Author Topic: The Hawks have suspended Josh Smith for one game  (Read 3407 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 634
Re: The Hawks have suspended Josh Smith for one game
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 12:41:55 PM »
I actually think the Lakers and Hawks are on a crash course for a trade.  And I think what it might end up being is Howard going to Atlanta for Horford, when the Lakers see the writing on the wall and realize Howard is not staying this summer.
I was thinking somethikng similar except Howard for Smith.   maybe broaden it to Howard/Gasol for Horford/Smith/Pachulia.  not sure the $ works and that would be a major shakeup for both teams but it would clear the discontent in LA and still fibe atlanta that foundation player they really need

The problem is, Smith is the lure for Howard.  Smith and Howard are buddies, and the Hawks are holding on to Smith in the hopes of luring Howard and Paul this summer to Atlanta.

For this reason, I think there is very little chance Smith is traded anywhere this season, unless Howard and Paul come off the table somehow.

But, if Howard tells LA that he isn't going to resign (or they see the writing on the wall), they could just decide to blow it up, and run with Horford.

Online Kane3387

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 537
  • Intensity!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 12:43:06 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkdzywk

Smith and Stevenson
For
Green, sully, and lee

DKC Sacramento Kings
'14 1st - SAC, NO, CHR (prot), ORL(prot), PHI(prot)
'15 1st - SAC (LAC swap), TOR, BKN (ATL can swap), MEM(prot)
'16 1st - best of SAC & LAC
'17 1st - SAC, MIA

Offline Birdman

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 12:49:49 PM »

Smith and Stevenson
For
Green, sully, and lee
ppl here would go bonkers if the C's traded Sully

Offline LB3533

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 271
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 12:57:57 PM »
I seriously feel Josh Smith is not worth the hassle.

I had expected him to make a significant leap to the next level after they traded away Joe Johnson, but it hasn't happened.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Kevin Garnett
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 01:01:56 PM »
I seriously feel Josh Smith is not worth the hassle.

I had expected him to make a significant leap to the next level after they traded away Joe Johnson, but it hasn't happened.

He did though.  Until the C's broke his teams will a couple weeks ago, and they went into a tailspin.

Offline crownontherocks

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 49
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »
Atlanta was really high on Fab Melo during the pre-draft workouts. Boston picked 1 slot ahead of Atlanta and took Fab Melo. It was Danny using his leverage for a potential (long-shot) Josh Smith trade.

I bet danny atleast makes a phone to see what it will take

Offline slamtheking

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 2178
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 01:34:04 PM »
I actually think the Lakers and Hawks are on a crash course for a trade.  And I think what it might end up being is Howard going to Atlanta for Horford, when the Lakers see the writing on the wall and realize Howard is not staying this summer.
I was thinking somethikng similar except Howard for Smith.   maybe broaden it to Howard/Gasol for Horford/Smith/Pachulia.  not sure the $ works and that would be a major shakeup for both teams but it would clear the discontent in LA and still fibe atlanta that foundation player they really need

The problem is, Smith is the lure for Howard.  Smith and Howard are buddies, and the Hawks are holding on to Smith in the hopes of luring Howard and Paul this summer to Atlanta.

For this reason, I think there is very little chance Smith is traded anywhere this season, unless Howard and Paul come off the table somehow.

But, if Howard tells LA that he isn't going to resign (or they see the writing on the wall), they could just decide to blow it up, and run with Horford.
I see where you're coming from on the Smith/Howard connection.  if anything, I think the more likely scenario is LA moving Gasol and pieces to Atlanta for Smith.   I don't see the appeal for Atlanta to do that deal and I don't think LA would take Horford for Howard (even if say Teague and/or Pachulia were thrown in)
Pick 2 Draft 2014: Cleveland Cavs:
Starters:
Kyrie Irving, Kevin Martin, Luol Deng, Serge Ibaka, Nikola Vucevic.
Bench: Andray Blatche, Tyreke Evans, Corey Brewer, Kosta Koufos, Rodney Stuckey, Anthony Morrow, Reggie Evans

Offline Mr October

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 196
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 01:35:35 PM »

Smith and Stevenson
For
Green, sully, and lee

I'd rather have Sully over J Smith. I like guys that are smart and efficient. Plus Sullinger comes on a GREAT price tag for the next 4 years.

