Author Topic: What happen to all the Avery Bradley lovers?  (Read 886 times)

What happen to all the Avery Bradley lovers?
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Seriously. First he comes back and he is our "savior" and he is a god amongst Celtics legends. I remember hearing that this year or next year he is going to be playing like Russell Westbrook.

Im not bashing Avery in anyway but I just think its funny how the bandwagons work in beantown. Rondo can be bashed all day long but when he has one stellar game there is no talk of how bad he is but no talk of how good he is either. Avery comes back, the team does well and he is a Godsend... But then he doesnt do much and there is no talk about his play.

Anyway, after that rant. Is Bradley still a prime trade candidate or is he here for the long run... Personally I think Courtney Lee gives us almost as much as Bradley does on the defensive side plus give us better offense. If Bradley is the deal breaker for any center or big man then I am pulling the trigger. Im not shopping him, but for me he isnt untouchable... Thoughts?

Re: What happen to all the Avery Bradley lovers?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 09:28:48 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I thought Avery Bradley played great when he first came back. Then got hurt and hasn't had much of impact since returning. I am hoping it is just the injury.

If it's not, it's a major problem.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I thought Avery Bradley played great when he first came back. Then got hurt and hasn't had much of impact since returning. I am hoping it is just the injury.

If it's not, it's a major problem.

I think its the injury.  Though he is starting to become the Jacoby Ellsbury of the Celtics. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 09:32:40 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Anyway, after that rant. Is Bradley still a prime trade candidate or is he here for the long run... Personally I think Courtney Lee gives us almost as much as Bradley does on the defensive side plus give us better offense. If Bradley is the deal breaker for any center or big man then I am pulling the trigger. Im not shopping him, but for me he isnt untouchable... Thoughts?

If Bradley cannot reproduce his form of late last season between now and the trade deadline, his trade value is going to bottom out (short term). He is only a valued asset if he is playing well.

Bradley doesn't have enough of a track record to be given the benefit of the doubt. Especially as such an undersized two guard.

So Bradley's recent poor play is a major problem on both counts. Performance and trade value.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 09:34:04 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He is what he is.

A great on ball defender.  Limited offensive player (who is improving)  Still lacking in size.

He is a piece of the team.  He is not the savior.  He is not the switch. 

He, for right now, is a platoon SG.  The platoon of him and Ray last year worked.  A good mix of defense and offense.  Two completely different players that forced defenses to adjust strategies. 

And no, he is not a major trade piece right now.  He still needs a longer stretch of this improved play without injuries.  Until then, his trade value will likely be less then his on the court value. 

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 09:35:38 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Quote from: CelticsBlog Rules
Do not start threads or make posts for the purpose of "calling out" other posters.  Retrospective threads are fine, "I told you so" threads aimed at making others look bad are not.

Quote from: CelticsBlog Rules
Do not label fellow posters in a way that is likely to provoke a negative response.  Dependent upon context, examples include, but are not limited to, "fake fan", "bandwagon fan", "not a real fan", "hater", "homer", "koolaid drinker", etc.

This is locked.  If you want to start a more constructive post about Bradley's play without calling out fans, please do so.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes