Author Topic: The Hawks have suspended Josh Smith for one game  (Read 8728 times)

The Hawks have suspended Josh Smith for one game
« on: January 16, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Hawks have suspended Josh Smith for one game and he will not play on Wednesday.
Smith was fined and suspended for conduct detrimental to the team and the Hawks are providing no other explanation. He will not play on Wednesday as a result, meaning that Zaza Pachulia could slide into the starting lineup in place of Smith. Smith was reportedly kicked out of practice on Tuesday, which led to his suspension. Larry Drew promised to shake things up, but this comes completely out of the blue. Smith has apologized in a statement and is expected to be back after his brief suspension.

Source: Chris Vivlamore on Twitter Jan 16 - 11:17 AM

Re: The Hawks have suspended Josh Smith for one game
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 11:35:30 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I foresee several trade proposals on this thread in the near future
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:38:05 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
well alright then
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 11:42:51 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Lol, I was going to post the same thing!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 11:48:46 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Barbose, Lee and box of Dunkin Donuts for him!
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 11:57:30 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
what sound does am implosion make?

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 12:06:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I foresee several an absolute flood of trade proposals on this thread in the near future

just wanted to fix this for you.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 12:09:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I hope Josh Smith leaves Atlanta this summer. I am really fed up that team + I would love to see Josh Smith play under a top quality coach in a good situation.

I am ready for that Atlanta + Josh Smith marriage to end.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Okay I be the first!! Bass, Lee, and Melo..he is a FA and he is not resigning with them..dont know if salaries matches

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 12:14:28 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Okay I be the first!! Bass, Lee, and Melo..he is a FA and he is not resigning with them..dont know if salaries matches

No chance Ferry is taking back future salary from us for role players. None.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 12:17:01 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I think Josh Smith will go wherever the money is. If that is Atlanta, it's Atlanta. If it's somewhere else, it'll be somewhere else. He'll follow the money.

Atlanta can offer him more than anyone else with that extra year. I wouldn't rule the Hawks out. I think they still have a better than fair chance of keeping Josh Smith.

I hope they don't though. Like I said, I am fed up of this Hawks team.

Edit: Sorry, to be more clear -- with Josh Smith able to earn $20 million a year, I don't know if he'll be a guy with multiple offers on the table for max money. $20 million a year is more than a bit pricey for a player like Josh Smith. And with Atlanta able to offer that extra year, even if others do offer him max money, they can still out-bid any and every offer. Why I think they have a better than 50-50 shot at keeping him despite the warning signs.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:22:56 PM by Who »

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 12:18:21 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I actually think the Lakers and Hawks are on a crash course for a trade.  And I think what it might end up being is Howard going to Atlanta for Horford, when the Lakers see the writing on the wall and realize Howard is not staying this summer.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 12:19:47 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Hope the Hawks doesnt do like Toronto and Phoenix did..let there superstar walk for nothing (Bosh and Amare) Both said they probably wouldnt resign and they didnt..No way Smith will resign with Atlanta..they better trade him for something

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I actually think the Lakers and Hawks are on a crash course for a trade.  And I think what it might end up being is Howard going to Atlanta for Horford, when the Lakers see the writing on the wall and realize Howard is not staying this summer.

Horford would be brilliant with Pau Gasol ... and Steve Nash and even Kobe Bryant.

Horford would really help bring that team together in ways that Dwight Howard cannot do offensively with his (Horford) jump-shooting, passing and overall high post play. In addition to his other assets. The Lakers would get so much more out of Pau Gasol.

A Horford, Pau, Nash and Kobe > Dwight, Kobe, Nash and Pau foursome

Still, I hate the trade. It's a massive loss in terms of individual talent (Dwight to Horford). I'd have to be very worried about Dwight leaving ... not to the roll the dice on him staying during free agency this summer.

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 12:27:47 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I was thinking somethikng similar except Howard for Smith.   maybe broaden it to Howard/Gasol for Horford/Smith/Pachulia.  not sure the $ works and that would be a major shakeup for both teams but it would clear the discontent in LA and still fibe atlanta that foundation player they really need