Author Topic: Calling out KG  (Read 6870 times)

Re: Calling out KG
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 08:56:40 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Come on man!

KG has been the most consistent contributor for this team on both ends of the court, for this season and last season, without question, and you're going to call him out because he has a bad game or two?!?

Please!

Big Ticket has been huge for us this season, and is highly entitled to a couple of slow games without getting crap for it.

Sorry, I don't usually let things get to me anymore, but this got me a bit peeved, to say the least.

Wow.

Thank you.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 09:41:47 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
KG wasn't at fault for last night's loss.

He and Bradley are the only two guys who I think give 100% every game.

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 10:10:37 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
haha funny  >:( This team is a lottery team without KG. And you picked a bad night to call him out. KG had good shooting night leading the Celtics in scoring. As far as the rebounding goes Garnett counterpart Lopez had 6 rebounds, so rebounding point is moot. Celtics lost the game as a collective. The Pelicans outplayed them in every facet of the game.

outcoached also. no coach in his right mind would allow his team to shoot bricks for 48 minutes. insanity. at least try to attack in all ways. something. anything.

Because I'm sure Doc wanted the team to brick jumpers all night... this is what happens when you have a team that relies so much on jumpers - some nights, guys will be off and the offense will stagnate.  Short of suiting up and getting into the game himself, nkt much Doc can do to fix that.

As far as KG, the only real criticism I have actually relates to the first part of my post - I think he settles for jumpers too much. He's SO good when he goes into the paint, but he just doesn't do it enough.

I disagree. you tell them to dribble drive, dish, and cut to the hoop. even post up. get in the paint.

What's the thinking behind this? That the players could easily get to the rim and score, but Doc tells them not to and to just take jumpers? Or that Doc should tell them to force up shots that they aren't comfortable taking (or as open when they take them)?

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 10:10:38 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Impossible to blame this on anything other than FTs.  We took more shots than them AND shot better from the field/3.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 11:00:30 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
KG wasn't at fault for last night's loss.

He and Bradley are the only two guys who I think give 100% every game.

then kgs 100% has changed dramatically. He plays no harder then rondo every night who is constantly criticized. Even danny on a pregame interview had mention of kg not bringing it every night like he use too...sorry but he's more passive then ever this season, his trade mark intensity all but gone and he can only play 5 minutes at a time..his conditioning is apparently weak compared to other old stars Duncan and Kobe. Kg is an elite role player and his worth in the locker room and practice is more valuable at this point then anything he does in the games.