. As far as the rebounding goes Garnett counterpart Lopez had 6 rebounds, so rebounding point is moot. Celtics lost the game as a collective. The Pelicans outplayed them in every facet of the game.

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 11:10:21 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
But we don't need a big. ::)

EGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSACTLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY   ;D

Mr Cousins or Mr. Gortat ....welcome to beantown!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 11:13:40 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I love KG, but Ainge did say that he believes that he sometimes "lacks spirit".

Not sure how many caught his pre-game interview with Dickerson, but here it is around the 4:20 mark...

http://www.csnne.com/pages/celticsvideo?PID=uvXM2-Oq6y259Wriu7QZnOOoT_dT6EkS_FhOED

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 11:15:13 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
haha funny  >:( This team is a lottery team without KG. And you picked a bad night to call him out. KG had good shooting night leading the Celtics in scoring. As far as the rebounding goes Garnett counterpart Lopez had 6 rebounds, so rebounding point is moot. Celtics lost the game as a collective. The Pelicans outplayed them in every facet of the game.

outcoached also. no coach in his right mind would allow his team to shoot bricks for 48 minutes. insanity. at least try to attack in all ways. something. anything.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 11:22:48 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
People just don't understand that dude. TP
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Change,

If KG was so good tonite, then how were we -26 points with him on the floor????

Please help me understand that!!

Please tell me that KG was NOT beyond terrible vs. perhaps the WORST front line in the NBA, the Bobcats.

Thanks,

Smitty77

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 11:33:14 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Shoot 38% from the free throw line and most NBA teams will beat you...

Not even mad about this loss.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 11:33:24 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

outcoached also. no coach in his right mind would allow his team to shoot bricks for 48 minutes. insanity. at least try to attack in all ways. something. anything.

Because I'm sure Doc wanted the team to brick jumpers all night... this is what happens when you have a team that relies so much on jumpers - some nights, guys will be off and the offense will stagnate.  Short of suiting up and getting into the game himself, nkt much Doc can do to fix that.

As far as KG, the only real criticism I have actually relates to the first part of my post - I think he settles for jumpers too much. He's SO good when he goes into the paint, but he just doesn't do it enough.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 11:39:36 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Because I'm sure Doc wanted the team to brick jumpers all night... this is what happens when you have a team that relies so much on jumpers - some nights, guys will be off and the offense will stagnate.  Short of suiting up and getting into the game himself, nkt much Doc can do to fix that.

As far as KG, the only real criticism I have actually relates to the first part of my post - I think he settles for jumpers too much. He's SO good when he goes into the paint, but he just doesn't do it enough.

I disagree. you tell them to dribble drive, dish, and cut to the hoop. even post up. get in the paint.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 11:40:53 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Pierce looked worse in my opinion. Too many threes and just seemed to have no legs.

Then again everyone looked bad after Austin checked in. The body language was some of the worst I had seen. No sense if urgency.

I'm going to be optimistic and say this could be a "good" loss before this upcoming stretch of tough playoff opponents. Hopefully it's a reminder that we can be beat by any and everyone if we don't bring the necessary energy and effort.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14