I don't trust Smith's IQ.

Online AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 343
  • DKC Commish
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 01:47:40 PM »

Smith and Stevenson
For
Green, sully, and lee

I'd rather have Sully over J Smith. I like guys that are smart and efficient. Plus Sullinger comes on a GREAT price tag for the next 4 years.

I don't trust Smith's IQ.

A couple of months ago people on this site would have thought you were insane.

But I 100% agree. Sully for president.
DKC League Chicago Bulls - co-Commissioner
Avery Bradley, Wes Matthews, Nicolas Batum, Taj Gibson, Joakim Noah
Greivis Vasquez, Jerryd Bayless, Jimmy Butler, Ed Davis, Joel Freeland
[Derrick Rose]

2014 Pick 2 Indiana Pacers - Commissioner
2013 CB Draft Cleveland Cavs - Eastern Conference Champs!

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
    • Sports Paintings
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 01:48:34 PM »
I don't see a trade happening. I think the Hawks are going to play it out and hope he signs.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Kevin Garnett
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 01:54:25 PM »

I see where you're coming from on the Smith/Howard connection.  if anything, I think the more likely scenario is LA moving Gasol and pieces to Atlanta for Smith.   I don't see the appeal for Atlanta to do that deal and I don't think LA would take Horford for Howard (even if say Teague and/or Pachulia were thrown in)

Yeah, I think the Gasol deal makes a ton of sense, but won't happen as long as Howard and Paul are free agents this summer.  Could be an interesting sign and trade this summer though (I forget, do the new sign and trade rules for teams in the tax kick in this summer, or next?). 

As far as Horford for Howard, I think that only happens if the Lakers hand is forced.  If Howard basically tells them that he is walking, then a Horford/Teague package would be hard to beat.  But if Howard continues sitting on the fence, you are right, they will just wait it out.

Offline kozlodoev

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 469
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 01:59:45 PM »
As far as Horford for Howard, I think that only happens if the Lakers hand is forced.  If Howard basically tells them that he is walking, then a Horford/Teague package would be hard to beat.  But if Howard continues sitting on the fence, you are right, they will just wait it out.
I fully expect Howard to tell them the exact opposite of what he actually ends up doing. What a train wreck this guy is.

Managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

Offline scaryjerry

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 72
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 02:12:17 PM »
Josh Smith is overrated...you think rondo drives us nuts? lol@wanting Smith

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Kevin Garnett
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 02:13:57 PM »
I fully expect Howard to tell them the exact opposite of what he actually ends up doing. What a train wreck this guy is.

Right.  The question is, whether the Lakers management are as big suckers as the Magic were.

Offline snively

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 380
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 02:25:13 PM »

Yeah, if Atlanta believes they have a real shot at Howard with Josh Smith in the fold, I also doubt they make any Smith trade.

Such a huge longshot though.

And no way does LA consider a Horford for Dwight swap.
Pick 2 Team: Rockets (McHale)
PG M. Chalmers ($4 mil) SG J. Harden ($5.8 mil) SF W. Chandler ($5.9) PF Nene ($13) C S. Hawes ($6.5) 6th man: Ginobli ($14.1) 7th man: Marv Williams ($8.3) Enforcers: F. Ezeli ($1), C. Hayes ($5.5) Bench Marksman: A. Morrow ($4) Young Gun: R. Jackson ($1.2) Greybeard: P. Prigioni ($.5) Towel-Waver: Mike Scott ($.5)

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog