Author Topic: The Hawks have suspended Josh Smith for one game  (Read 8723 times)

Re: The Hawks have suspended Josh Smith for one game
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 12:41:55 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I actually think the Lakers and Hawks are on a crash course for a trade.  And I think what it might end up being is Howard going to Atlanta for Horford, when the Lakers see the writing on the wall and realize Howard is not staying this summer.
I was thinking somethikng similar except Howard for Smith.   maybe broaden it to Howard/Gasol for Horford/Smith/Pachulia.  not sure the $ works and that would be a major shakeup for both teams but it would clear the discontent in LA and still fibe atlanta that foundation player they really need

The problem is, Smith is the lure for Howard.  Smith and Howard are buddies, and the Hawks are holding on to Smith in the hopes of luring Howard and Paul this summer to Atlanta.

For this reason, I think there is very little chance Smith is traded anywhere this season, unless Howard and Paul come off the table somehow.

But, if Howard tells LA that he isn't going to resign (or they see the writing on the wall), they could just decide to blow it up, and run with Horford.

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 12:43:06 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkdzywk

Smith and Stevenson
For
Green, sully, and lee

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 12:49:49 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411

Smith and Stevenson
For
Green, sully, and lee
ppl here would go bonkers if the C's traded Sully
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 12:57:57 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I seriously feel Josh Smith is not worth the hassle.

I had expected him to make a significant leap to the next level after they traded away Joe Johnson, but it hasn't happened.

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 01:01:56 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
I seriously feel Josh Smith is not worth the hassle.

I had expected him to make a significant leap to the next level after they traded away Joe Johnson, but it hasn't happened.

He did though.  Until the C's broke his teams will a couple weeks ago, and they went into a tailspin.

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Atlanta was really high on Fab Melo during the pre-draft workouts. Boston picked 1 slot ahead of Atlanta and took Fab Melo. It was Danny using his leverage for a potential (long-shot) Josh Smith trade.

I bet danny atleast makes a phone to see what it will take

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 01:34:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I actually think the Lakers and Hawks are on a crash course for a trade.  And I think what it might end up being is Howard going to Atlanta for Horford, when the Lakers see the writing on the wall and realize Howard is not staying this summer.
I was thinking somethikng similar except Howard for Smith.   maybe broaden it to Howard/Gasol for Horford/Smith/Pachulia.  not sure the $ works and that would be a major shakeup for both teams but it would clear the discontent in LA and still fibe atlanta that foundation player they really need

The problem is, Smith is the lure for Howard.  Smith and Howard are buddies, and the Hawks are holding on to Smith in the hopes of luring Howard and Paul this summer to Atlanta.

For this reason, I think there is very little chance Smith is traded anywhere this season, unless Howard and Paul come off the table somehow.

But, if Howard tells LA that he isn't going to resign (or they see the writing on the wall), they could just decide to blow it up, and run with Horford.
I see where you're coming from on the Smith/Howard connection.  if anything, I think the more likely scenario is LA moving Gasol and pieces to Atlanta for Smith.   I don't see the appeal for Atlanta to do that deal and I don't think LA would take Horford for Howard (even if say Teague and/or Pachulia were thrown in)

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 01:35:35 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Smith and Stevenson
For
Green, sully, and lee

I'd rather have Sully over J Smith. I like guys that are smart and efficient. Plus Sullinger comes on a GREAT price tag for the next 4 years.

I don't trust Smith's IQ.

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 01:47:40 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

Smith and Stevenson
For
Green, sully, and lee

I'd rather have Sully over J Smith. I like guys that are smart and efficient. Plus Sullinger comes on a GREAT price tag for the next 4 years.

I don't trust Smith's IQ.

A couple of months ago people on this site would have thought you were insane.

But I 100% agree. Sully for president.

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 01:48:34 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I don't see a trade happening. I think the Hawks are going to play it out and hope he signs.

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 01:54:25 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

I see where you're coming from on the Smith/Howard connection.  if anything, I think the more likely scenario is LA moving Gasol and pieces to Atlanta for Smith.   I don't see the appeal for Atlanta to do that deal and I don't think LA would take Horford for Howard (even if say Teague and/or Pachulia were thrown in)

Yeah, I think the Gasol deal makes a ton of sense, but won't happen as long as Howard and Paul are free agents this summer.  Could be an interesting sign and trade this summer though (I forget, do the new sign and trade rules for teams in the tax kick in this summer, or next?). 

As far as Horford for Howard, I think that only happens if the Lakers hand is forced.  If Howard basically tells them that he is walking, then a Horford/Teague package would be hard to beat.  But if Howard continues sitting on the fence, you are right, they will just wait it out.

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 01:59:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
As far as Horford for Howard, I think that only happens if the Lakers hand is forced.  If Howard basically tells them that he is walking, then a Horford/Teague package would be hard to beat.  But if Howard continues sitting on the fence, you are right, they will just wait it out.
I fully expect Howard to tell them the exact opposite of what he actually ends up doing. What a train wreck this guy is.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 02:12:17 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Josh Smith is overrated...you think rondo drives us nuts? lol@wanting Smith

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 02:13:57 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
I fully expect Howard to tell them the exact opposite of what he actually ends up doing. What a train wreck this guy is.

Right.  The question is, whether the Lakers management are as big suckers as the Magic were.

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 02:25:13 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Yeah, if Atlanta believes they have a real shot at Howard with Josh Smith in the fold, I also doubt they make any Smith trade.

Such a huge longshot though.

And no way does LA consider a Horford for Dwight swap.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri