Author Topic: Trade Idea: Terry for Delambert or Udoh  (Read 1342 times)

Trade Idea: Terry for Delambert or Udoh
« on: January 16, 2013, 08:59:05 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
In all the Milwaukee trade ideas posted across this board (including mine), I've just noticed....

The Bucks don't have a single guard under contract next year, with the except of Doron Lamb (a 2012 2nd rounder averging 3 ppg). Dunleavy, their 3rd leading scorer, is also expiring. In fact, their top 3 scorers, and 6 of their top 10 scorers, are all free agents this summer.

Leads me to abandon my previous belief we'd have to take Gooden off their hands to trade them Terry, and wonder why the Bucks wouldn't exchange one of their many bigs for him. They'd certainly struggle to sign any player with championship pedigree like Terry in any offseason to a short, mid-level deal.

The candidates would be Delambert and Udoh -- anyone else is unrealistic, IMO. I'd prefer Udoh, but would likely take either.

Hat tip to Chris (directly) and Kovolidev (highly indirectly) for bringing this to light.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:06:43 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Trade Idea: Terry for Delambert or Udoh
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 09:16:24 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Ive been wanting to have Dalembert for a while. But who do we give up? Bass or Terry will do, i'd throw in a 2nd round pick if the bucks want to.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:39:26 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
In all the Milwaukee trade ideas posted across this board (including mine), I've just noticed....

The Bucks don't have a single guard under contract next year, with the except of Doron Lamb (a 2012 2nd rounder averging 3 ppg).

Technically, this is true. But Ellis holds an early termination option on his contract ($11 million), so he may well stick around. And Jennings can be QO'ed for only $4.3 million, which also seems likely. Although, he may get a big offer from another team.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:46:30 PM by Lucky17 »
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 03:18:23 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

The Bucks don't have a single guard under contract next year, with the except of Doron Lamb (a 2012 2nd rounder averging 3 ppg).

Technically, this is true. But Ellis holds an early termination option on his contract ($11 million), so he may well stick around. And Jennings can be QO'ed for only $4.3 million, which also seems likely. Although, he may get a big offer from another team.

Yes, Jennings is a RFA. Ellis is likely gone.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 08:16:04 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
although I would move JET for Dalembert, I don't see the appeal for Milwaukee even if they thought they'd lose their starting backcourt next year.  JET won't solve that problem for them since he's shown he's better suited to coming off the bench.  Plus at this point in his career, JET would be more desirable for a contender looking for that extra piece rather than a team struggling to make the playoffs