Author Topic: The Hawks have suspended Josh Smith for one game  (Read 8732 times)

Re: The Hawks have suspended Josh Smith for one game
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 02:25:24 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I hope the Cs stay away from this mess. I've never been a big fan of Smith's. He is a headcase who love to shoot to many jump shots.

I expect the Mavs and Lakers to be all over this. I dont think the Mavs have much to offer. The lakers could try to sell ATL on a trade built around Gasol. Not great for the future but Horford would get to play more PF if Pau joins the team. The lakers then have to sell Smith and Dwight aout staying with kobe.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 02:34:24 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Doesn't sound like Dwight has much interest playing so consistently in his home town.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 02:52:49 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I hope the Cs stay away from this mess. I've never been a big fan of Smith's. He is a headcase who love to shoot to many jump shots.

He is a head case.  And he does shoot too many jumpshots.

But he is exactly what the C's need to solidify the team on an elite level.  If you add a (committed) Josh Smith at PF to Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, and Garnett, that might be the best defensive team Boston has had in a long, long time.

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 03:29:53 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He is a head case.  And he does shoot too many jumpshots.

But he is exactly what the C's need to solidify the team on an elite level.  If you add a (committed) Josh Smith at PF to Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, and Garnett, that might be the best defensive team Boston has had in a long, long time.

That team would be the best defensive squad we've had in the KG era.

People get so caught up in Josh Smith's jumpshooting, they gloss over all of the other great things he does. He can score, he rebounds, he can pass - actually,  his ability to read the defense and pass the ball is constantly underrated - and he can block shots. I'd love to see KG play next to an elite shotblocker like Josh some day.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 05:21:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Ken Berger is reporting that the Mavericks, Rockets, and Grizzlies "appeal" to Smith in a trade.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/21563892/agent-for-hawks-smith-speaks-with-ferry-stops-short-of-trade-request

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 05:25:39 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Ken Berger is reporting that the Mavericks, Rockets, and Grizzlies "appeal" to Smith in a trade.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/21563892/agent-for-hawks-smith-speaks-with-ferry-stops-short-of-trade-request
waits for threads to pop up even more now on how Danny can get Smith
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
At this point, I'd rather not touch our team and wait and see if perhaps we could get him this summer.

If he doesn't somehow land in BOS, I'd hope he goes to HOU.

C - Asik
PF - J Smith
SF - Parsons
SG - Harden
PG - Lin

Bench: Royce White (Hopefully), Patrick Patterson, Dequan Cook.

He'd propel HOU well into the playoffs...I'm not sure how they'd do vs OKC, MEM, or Spurs, but that would be a nice lineup, IMO.

At this point, though, I'm thinking he wants Banners, which leaves BOS (Somehow) or the Lakers.

I don't see how he'd like LA, though..I'm not sure if any combination of talent that the Lakers trade for can get them past OKC. Even with Smith, I don't see how they contain Westbrook or Durant.

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 06:01:03 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

The Grizzlies make sense.  Memphis is apparently shopping Gay, and Atlanta is incredibly thin at the SF spot.

Dallas would have to be a free agent destination.  I'm not sure what they could offer that the Hawks would want.

Houston could try to send all those rookies to the Hawks.  That'd be a waste of Al Horford's career though, so if they trade with the Rockets, Atlanta would probably need to trade Horford (and maybe Teague) too.

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 06:10:48 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

The Grizzlies make sense.  Memphis is apparently shopping Gay, and Atlanta is incredibly thin at the SF spot.

Dallas would have to be a free agent destination.  I'm not sure what they could offer that the Hawks would want.

Houston could try to send all those rookies to the Hawks.  That'd be a waste of Al Horford's career though, so if they trade with the Rockets, Atlanta would probably need to trade Horford (and maybe Teague) too.

I disagree about Memphis - unless they're moving Z.Bo, where would Josh play?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 06:17:51 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Josh Smith's agent spoke with Danny Ferry on Wednesday to discuss his client's "frustration" with the Atlanta Hawks' recent spiral.

"As far as moving forward and whatever changes will be made, that's more so management's job to field those calls and make the decisions they feel like are best to move forward," Smith's agent, Wallace Prather, told CBSSports.com.

Prather stopped short of requesting a trade.

Smith will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

The Hawks have conducted trade talks centered on Smith with multiple teams, according to NBA executives.

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 06:33:26 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

I disagree about Memphis - unless they're moving Z.Bo, where would Josh play?

Smith is athletic enough to play the 3, but your point is valid.

I'm not a big fan of Smith, but his versatility is fascinating,  if we could pull a trade for him that sent away Green, I'd be okay with it because when Pierce goes out, Smith can slide over to the SF position and still give us production.

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 09:57:33 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'd sort of like for Smith to be traded to the Lakers, where he proceeds to shoot them out of games in Mike D'Antoni's offense.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2013, 01:23:37 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
At this point, I'd rather not touch our team and wait and see if perhaps we could get him this summer.

If he doesn't somehow land in BOS, I'd hope he goes to HOU.

C - Asik
PF - J Smith
SF - Parsons
SG - Harden
PG - Lin

Bench: Royce White (Hopefully), Patrick Patterson, Dequan Cook.

He'd propel HOU well into the playoffs...I'm not sure how they'd do vs OKC, MEM, or Spurs, but that would be a nice lineup, IMO.

At this point, though, I'm thinking he wants Banners, which leaves BOS (Somehow) or the Lakers.

I don't see how he'd like LA, though..I'm not sure if any combination of talent that the Lakers trade for can get them past OKC. Even with Smith, I don't see how they contain Westbrook or Durant.

That would be pretty sweet. I'd like to see that lineup.

Josh Smith would be a major get for Houston.

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2013, 02:54:46 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Suspensions don't mean much unless Mark Cuban owns the team.
I moved the cheese.